leveling speed and experience gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Coma

Re: leveling speed and experience gains

Post#41 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:00 am

szejoza wrote:All that talk about gear and stuff just looks like you want to have every char with decent gear at max level until you can get the feel of the class

Mechanics define classes, not certain skills, and they don't change suddenly when you hit lvl40
Auras work the same
BW/Sorc mechanic works the same
Stealth works the same
Fury works the same
WP/DoK works the same
etc.etc.

And I agree that you can't fully test a class at early levels, damn, even at 40/80 you wil be able to test new things as new mastery points are unlocked compared to 40/40. What I had in mind is that when playing the class in T1 up to 16lvl is enough to get the general idea if you like it or not.

Also as I have stated in different thread - giving quicker exp gain will only bred more alts and xrealmers.
the matter of gear is a thing specific for melee healer... that are actualy much more dependent of it than other classes... this is a sad thing but an actual thing... :/ with damage and healing being related for them if they can't deal enough damage they also are unable to dish out enough healing making them suck at both... a dps that don't deal high damage is still dealing resonable damage... an healer that dont give a great healing output is still healing in a resonable manner... a melee healer that already have lower damage output and lower healing output (to compensate the fact that is doing both at the same time) end up dealing negligeble damage and negligeble healing if his gear is not up to a certain level :/

as for alt and Xrealm... it's not really a matter of leveling speed... lvl 2 character is already easy.. yes getting them to hig RR is a different matter but getting them to 40/50 is not so hard... and you just need 2 char to xrealm... you don't need 8 ^^

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: leveling speed and experience gains

Post#42 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Coma wrote:
szejoza wrote:All that talk about gear and stuff just looks like you want to have every char with decent gear at max level until you can get the feel of the class

Mechanics define classes, not certain skills, and they don't change suddenly when you hit lvl40
Auras work the same
BW/Sorc mechanic works the same
Stealth works the same
Fury works the same
WP/DoK works the same
etc.etc.

And I agree that you can't fully test a class at early levels, damn, even at 40/80 you wil be able to test new things as new mastery points are unlocked compared to 40/40. What I had in mind is that when playing the class in T1 up to 16lvl is enough to get the general idea if you like it or not.

Also as I have stated in different thread - giving quicker exp gain will only bred more alts and xrealmers.
the matter of gear is a thing specific for melee healer... that are actualy much more dependent of it than other classes... this is a sad thing but an actual thing... :/ with damage and healing being related for them if they can't deal enough damage they also are unable to dish out enough healing making them suck at both... a dps that don't deal high damage is still dealing resonable damage... an healer that dont give a great healing output is still healing in a resonable manner... a melee healer that already have lower damage output and lower healing output (to compensate the fact that is doing both at the same time) end up dealing negligeble damage and negligeble healing if his gear is not up to a certain level :/

as for alt and Xrealm... it's not really a matter of leveling speed... lvl 2 character is already easy.. yes getting them to hig RR is a different matter but getting them to 40/50 is not so hard... and you just need 2 char to xrealm... you don't need 8 ^^
It's an MMO. Deal with it. Go play something else if you want the best stuff right now.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog