Recent Topics

Ads

dwarf gyropack

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Punish

dwarf gyropack

Post#1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 am

Hi all,

I never understood why gyropack fly so low to the ground. If they are a short version of gyrocopter ? So low that dwarfs are dismouted when you cross water as other aren't...
So, Is it possible to up gyropack at the high like coldones ? Should be more fluffy and logical, no ?

regards and thanks for the job you do about this game mates !

Ads
Egoish

Re: dwarf gyropack

Post#2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am

All mounts work the same, it's just a visual representation of a speed buff that goes away in combat and at certain points on the map (swimming depth).

What do you actually want? An advantage for dwarves crossing water because of aesthetics?

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:16 am

Egoish wrote:All mounts work the same, it's just a visual representation of a speed buff that goes away in combat and at certain points on the map (swimming depth).

What do you actually want? An advantage for dwarves crossing water because of aesthetics?
Simple: He must be tired of leaving the mount in shallow waters where other breeds are not.

Jinxypie

Post#4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:48 am

Thats the price for being overweight dwarf.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:50 am

Truth is that the dwarfs have some problems with their sanity as they think they are flying but in reality their stature does not allow for such a thing with such a flimsy device. They are in fact just running on the ground.

Game mechanics wize as already been stated it works just like a normal mount, mythic just decided on this aesthetics.

Egoish

Post#6 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:22 am

Alfinnete wrote:
Egoish wrote:All mounts work the same, it's just a visual representation of a speed buff that goes away in combat and at certain points on the map (swimming depth).

Simple: He must be tired of leaving the mount in shallow waters where other breeds are not.
Heard rumours about this on live as well but no evidence. It looks like the dwarf is being dismounted in "shallow" water but in reality there is just some code that says certain coords dismount you, it applies the same to all races and mounts.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 am

I can confirm that the code that makes the decision on dismounting due to water have nothing to do with race.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 am

I think it's client related, it would need some checking to confirm, but we probably can't do much with it.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Natherul wrote:They are in fact just running on the ground.
haha it's hilarious. i can point it out to insane dwarves who hate elves ( or just me ).
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)