Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Objectives...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Druin
Former Staff

Re: Sc Objectives...

Post#41 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Tesq wrote:
Druin wrote:You win you get more emblems. If they don't want to win so be it.

You missed the point or not red at all, he want win and stick to the obj others dont. Since he think the mindless ppl is draging him down he ask if single player action could be rewarded in some way(id say right).
In live this was accomplished by when give the part/bomb ppl in surrounding recived addiotional renown (look old serpent passage video).
Which was a pretty straight forward way to make ppl interested in take the part and avoid mindless tradeklll.

I didn't miss the point. I pointed out that people, who don't play the objectives, already recieve less rewards by losing the sc and obviously don't care.
So I doubt it has anything to do with a lack of rewards and more with fighting simply being more fun (how others already pointed out).
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Ads
Tesq

Post#42 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Let me rephrase your sentence, some ppl dont play, some does ; all got Nohing due the first ones. Again single rewards like live server for serpent passage part were nice

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#43 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Druin wrote:I didn't miss the point. I pointed out that people, who don't play the objectives, already recieve less rewards by losing the sc and obviously don't care.
But another ones, who ARE playing objectives becomes punished too.
Is it intended?
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 am

SilverWF wrote:
Druin wrote:I didn't miss the point. I pointed out that people, who don't play the objectives, already recieve less rewards by losing the sc and obviously don't care.
Is it intended?
Man if you really wanna spam flags and transport bombs around so much, then let's just make x amount of obj-based scenarios with 0 points for kills, and x amount of pure pvp scenarios with no objective. People can then queue for whatever they want! (would be interesting to see which ones prove more popular) :lol:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 am

SilverWF wrote:
Is it intended?
Yes.

If you don't like pugging, group up and play the way it was intended.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

7rere7

Post#46 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am

Spoiler:
Ragafury

Pug sc was never intended to form a group !
If a tank tanks ,dps dps, healers heal then that is all that should be required for the pug sc! To say that players need to play more extreme level of group game play & if they quit ,is ok.....that is mmo dictatorship!
If a couple pugs cannot do their part in the sc it should still be balance enough to be competitive on both sides,quiting should not be an option.
I would bet the extreme players would not cry over ror's continued existence or not because they can go feed off another mmo game !

Devs put out new gear after gear ,which makes it diff for puggers to stay near a competitive level.
To think its fair for 30'-39 against 40's in a SC is messed, more so ,40's having all their morals ,tactics, abilities ,better gear & more renown.
This game should be fair, balanced & above all fun , I believe at this point its not intended to be.
12 vs 12 players in a SC is to many, 30's shouldn't be against 40's.

The best combination gear seems to be 2 cong, 2dom, 2 bl. or a mixing of some sort. You think pugs want to mess with all that crap? Not until RVR & the game concept design is fun to play. Sadly the devs have resurrected the same power creep grind design to ror , which killed warhammer.
If you don't like our game, don't play. You're right on point with that. However, calling us dictators and spreading blatantly false statements is going to end up in a forum ban for you. There are plenty of normal, civil, and respectful ways of directing comments towards staff that doesn't come off like a child throwing a tantrum.

peterthepan3

Post#47 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 am

7rere7 wrote:Ragafury

If a tank tanks ,dps dps, healers heal then that is all that should be required for the pug sc! To say that players need to play more extreme level of group game play & if they quit ,is ok.....that is mmo dictatorship!
If a couple pugs cannot do their part in the sc it should still be balance enough to be competitive on both sides,quiting should not be an option.
I would bet the extreme players would not cry over ror's continued existence or not because they can go feed off another mmo game !

Devs put out new gear after gear ,which makes it diff for puggers to stay near a competitive level.
To think its fair for 30'-39 against 40's in a SC is messed, more so ,40's having all their morals ,tactics, abilities ,better gear & more renown.
This game should be fair, balanced & above all fun , I believe at this point its not intended to be.

The best combination gear seems to be 2 cong, 2dom, 2 bl. or a mixing of some sort. You think pugs want to mess with all that crap? Not until RVR & the game concept design is fun to play. Sadly the devs have resurrected the same power creep grind design to ror , which killed warhammer.

All I got from this was 'I want that gear, I can't get it because of hurr and durr, I could form a group but i'd rather wallow in self pity, plus people playing the game properly in groups should be banned!!!11'

realtalk, tho: you have a pug scenario, enjoy it, but don't moan about not being able to get X, Y and Z as quickly as others who are playing the game with other people, i.e. as per its intent. You should be grateful that you even have such a sc.

7rere7

Post#48 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 am

If you don't like our game, don't play. You're right on point with that. However, calling us dictators and spreading blatantly false statements is going to end up in a forum ban for you. There are plenty of normal, civil, and respectful ways of directing comments towards staff that doesn't come off like a child throwing a tantrum.[/quote]

I basically commented on a person saying that a casual players should quit if they cant deal with the current unbalanced entertaining state of this game!
I called no one a dictator!

I know this forum is dominated by a certain type of group & I wish not to compete with their ways but I try only to help the little guys,(that do not speak out for themselves on here) & ROR.

Im sorry if I offended any dev !

Ads
Shmerrick

Post#49 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:25 am

I for one am one of those people who just likes to fight rather than worry about some silly objective.

7rere7

Post#50 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 am

peterthepan3 wrote:

All I got from this was 'I want that gear, I can't get it because of hurr and durr, I could form a group but i'd rather wallow in self pity, plus people playing the game properly in groups should be banned!!!11'

realtalk, tho: you have a pug scenario, enjoy it, but don't moan about not being able to get X, Y and Z as quickly as others who are playing the game with other people, i.e. as per its intent. You should be grateful that you even have such a sc.
peterthepan3 wrote:

hurr & durr.....that was my reasoning ? That's a nice factual explanation ,truth spinner!
I said nothing about players playing properly should be banned.....more spins!

Its prob a fact that a pug has higher % to win in a common SC then the pug sc. That is a clear indication of something wrong wih the pug sc.