Recent Topics

Ads

Keeplord mechanic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nidwin

Re: Keeplord mechanic

Post#41 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 am

It's not only healers as I've also seen order dps reset the Lord when they start chasing me outside the Lord room. The few times destro (during my playing hours) can attempt to bring down a keep Lord with or without aao we seem to do pretty well.

I've never been a fan of keep Lords (because the PVE aspect of it) but I don't mind how it's done here as it gives the defending faction a chance to fight back because of the time it takes to bring a Lord down.

I'm not buying into the x-realmers stuff to reset a keep Lord. Nor do I buy into the x-realming (switching side for the win) to explain aao fluctuations.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#42 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:59 am

Skyy wrote:Does he need to reset at all? Make him do alot more dmg when further away from the midle will keep the need to orginize and teamplay but remove the frustration of resets. Just a thought <3
Yes, because cancer kiters.

CaledorTree

Post#43 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am

I did not read all the posts, so sorry if I repeat anything.

The current lord mechanic is exploitable. If someone intentionally wants to keep resetting it, he can do it. He can screw the whole realm actually for as long as he wishes. This is the 1st reason why the mechanic should be changed.

The current lord mechanic is very buggy and requires careful players who have read the posts, understand English, read the chat and actually care. This is the majority of the people here, thanks God, but not ALL of them. So, again, someone really careless, new to RoR, even a child from another country can screw things up for an entire realm. 2nd reason and going on.

Until now, we have seen that this system allows 1 person to make everyone else's life difficult. Intentionally or not. And there is nothing the rest can actually do, other than swear and keep spamming abilities for 30mins (once in Avelorn they tried for 1h before they wiped).

Now, I am going to speak about what challenge, frustration, boring NPC bashing means to me.

RoR, as WAR live is an ORvR game. I like to play so I can kill other players, and die to them once a day (lol). So, I do not really like to hit NPC's who are just buggy, repetitive, easily exploitable and ofc predictable.

Challenge is something most like, because otherwise we get bored. But there is a thin line between challenge and frustration/annoyance. On live lords were ridiculously easy. 1 slayer could solo them with proper spec. But here we are on the opposite side. And this is also wrong. Reminds me of boring WoW raid bosses. But raids there were PvE, and not ORvR. Having so many people spamming abilities for so long is also boring. There is no point actually for this. It is even worse that doorhammer back in the day.

Suggestion. Even if you do not lower their HP, at least you can do the following. Lords should only reset after 10/20/30 secs, during which they should not be hit by anything. So, a lord chases a guy and then he returns to the room center in order to reset. But if he is hit in the meantime or after he gets back, before some seconds pass, his health does not return to 100%.

From my point of view, if the enemy has wiped, they will need much more than 20 secs to get back to lord room, but if some troll decided to reset, he will fail, because the lord room will have people still who will hit it again very very soon ;D

Having people guarding bottom floor etc is nice, adds depth, but doing this for a long time gets boring. I remember on my chosen spamming Hold The Line! for 35mins...At least we took the keep, but I was soooooo fed up of funneling.

I hope you devs come out and play with us again, and see for yourselves what can be improved! We have missed you in ORvR!
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

CaledorTree

Post#44 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 am

Coma wrote:the problem with lord reset is that no matter how many people listen to you... it just take a single idiot (or opposite faction 5yo ****** logging his other faction tank, engi/magus or Wl/SH created just for trolling) to reset the boss again and again... and there is no way to prevent that idiot from doing what he want ^^'

A DoK/WP using AoE channel heal without guard can pull aggro pretty easily... and than run...
A Dps tank using taunt or taunt proc to maximize his dps... that than run becuse he "surprisingly" got aggro...
An Eng/Magus that just run in RVR after some PvE lvling with taunt tattic on turrets that places the turret on the balcony...

there are so many way a single player out of wb and that have no interest in reading chat and probably is even a newby that don't understand WHY the boss is resetting can pull aggro again and again and reset the boss...

this is the main problem, it is not a complex strategy... it is not an hard fight... it is not even a problem of how tough or hard hitting the boss is... is simply a problem of random players doing what they want without giving a XXXX about what the other 70+ people around them are tring to do ^^'
I TOTALLY agree with your post. Sadly until now none quoted or mentioned something about it. :roll:
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Revec

Post#45 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Zombieorc wrote:
Revec wrote:hello! ive recently become more and more frustraded...
Haders gonna hade
Frustraders gonna frustrade
:roll:
Clar Karond - Dragonback Mountains - Karak Eight Peaks - Karak Norn/Azgal

Hargrim
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm

CaledorTree wrote:I hope you devs come out and play with us again, and see for yourselves what can be improved! We have missed you in ORvR!
?

Developers still play the game and oRvR too?

CaledorTree

Post#47 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:I hope you devs come out and play with us again, and see for yourselves what can be improved! We have missed you in ORvR!
?

Developers still play the game and oRvR too?
Back in the older days I remember Vistyn, Github, Torquemadra, Elven and others being around way more than today! Honest! Druin also.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#48 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm

I see Torque fairly often on both his eponymous toon as well as Svanne, Beastmistress and a couple others I cant remember now (his magus is one I have seen recently).

I dont know the in game names of other dev toons besides one of Hargrims (spoiler: its named Hargrim). I see a lot of the GMs playing though. I know Storm plays with TrainWreck and Drow.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#49 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Because devs totally doesn't have alts, change names and hover invisibly around keeps. Honest!

In all seriousness, the reset on lost LoS / out of range probably could be improved or finetuned. But it's 100% playable now, so focus is on other aspectsmof the game.

covenn

Post#50 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

One healer group healing out of tether range can be enough to reset the lord repeatedly and keep it from ever being taken. They don't even have to be trying to exploit and may not even realize they are doing it. Yeah it is 100% playable, but that doesn't mean it is very fun.

I would be perfectly ok with it not resetting and simply one shotting people it agro's outside of the lord room / certain range. Like check range on the target it agro's and if greater than a certain distance and/or out of line of site, execute them (through obstacles obviously)

On a side note, I am not sure if it is designed like this or there is just a bug that happens once in a while, but there have been times I have died to a lord ....gotten rezzed, and immediately drew agro again on it. Death should clear the agro ...and if it is supposed to, we may have a weird bug in play.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order