Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Just in outta grp play! In grp play it doesent matter
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
Bobbiom

Post#22 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm

There are far more active healers playing on this server than back on live, Karak Norn.
It was so bad that I feelt the call to reroll a zealot and main it.

I remember that I was in so many sc in t4 being the only healer for 11 people and that is a time when there were no solo/duo scenario to join.

There is almost always a demand for healers and tanks whereas dps have to sit in a loooong queue to get a spot for groups and warbands.

One pockethealer and a decent sorc/bw peforms really good.

dansari

Post#23 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm in favor of increased renown for healing out of party, but don't think there's a way to enable that for tanks unless you tied it to HtL or Challenge and even then, it seems a little finicky (you could add a small amount of damage to Challenge to count as tagging a player with damage? That seems messy). IIRC from past discussions, the medallions on deathblows can't be changed or would be very difficult to change in the code.

Tanking/healing well is really not recognized or rewarded as much as I think it could/should be. Any changes to reward good play there gets my support.
<Salt Factory>

Jaycub

Post#24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 pm

dansari wrote:I'm in favor of increased renown for healing out of party, but don't think there's a way to enable that for tanks unless you tied it to HtL or Challenge and even then, it seems a little finicky (you could add a small amount of damage to Challenge to count as tagging a player with damage? That seems messy). IIRC from past discussions, the medallions on deathblows can't be changed or would be very difficult to change in the code.

Tanking/healing well is really not recognized or rewarded as much as I think it could/should be. Any changes to reward good play there gets my support.
Let guard be usable outside of party at half effectiveness and tie it to that? It's also a bit of a shame to group mdps in the same planet as rdps.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#25 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Can let the Argument all classes should have Same acces to solo stand like that. Its like Wy a meta setup van earn more renown than an alternativ setup? So where we Start and where it ends?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

freshour
Banned

Post#26 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm

I would actually love to see this come back. Healers get no love in this game lol. maybe that is just because I played DoK but still, it was a nice carrot that is no longer available among tens and twenties more of other carrots that are no longer there that are slowly contributing to the decline of the server lol.

I'm sure when the patcher and client control come out things will get better. But changing something like this in the mean time will do literally no harm, and only good for the entire server... It will probably be locked and said, "This will never happen" - so be prepared.

But I'm with you despite what everyone else says. Tons of people hate healing, only a very small portion actually enjoy it. And this little carrot might make it easier to find a healer who doesn't only play with a certain group.

Gerv
Banned

Post#27 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:54 pm

I understand why it was implemented in the first instance, because of the outcry from healers in scenarios choosing to solo heal over in their own party when solo quing rather than as a group. While it is frustrating, you can overcome this issue by creating a group, or a duo, or even a three and bring your own healer.

I agree, if the code can be written to re-implement out of party healing I think this would greatly benefit the healers espically in warbands. It is common knowledge that healers get shafted in regards to bag rolls in RvR zones, usually placing behind the tanks who place behind dps.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

th3gatekeeper

Post#28 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:17 am

freshour wrote:I would actually love to see this come back. Healers get no love in this game lol.

Snip...

But I'm with you despite what everyone else says. Tons of people hate healing, only a very small portion actually enjoy it. And this little carrot might make it easier to find a healer who doesn't only play with a certain group.
Healers, as well as tanks. The death blow thing is far too rewarding. Far too many people roll dps, or "dps" tanks. Heck, more roll RDPS than anything else...

Healers should get more love (atleast you do have a metric on SCs you can point to unlike tanks). Tanks should get more love too. Tanking is one of the most selfless jobs in the world. Being apmost like a "pet" who follows around his guard-ee and then parying his healer wont let him die...

People like to claim "playing the role right will net you wins and that's all the reward you should need" but fundamentally that's not how the human brain works. We desire to be recognized, to feel important. It's why at the end of every SC people are always checking their damage or healing... we all know it REALLY doesn't matter.... but it does because it's really the only "metric" we have.

On topic - yes healers need more love. However I worry about the abusability of giving more incentive for out of party heals... while I want that, I've also seen the downside of it too. Frankly, I think things like this are only solved by adjusting the role and making it more FUN to play the role. What makes healing fun for those that do it? What would make it more fun?

"Carrots" only last so long.. making something fun lasts forever.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#29 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:13 am

Yeah I just want more RR in general for IN party heals. If it sounded like I meant out of party heals, I apologize. Just anything to make healers enjoy it more would be great imo.

Penril

Post#30 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 am

Gerv wrote:I understand why it was implemented in the first instance, because of the outcry from healers in scenarios choosing to solo heal over in their own party when solo quing rather than as a group. While it is frustrating, you can overcome this issue by creating a group, or a duo, or even a three and bring your own healer.
Not if you do Pug SCs. Why would a healer join a random premade when he can gain 3 or 4 times more renown pugging SCs? They will only premade with their guilds.

Trust me, you will see pretty much all healers going out of group and gaining much more renown than everyone else. That cancer should not be brought back.