Recent Topics

Ads

SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Warfare80

SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm

I could be wrong. But i think the pug sc is NOT a pug sc. If oyu can join with 3 ppl(?) then its not a pure pug vs pug sc. Yesterday i met a destro premade 8 times in the pug sc. They even nuked our cannons so we couldnt even hit them with those.
Lots of scenarios is ofc premades,as it should. Its a pvp game. But theres also lots of casual solo players. Beeing farmed by premad is kinda killing the fun sometimes. 0-500 points,no renown (thats logical) But maybe could throw in a few emblems? Or some renown?

Now lots of ppl thinks this would make ppl afk leech. Well thats ok. Just report them and let GMs handle that problem.
Im totally wrong about this?
Discuss good and bad things about this. Keep the posts clean please :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
Madcatmech
Suspended

Re: SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I have to admit I see 3 x 2 duos, frequently, that obviously work together as if it were a premade to avoid the system (example: 3 alliance guilds each supplying 2 members which forms a 6/6/6). Not gonna name the guilds on forums ofc but can start providing screenshots ofc.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Losing side in pug scenario should not get rewards, otherwise why would anyone ever queue as a full group? Pug scenario already discourages playing as a group; if you were to win rewards for afking/losing, then the incentives to group up would be even further nullified.

Pros of Pug sc
* easy pvp
* you avoid 6-mans - that is a huge bonus
* they pop very quickly whereas 6man scenarios never pop/take 15minutes a pop sometimes
* easy emblem farming if you queue up with a friend

Cons of Pug sc
* doesn't promote group play
* you don't know what group setup/classes you will come up against
* you don't know what group setup/classes you will have on your team

Bad players will still be bad, and a good duo can capitalise on that. Nothing wrong with a duo dominating pug scenario. If you see a guild going out of their way to queue up as duos, then report it.

Warfare80

Post#4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Loosing a SC maybe could add some "scrap" emblems?

5 or 10 scraps = 1x emblem?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

th3gatekeeper

Post#5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:51 pm

This has long since been a debate.

This is the way I see it. The Scenario "population" is broken up into what seems like 3 types of players.

1) True PUGs. For the sake of simplicity lets just say this is 1-2 guys who get on for a SHORT period of time typically (<1hr) and dont want to bother forming a group etc. These players just want to get on, have no stress/hassle, have fun, and hopefully earn some currency.

2) Small Groups. These are typically groups of 3+ players, either semi coordinated up to highly cordinated. Maybe even a full 6 man. Looking to just "farm" some SC currency. Maybe not a true "meta" group, but just a group of guys (and gals) that are all likely in coms, working together.

NOTE: I would classify 3 groups of 2, who are abusing the PUG system, as part of THIS group.

3) True "meta" 6 mans. Who are likely trying to que up/arrange to fight against ANOTHER 6 man. They are usually less interested in the full SCs, but likely want to focus on the 6v6 scene...

So, in a perfect world, we would have something for each population base and INCENTIVE each of these game-types appropriately.

So, just to brainstorm how (IMO) this should work:
PUG SC: 1 Emblem per 100 points (means 5 max, no bonus 1 for win, a losing team with 400 points = 4 emblems)
Normal SC: 2 Emblem per 100 points for winners (no bonus for win). 1 Emblem per 100 for losers.
"True" 6v6 SC: 3 Emblem per 100 points for winners (no bonus for win). 2 Emblem per 100 for losers.

- But this is just an OUTLINE of what I would look at and frankly... I dont want to get into a debate about "cost" of items, but I do think either scaling UP the rewards or DOWN the cost would help too...

This would peg a MAX reward for a win each thing at:
PUG: 5
Normal: 10
6v6: 15

And Loser rewards at:
PUG: 4
Normal: 4
6v6: 8

Which, to me, seems to incentive grouping MUCH more now due to the significantly higher return for a win. The solo/duo crowd still can do THEIR thing... But I think this would appropriately incentive grouping much more for SCs.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:02 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:This has long since been a debate.

This is the way I see it. The Scenario "population" is broken up into what seems like 3 types of players.

1) True PUGs. For the sake of simplicity lets just say this is 1-2 guys who get on for a SHORT period of time typically (<1hr) and dont want to bother forming a group etc. These players just want to get on, have no stress/hassle, have fun, and hopefully earn some currency.

2) Small Groups. These are typically groups of 3+ players, either semi coordinated up to highly cordinated. Maybe even a full 6 man. Looking to just "farm" some SC currency. Maybe not a true "meta" group, but just a group of guys (and gals) that are all likely in coms, working together.

NOTE: I would classify 3 groups of 2, who are abusing the PUG system, as part of THIS group.

3) True "meta" 6 mans. Who are likely trying to que up/arrange to fight against ANOTHER 6 man. They are usually less interested in the full SCs, but likely want to focus on the 6v6 scene...

So, in a perfect world, we would have something for each population base and INCENTIVE each of these game-types appropriately.

So, just to brainstorm how (IMO) this should work:
PUG SC: 1 Emblem per 100 points (means 5 max, no bonus 1 for win, a losing team with 400 points = 4 emblems)
Normal SC: 2 Emblem per 100 points for winners (no bonus for win). 1 Emblem per 100 for losers.
"True" 6v6 SC: 3 Emblem per 100 points for winners (no bonus for win). 2 Emblem per 100 for losers.

- But this is just an OUTLINE of what I would look at and frankly... I dont want to get into a debate about "cost" of items, but I do think either scaling UP the rewards or DOWN the cost would help too...

This would peg a MAX reward for a win each thing at:
PUG: 5
Normal: 10
6v6: 15

And Loser rewards at:
PUG: 4
Normal: 4
6v6: 8

Which, to me, seems to incentive grouping MUCH more now due to the significantly higher return for a win. The solo/duo crowd still can do THEIR thing... But I think this would appropriately incentive grouping much more for SCs.
Very nice points. So if pug team were to lose but gain 400 points, they would still get 4 emblems - that sounds fair (pretty much how it is now). What I'm opposed to is the idea of getting X amount of emblems just for taking part/losing in a pug sc.

adei

Post#7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Unlikely to happen, pug scenario pretty much serves its purpose for those that want to play in it, if you get smashed that's just the way it is, try and get your teammates to work together. There is a place for those who want to pug, there is a place for those who want to 6v6, and there is a place for those who just want to do scenarios.

Scenario gear is already straightforward to get, its just time investment. Win = x reward. It's not like your rolling for a bag. If people are still trying to take advantage of this system, please provide a GM screenshots/details so they can be investigated.

Kragg

Post#8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:45 pm

OP has a point tho. If you see the same 6 people in the same setup, who happen to be in the same Alliance too, for hours on end pugging in two's instead of doing the 6-man for easy gains it beats the purpose of the a pug scenario. There is just one of em, afterall.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Kragg wrote:OP has a point tho. If you see the same 6 people in the same setup, who happen to be in the same Alliance too, for hours on end pugging in two's instead of doing the 6-man for easy gains it beats the purpose of the a pug scenario. There is just one of em, afterall.
True. Last night the same Sorc with the same personal heal-bot and the same guard-bots in BFP over and over again got a bit annoying.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Arbich
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Martok wrote:
Kragg wrote:OP has a point tho. If you see the same 6 people in the same setup, who happen to be in the same Alliance too, for hours on end pugging in two's instead of doing the 6-man for easy gains it beats the purpose of the a pug scenario. There is just one of em, afterall.
True. Last night the same Sorc with the same personal heal-bot and the same guard-bots in BFP over and over again got a bit annoying.
I think it happens at low population. But calling a scenario where you can form a group (of two) prior to queuing PuG-SC is hilarious, true.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM