Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
altharion1
Banned

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#41 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 am

On top of the points already made: healing anyone outside your party in ORVR (in most situations) is actually counter productive to you gaining the best rewards.

As a healer you are better off letting everyone die around you, apart from your group, to maximize the chance of your party members getting the death blow - and therefore the medals/seals.

It feels bad that it works this way. It would be cool if there were better rewards for actually helping people as a healer - but its probably not feasible.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Acidic

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#42 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:10 pm

It seems odd to me that there is a acceptance of solo dps getting rewards in form of killing blows and rr but the mention of a solo healer getting rr is considered a cancer.
I liked my healer and he was my main but I got so irritated with the combination of rr, killing blows and contribution system (includes rr I strongly believe) I rolled a tank.
Surprise the tank in a short time (compared with shammy healer) out rr'ed and got full conq quite painlessly.
The system should change to help healers even if not a full rollback to the old. There should be some middle ground.