Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Objectives...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: Sc Objectives...

Post#51 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:38 am

Is that because in a common sc, there's a chance you'll be grouped with a premade who can do all the heavy lifting for you? Not that all pugs are bad (quite a lot are good, and do actually help).

Ads
7rere7

Post#52 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Is that because in a common sc, there's a chance you'll be grouped with a premade who can do all the heavy lifting for you?
Yes if im playing a new character.
I can hold my own with one of my mains ,spec if I have the current gear.
It just seems when I get my character caught up with gear ,wep and I start to chill , more gear is introduced in diff areas of the game( sc, rvr or bosses).

if players get their gear they deserve it regardless who it is .....I think all players need a good space in time before new gear comes along .

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:54 am

7rere7 wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Is that because in a common sc, there's a chance you'll be grouped with a premade who can do all the heavy lifting for you?
Yes if im playing a new character.
I can hold my own with one of my mains ,spec if I have the current gear.
It just seems when I get my character caught up with gear ,wep and I start to chill , more gear is introduced in diff areas of the game( sc, rvr or bosses).

if players get their gear they deserve it regardless who it is .....I think all players need a good space in time before new gear comes along .
i can empathise with that. conqueror/dominator gear has been around for quite a while now, though, and it's only a matter of time before people get bored of lack of carrots (i mean, those who are actually incentivised by gear sets to play - which is a large amount of players).

ragafury

Post#54 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 am

7rere7 wrote:

I basically commented on a person saying that a casual players should quit if they cant deal with the current unbalanced entertaining state of this game!
I called no one a dictator!

I know this forum is dominated by a certain type of group & I wish not to compete with their ways but I try only to help the little guys,(that do not speak out for themselves on here) & ROR.

Im sorry if I offended any dev !
Interesting. Please show me where I wrote that pugs should quit.

I basically gave a hint to get a better farm rate. Cause the incentive is to win the scenario itself (medals, RR)
This goes easier with a 2 man in pug SC or a balanced group.

I never wrote go pro nor did I wrote quit the game. All I've said is organize yourself and stop complain or educate others and that there is already an environment for that playstyle which is fairly enough.

The only one moaning about gear and equipment is you.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#55 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Aside from all the discussion, I want to point out, that the collective thinking of "premades" carry pugs in a SC is not true in half of the cases. I saw many times Destru premades playing absolutely horrible + non Objectives.
Its their right to do so, but as outsider in such a SC you end up with 0 heals, they fight, until all Puggers died and wait for respawn, than they die by themselfes.

SC lost, even if we would have had a very good chance of winning.

I dont have a solution, because as some pointed out: This is mostly a player/career setup problem. Orders playing more ranged with barely any tanks and very few healers.

In SCs my own impression from playing both sides is, that Order EVEN plays a bit better, but they are more likely to have crappy career constellation.

But what would be cool is, if they could make not only 1 SC a PUG SC instead maybe 3 (1 like Serpents passage, 1 like Reikland and 1 like Mourkain.

When I played many SCs 1 Week ago, it also seemed, that I ended up many times vs Premades in PUG SCs. Is this intended if no other team is aviable to queue against?

peterthepan3

Post#56 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

PUG sc has already killed group pops: our group were waiting for 25minutes in queue last night, no pops, with several MT scs in circulation. Having an extra 2 pug scs would just cement this; it is basically the equivalent of telling groups to jog on and find a new game where being in a group isn't actually frowned upon but, rather, encouraged!.

Well, if there are only about 50 people queuing for scenarios (as was the case last night), then this should both: a) be the case; b) be totally acceptable. Why should groups have to miss out during low pop periods just to appease the pugs who can't be bothered to group up?

(nothing personal mate, just frustrated with the current state of SC)

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:PUG sc has already killed group pops: our group were waiting for 25minutes in queue last night, no pops, with several MT scs in circulation. Having an extra 2 pug scs would just cement this; it is basically the equivalent of telling groups to jog on and find a new game where being in a group isn't actually frowned upon but, rather, encouraged!.

Well, if there are only about 50 people queuing for scenarios (as was the case last night), then this should both: a) be the case; b) be totally acceptable. Why should groups have to miss out during low pop periods just to appease the pugs who can't be bothered to group up?

Aside from the current state of sc's; interesting aswell to see the frequency in sc pops now compared to when dominator released. Play pretty regularly but got the feeling pops are way less frequent, thus reducing income gain --> should currency requirement be adjusted? (especially the weapons which are currently overgrind).

peterthepan3

Post#58 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Madcatmech wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:PUG sc has already killed group pops: our group were waiting for 25minutes in queue last night, no pops, with several MT scs in circulation. Having an extra 2 pug scs would just cement this; it is basically the equivalent of telling groups to jog on and find a new game where being in a group isn't actually frowned upon but, rather, encouraged!.

Aside from the current state of sc's; interesting aswell to see the frequency in sc pops now compared to when dominator released. Play pretty regularly but got the feeling pops are way less frequent, thus reducing income gain --> should currency requirement be adjusted? (especially the weapons which are currently overgrind).
Given relative ease of acquiring subjugator/conq now to how it was before, I'd wager so. Yet that would be a doubleedged sword: people would get what they need, go back to RvR with its plethora of goodies and rip sc.

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#59 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Madcatmech wrote:

Given relative ease of acquiring subjugator/conq now to how it was before, I'd wager so. Yet that would be a doubleedged sword: people would get what they need, go back to RvR with its plethora of goodies and rip sc.
Relative ease of aquiring? Those emblem Numbers are a HUGE deal, especially if you have no fixed pro group that will carry you.

Also your sentence: "PUG sc has already killed group pops"

You mean: Competetive 6v6 groups killed themselfes. There are simply not enough.
I dont want to sound rude, but for me it seems all you guys are enjoying to get fast wins and steamroll pugs.
Its not your guys main intention, but still a welcome "bonus". Thats why you seem to be so much against PuG SCs

You cant expect Random SC players with low gear to have fun playing punching bags for your kind of groups.
Those people need the lvl 39 weapon mostly and are happy to get out of this shitfest as fast as possible.

Its no rocket science to understand, that this seems to be the majority of players, and it seems for many its some sort of necessary evil due to: A) They need the lvl 39 Weapon, or B) their class is dependant on mercenary set instead of annihilator. No wonder they dont want to queue against your kind. Especially when 75% of the team is not even lvl 40

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:31 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Madcatmech wrote:
Relative ease of aquiring? Those emblem Numbers are a HUGE deal, especially if you have no fixed pro group that will carry you.

Also your sentence: "PUG sc has already killed group pops"

You mean: Competetive 6v6 groups killed themselfes. There are simply not enough.
I dont want to sound rude, but for me it seems all you guys are enjoying to get fast wins and steamroll pugs.
Its not your guys main intention, but still a welcome "bonus". Thats why you seem to be so much against PuG SCs

You cant expect Random SC players with low gear to have fun playing punching bags for your kind of groups.
Those people need the lvl 39 weapon mostly and are happy to get out of this shitfest as fast as possible.

Its no rocket science to understand, that this seems to be the majority of players, and it seems for many its some sort of necessary evil due to: A) They need the lvl 39 Weapon, or B) their class is dependant on mercenary set instead of annihilator. No wonder they dont want to queue against your kind. Especially when 75% of the team is not even lvl 40

Yes, Conqueror/Subjugator/Genesis, with the new system, are easier to acquire than they were before.

No, did I mention competitive 6v6? That was dead a long time ago due to lack of endorsement and the fact that this game is a casual game, largely populated by people who intend on soloing in a group-based game. Nothing we can do about that, but it's a shame either way.

I don't enjoy steamrolling pugs, which is why 'my guys' will log off after 3/4 pug farm scs. A lot of other groups, however, are happy to do this sort of 'pvp', so I cannot speak for them.

I am so much against pug scenarios because: a) it detracts from the purpose of the game, i.e. playing as a group and with other people; b) it has had an adverse effect on group pops, this doesn't mean 6v6, it means general pops for groups because if there aren't many people queuing scenario and if pugs are queuing for pug-only sc, then group pops suffer as a result; c) linking in with point a, it dissuades people from ever bothering to practice synergy and/or form groups, but instead gives them a 'quick fix' where they can join and just hope to have a good chance of winning via RNG - as opposed to actively seeking to win.

'My kind' :D How dare I want to promote group-based play and shun solo/pug endorsement! Maybe level to 40 first, make friendly with some people (I'm sure you can do this, right? Or is even this mere task too arduous?), and then queue? Why one would ever queue as a sub-35 in trash gear baffles me. Maybe it warrants a 39 and under separate sc queue.