Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Objectives...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MedV

Sc Objectives...

Post#1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Sc after Sc Destro goes for kills and chases while Order accomplishes the task undeterred. Scs like Phoenix Gate, Temple, Tabelec Dam and Serpents Pass. It happens so much and people dont realize that winning the Sc gives more XP. I understand I can join a guild and only do pug sc's but I like going in solo and trying to win.

My suggestion is to reward the people who try to win instead of just zerging for kills. I understand too much xp or rr will just give order more xp and push ahead. Therefore, I think it should be a cosmetic reward. New shards should be introduced each time you accomplish the task and then the shards can be turned in for new cosmetic items or exclusive dyes. I think it should be very expensive rewards and not just "do it 10 times to get it". I believe this would give at least some incentive to accomplish the task.
The King.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Sc Objectives...

Post#2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:34 pm

I play both order and destro. There is a fair mix of folk on both sides who killzerg and play the objective.....
Alea iacta est

Foltestik

Post#3 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 pm

becouse running with part is boring like hell

MedV

Post#4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm

I dont know. Im usually forced to run the salvage part back and forth on Serpents pass and hope my team hold mid. I do get bored but winning gets you 25k xp and losing gets you 1k since kills on that sc arent worth any xp. Anyone have any ideas to improve scs? Bec right now I just dont Q for serps and Tebalacs dam.
The King.

Druin
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 pm

You win you get more emblems. If they don't want to win so be it.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Panzerkasper

Post#6 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

How about switching spawns randomly?
We did it with the rvr keeps and i really like that.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

MedV

Post#7 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Druin wrote:You win you get more emblems. If they don't want to win so be it.
Not only that but you get a huge XP drop. I dont understand how people dont want to win.
The King.

Fallenkezef

Post#8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:17 pm

MedV wrote:
Druin wrote:You win you get more emblems. If they don't want to win so be it.
Not only that but you get a huge XP drop. I dont understand how people dont want to win.
Because it's fun to kill the other guy and peole play for fun. Hard concept to understand for some folks.

I've been trying to grind emblems for a week now so I am not deaf to your point. However there is no forcing people to play how you want them to.
Alea iacta est

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Most people fall into one of three categories: a) they want to 'technically' win, so they'll focus the objective in the hopes of 'winning' the game; b) they want to just engage in a fight and don't care how much they die/who wins/what they're doing/ignore everyone (this is the majority); c) are geared, and only care for PvP.

If we are losing on points badly, we will go for the objective - but we will not prioritise it to such an extent where we are avoiding PvP. Some objective-based maps are INCREDIBLY boring, too, or made worse by the fact that you need some semblance of cooperation between multiple parties (Logrin's Forge) in order to win - and this RARELY materialises.

Personally? I don't really care for objectives, but will do them if it helps the greater good - but I will always look for fights first and foremost. If it happens to be a pug farm(which is sadly 99% of current scenarios), we will just do the objective and get it done. I will always prioritise kills over an objective-based 'win', but I can empathise with your concerns. For what it's worth, even in elitist sadboy 6v6 land, one or two guilds strangely like to prioritise objectives over actual PvP, too, so it isn't just restricted to normal sc.

Fallenkezef

Post#10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Most people fall into one of three categories: a) they want to 'technically' win, so they'll focus the objective in the hopes of 'winning' the game; b) they want to just engage in a fight and don't care how much they die/who wins/what they're doing/ignore everyone (this is the majority); c) are geared, and only care for PvP.

If we are losing on points badly, we will go for the objective - but we will not prioritise it to such an extent where we are avoiding PvP. Some objective-based maps are INCREDIBLY boring, too, or made worse by the fact that you need some semblance of cooperation between multiple parties (Logrin's Forge) in order to win - and this RARELY materialises.

Personally? I don't really care for objectives, but will do them if it helps the greater good - but I will always look for fights first and foremost. If it happens to be a pug farm(which is sadly 99% of current scenarios), we will just do the objective and get it done. I will always prioritise kills over an objective-based 'win', but I can empathise with your concerns. For what it's worth, even in elitist sadboy 6v6 land, one or two guilds strangely like to prioritise objectives over actual PvP, too, so it isn't just restricted to normal sc.
Pretty much my take on it. I play SC's for small scale fights because the rvr lawnmowers zergs bore me to tears
Alea iacta est