Recent Topics

Ads

EXP Bonus for PQ's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Renork

EXP Bonus for PQ's

Post#1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:42 pm

The double XP event was excellent and I was able to reel a friend of mine into ze ROR <3

So, I had a random idea seeing as how the PQ's were populated during the event.

A) Exp Bonus for participating at specific PQ's. Example: For the next hour, "hard" PQ's will grant players 1.5XP/2.0XP. This would happen totally at random, but it would allow for random people to get together for good XP (especially during NA times).

I bolded the above because some people don't read and instead rather write "NO IT TAKES AWAY FROM RVR/LAKES/MYLIFE". It's not a permanent bonus, it's a short duration bonus.

B) Exp Bonus for participating in any PQ once or twice a month.

What does this accomplish? Well, meeting random people is not a bad thing. It also alleviates the mind numbing grind.

<3

Edit: This is especially helpful for the 16-30 grind, which barely has any scenario pops.

Ads
warhammer1995

Re: EXP Bonus for PQ's

Post#2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Agree slightly increase xp in pq.
RP - Pavoss :idea:

alusnova

Post#3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 pm

They should also have extra exp/RR during NA times, something like 25% increase, this will create 3 things :

1.Some EU players staying to play longer thus creating a decent population during NA.
2. NA players don't feel that they are way behind in RR/Leveling/gear/medals due to hardly scenarios popping , less orvr activity
3. Promotes any new NA player to stick with the game as they level to t4.

NA doesn't have to be too crazy could be a 4 hour window .

Darks63

Post#4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Considering how anti power leveling the devs are this would be unlikely.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Renork

Post#5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Darks63 wrote:Considering how anti power leveling the devs are this would be unlikely.
I’m not a fan of power leveling either and this doesn’t encourage power leveling. Opposite.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 am

Darks63 wrote:Considering how anti power leveling the devs are this would be unlikely.
This would actual make pqs useful considering how long they've been being worked on (and still are)
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

sioding
Game Master

Post#7 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

I like the intention. Since poweleveling is constantly hammered - quests and public quest XP could be slightly better.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm

xtc1999 wrote:
This would actual make pqs useful considering how long they've been being worked on (and still are)

Very good point. It would actually make them worth doing, when 90% of them simply aren't outside of roleplay/durping around purposes.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:55 pm

I bet no one has ever suggested we should increase base XP for quests, or PQ's, or anything else. But wait, let me check.

Also, not something we're interested in.

Leveling, whether you choose to believe it or not, currently works quite well to lead you through the various questlines, with some slack to run scenarios and PQ's without over leveling, all the way to R40.

"But wargrumgor! people don't wanna level their 17th character agaaaaain! make it easy! free stuff! faster faster!"

No.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog