Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Tiers and players levels

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
flintboth

RvR Tiers and players levels

Post#1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:40 am

We are testing the new RvR Tiers since two months and some days.
This systeme look nice (for me) and have bring some good things.
Is it planed to test something new ?
Like merge T1 with T2 for characters levels 1 to 20 and T3 merged with T4 for players 20 to 40 ?
This is nice to play on T2 maps with our high level characters but it really seems it is not fair for players who are starting the game and play with characters levels 16 to 20. I mean now there is many closed groups and WB who avoid all the characters under level 40.
The confrontation between players on T2 is trash or hard, "DoT" and "HoT" do not often have time to finish or even start, many addons or keyboards give a certain advantage to a certain type of "players".
This is nice to learn the Keep siege mechanics of oRvR with old players and theirs high characters and I don't want to ask for something who can broke the teaching of RvR mechanics, who are little bit complicated. I asking my self it is fun for all ? and new players are they taking fun and interest in game with all that high levels characters doing all they want with them ?
For me play a level 16 to 20 in this RvR rules is a little bit frustating in guild or not, with friends or not.
We all know how much differences they are between a levels 16 character and a level 40 ? (can take only pots level 16 max, talismins levels limited, tactics, morals, mounts, direct focus, no group heal, gear stats and procs useless, abilities, skin...).
Or is it planed to give to them a special gear set to make their game life more fun ?
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: RvR Tiers and players levels

Post#2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

Is it planed to test something new ?
No, current merge stays as it is.

Also, as we usually have 1000+ ppl now on most evenings I think the silent majority of players that do not post on forums like the chages as well.

flintboth

Post#3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am

Yes.
And an interesting set for characters 16 to 20 ? (who give them more interesting things to be recruited by group or wb)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 am

Set of what? Gear? Or ruleset? Or what you have in mind?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 am

Hargrim answered about tests.

The Rework is actually uncomplete. 50% of the basic stuff has been deployed. But the most important part still remain (siege / BO control modifiers). It will be detailled a bit more in the next days threw a Dev Diary :). But for priority reasons, the rework will continu next year now (which is not so far). We keep an eye on actuall deployment and plan some little tweaks here and there.

The choice to isolate T1 from the rest of the game is intended. I can't imagine a new player crossing HL :). T1 = Discovery.

About specific gear i can't tell if something planned, but afaik, creating a set isn't so simple (cause when DB team create a set, they create in fact 24 sets... which takes lot of time).

Our lack of client control doesn't help in this process cause if we do new items, we must link icons (else you won't be able to equip) and if your game client haven't this info... ...you see the problem? :)

flintboth

Post#6 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am

Gear, a set with decent stat proc in regard of what going on on the RvR lake.
A gear set you can win on PvE or RvR and it make the characters levels 16/20 not useless on RvR lake.

flintboth

Post#7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 am

Ok thanks replies.
Understanding.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

flintboth wrote:Gear, a set with decent stat proc in regard of what going on on the RvR lake.
A gear set you can win on PvE or RvR and it make the characters levels 16/20 not useless on RvR lake.
And characters with level 21+ would not use that gear and still outshine the 16-20? As a level 16 you got better bolster than the level 21. Adding new gear set wouldn't change a thing.

I'm not saying there won't be new gear and sets for mid tier characters, but the problem, if there is one, is not where you think it is.

Ads
flintboth

Post#9 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 am

Ok, thank you.

Aehnur

Post#10 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 am

There already are lvl 15-17 rvr or sc sets + shoulder and helm pieces from t2 epic quests. I'm currently leveling a toon in those levels and these gears do the job.