Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Balancing/Healer 'locks'

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
OddSean

Scenario Balancing/Healer 'locks'

Post#1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey. So after playing scenarios on both sides I feel that we need some kind of balancing system for healers in RvR. On both sides people scream about the opposite faction only rolling tanks and healers, and it is a rather true fact. I'm not sure if it's a flaw in the system or just a basic case of classes being popular, but I think it would be good to have a 'cap' of sorts to the amount of healers allowed in a scenario. As proof that this is happening, I have taken some screenshots.

Sorry about the zone name in the picture. Anyway, as you can see, Order has 5 healers. 3 warrior priests, a runepriest and an archmage. Now, on destro...

Uhh... Yeah. 2 versus 5 is not very fair. So, I suggest, as said before, a cap on the amount of healers allowed in a scenario. Perhaps around 2 in scenarios like Nordenwatch and Gates of Ekrund, 3 in scenarios like Mourkain Temple, and around 5-6 for maps like Battle of Praag. Of course, these can be adjusted. This way, scenarios can be much more fair to both sides and create an equal, fair game. Just a suggestion.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Re: Scenario Balancing

Post#2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 pm

So what do you do when you get DD healers instead of real ones because you put a cap on the # of healers?

zabis

Re: Scenario Balancing/Healer 'locks'

Post#3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

2 healers in a scenario would never work. It should be 4 minimum, that way each 6man can have 2.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Scenario Balancing/Healer 'locks'

Post#4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 pm

If you want a balanced group, make one.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog