Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Objectives...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Skalier
Banned

Re: Sc Objectives...

Post#21 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Problem with tanks is because they have cheallange, this make big difference when all your team dealing -30% less damages because only one ability, and when there is 5 tanks on opposite site and you have one or none problem grew up and make battle not impossible to win.

But both this problem may be easy resolved if you nerf cheallange and make some healing points in SCs.

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#22 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Skalier wrote:
"Premade" when one snared you in place, second knock you down and 4 kick when you are lying on the ground is bad association and should be unacceptable.
get gud and form a group.
I do not agree that this is just a team game. I know other games where teams are formed but it is more a collection of individualities that simply fight arm in arm and each of them is able to handle himself perfectly. And not like in this game that if you do not have a tank or healer you will definitely lose.

/Sorry for two posts in a row

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:07 pm

...but it is a team game. That's the simple, harsh reality of it. It's an MMO, it's predicated on playing with other people. Your argument stems from the perspective of someone who doesn't play with other people, nor do you seem determined to even try to.

Well, why not play those games then? If it ain't broke, don't fix it; WAR isn't broke! Yes, I agree that there are games that cater more to solo players - but those tend to be games that are more story/individual-driven (Live WoW with its lfr/instaarena system, TOR solo story, etc). WAR is more group/warband-driven, with very little solo incentives (the /duel function wasn't even working on live, doesn't that tell you something? :P )

Protip: if you see challenge on you, use buffhead to track it, and then use 3 weak abilities to nullify it. Problem solved! No more 30% dmg nerf. Challenges don't stack btw, and unless you're up against a premade who knows how to cycle them (which requires voice comms), the challenge debuff is usually disposed of within 2/3 seconds in a 12v12.

Collateral

Post#24 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:Edit: Would also be cool to get some tips from the top players. Because now I level a range character and I know the first seconds of the clash if we win or lose. Because when I see certain Destruction tanks in the enemy team, I can literally do NOTHING. They have such a massive frontline, that noone really can touch their Herlers or sometimes Magus/Sorcs. All you see is Dodge/Disrupt/Evade combatlog and barely any damage. As soon as you try to push a little in, you are dead... I really have no Idea what we can do vs this strong destru PuG constellation because they have so many Melees + Healers.
While I'm not among your pro top players, here's a simple tip that will help you quite a lot in general: stop focusing tanks. If you see the enemy has a crap ton of melee and tanks, focus the melee! Tanks have a lot of dodge and disrupt because of hold the line, and of course stacking defensive stats. Use buffhead to your advantage, set it up to show guards, challenges, immunity etc. There is a whole list of ability IDs for that, and it's not hard to set up. Try to keep permanent snares on tanks, knock them down or punt them. And trust me, destro can easily say the same about order rdps spam, and how hard it is to catch up to them and so on.

So the only thing to do is practice. Try different strategies, specs, group comps and what not. While there are certain meta builds, you don't have to use them to have fun, which should be your ultimate goal (it is for me at least).

MedV

Post#25 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Yea the same complaints do come from both sides. Destro with too many tanks and MDPS. And Order with RDPS RDPS and RDPS. Especially SW that have a ranged knock-down. But after reading all this I decided to team up with one guy and play scs to win. On serpants pass we were the only ones to take the salvage part and we just went back and forth. On Temple we grabbed the artifact and sat in the back while I spammed healed him. On Phoenix game we won so quickly by just walking around. Seems like no one even tries to guard objectives. We won a huge amount of games.

My only suggestion is maybe give more XP for kills on Serpants and points for kills. I dont think people realize you get 0xp for a kill (which I thought would make people go for the objective, but it still doesnt). I would also like to see a Sc that is just 6v6 that could be fun.
The King.

footpatrol2

Post#26 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

The SC's used to actually matter in assisting zone flips. Each SC was tied to a specific zone. So just farming kills and losing the SC was a bad idea. You used to make your premade group's designed to win that specific SC. Playing the objective used to be everything. When SC's were removed from the campaign well... So was the meaning of the SC's and SC's turned into a side game that doesn't really matter to the campaign so... Essentially we have two gaming systems ORvR and SC's when it used to be all interconnected.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 pm

MedV wrote: I would also like to see a Sc that is just 6v6 that could be fun.

There is, but it doesn't pop much because: a) little point queuing for a 15minute fight if you're hunting emblems (you actually get less emblems p/hour via queuing Isha, given that it will almost always last the entire 15minutes, than you do queuing all); b) around 70% of active premades don't queue for it, lest they actually have to fight another premade and have their 'skills' tested!

MedV

Post#28 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:The SC's used to actually matter in assisting zone flips. Each SC was tied to a specific zone. So just farming kills and losing the SC was a bad idea. You used to make your premade group's designed to win that specific SC. Playing the objective used to be everything. When SC's were removed from the campaign well... So was the meaning of the SC's and SC's turned into a side game that doesn't really matter to the campaign so... Essentially we have two gaming systems ORvR and SC's when it used to be all interconnected.
That is a great concept. It would also make more people Q for Sc's and work for the objective and have a greater sense of accomplishment when they won. And would give the team who wasnt zerging zones a fighting chance to hold the zone.

Also I was placed in like 6 Sc's in a row with a Black Toof premade. 2 Shamans a choppa and a BO. You guys did a great job at keeping them busy while me and my friend just did the objectives. Easy 200k xp in like an hour.

And peter, I play Sc's bec I enjoy the fact that if I do well we have a larger chance to win, compared to me having nothing to do with a winning fight in ORvr. Being tested and having a close match is the most fun I have in this game. When we dominate a Sc im bored and when we get dominated Im bored. Best games are when its 500 495 and it was a nail bitter.
The King.

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#29 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:57 pm

peterthepan3 I never write about solo playing, doing duels 1v1 only about group playing with random people in scenarios and warbands what you calling playing solo.

Martok

Post#30 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 am

What Footpatrol2 said.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...