Recent Topics

Ads

[RvR] Encourage Team Play and Zone Locks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SwiSh

[RvR] Encourage Team Play and Zone Locks

Post#1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:06 am

Dear developers, i know that balancing a game is really difficult, all players are asking for more rewards, more contents, more gear, more classes, more, more, more... i think that the first thing all players really look for is.... FUN!
At the moment the game gives us lot of fun, but sometimes I (and my teammates) felt frustrated by some stuff, for example too much zerg (and with zerg i dont mean too many people around but a disoranized mass of characters that moves like a wave), or no reason to fight for lock an area or an entire tier or all tiers for your faction, or the fact that when you win in an area and your opponents have "AAO" you get a roll bonus lower than the opposing side.

I remeber that in Retail, playing with a Guild, either in a small group or in a warband, was mandatory. Now i see that many people don't need it, is useless, for example, there is a player who generally lead pugs warbands in my faction, that is not part of any guild (Ocara), I never asked him, but I think it's because he does not need it. I think this may be a reason to start thinking about changing the rewards system for playing in a guild, for example a bonus % of RP for a warband or a 6 man party composed of members of the same guild otherwise a malus for the opposite situation. This will improve guild playing, that means organization, that mean better fights and more structured siege and zone control.

Another point is the one reguarding "lock and rewards". I think that actual way to assign bags is good for all, but can be improved, for example if a faction locks all t4 Empire vs Chaos or one the others two, all the players who contributed to the lock of all the zones belonging to that tier will recieve an extra bag, same for locking the entire t4, this can help you find ways to introduce new armor sets. This thing can help both faction, the weak one recieves bonus rolls when a zone locks, the winner one, if keep pushing all tiers and all zones, in the end will recieve a great reward (waiting for Altdorf and Inevitable City :D).

That's all for now, I think I wrote enough. I hope that someone will read what I wrote with the same seriousness and dedication that has served to me to make these proposals.

My best regards,
SwiSh
IGN: Slanah

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [RvR] Encourage Team Play and Zone Locks

Post#2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:38 am

Don't use the Balance forum to post things like this. I've moved it to Suggestions where it's more appropriate. You may want to review several of the recent posts in the News section where we've laid out many of our plans viewforum.php?f=2

RvR is not finished, and changes will continue in the near future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 am

Hoy !!

Well it is a bit early for me but i must underline that the ORvR system -as said- isn't yet finished, and half of the new content isn't still released (rank/BO siege modifier, keep claiming, guild involvment, war treasures, ordnances...). We will try to finish it for april if things goes fine.

About roll and contribution, there are 2 separate things. The roll system has been reworked cause it was "simple" to find a better and a fairest way to deal with it. I don't say it is perfect, and note it is almost recent and haven't been reworked since it has been deployed some month ago.

Contribution is something else we will have to focus on. This part is much more tricky, and i'm not sure we actually have all needed tools to make it better. But we know how we would like to make it more "precise" (like give point for specific actions like takea BO back, rez, guards, keep def and take, real and kills...).

About new RvR gear, it will comme with new content, like fortresses (this year we hope) and capitals (2019?).

Dunno if i reassured you on it, but keep in mind we have to create "game rules" condition who works before focusing on "game rewards". Cause reward can't be the only reason you play. :)

SwiSh

Post#4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

Yaliskah wrote:Well it is a bit early for me but i must underline that the ORvR system -as said- isn't yet finished, and half of the new content isn't still released (rank/BO siege modifier, keep claiming, guild involvment, war treasures, ordnances...). We will try to finish it for april if things goes fine.
Nice to know! (I hope not for the 1st of April, it can look like an april fish :D )
Yaliskah wrote:About roll and contribution, there are 2 separate things. The roll system has been reworked cause it was "simple" to find a better and a fairest way to deal with it. I don't say it is perfect, and note it is almost recent and haven't been reworked since it has been deployed some month ago.

Contribution is something else we will have to focus on. This part is much more tricky, and i'm not sure we actually have all needed tools to make it better. But we know how we would like to make it more "precise" (like give point for specific actions like takea BO back, rez, guards, keep def and take, real and kills...).
I think the roll sistem is ok, it works! On the other hand, contribution has fundamental problems, for example: i log in with my Magus, i join a WB, i help my WB killing someone, around 4/5 PK, in 5 minutes i did enough contribution for a roll, i log out and i change character, i log in with my BO, copy, paste, repeat, i login with my Marauder, copy, paste, repeat. Then i log the character i want to play with. In the end i rolled 3/4 bags, with this roll system if the zone locks with AAO i can recieve good stuff with all my characters, if it locks normally i recieve a bag, if is not gold i added some hidden bonus for next gold bag roll, same for purple and for blue. All spending 15 min of my time.
Yaliskah wrote:About new RvR gear, it will comme with new content, like fortresses (this year we hope) and capitals (2019?).
Ok fine, the RvR gear was just an example. I think it's better not to talk about dates, even if approximate, you could create expectations :D :lol: :P

I think, however, that the most salient point of what I wrote was that of the "teamplay", that is the most important thing (in my opinion) this game, and by extension this server, needs.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 am

GL with that, most people get offended at the mere suggestion of teamplay.

Fallenkezef

Post#6 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:GL with that, most people get offended at the mere suggestion of teamplay.
That is untrue and you know it.

The nature of a game like this is you get far more casuals than hardcore. Casuals don't have a problem with teamplay, they have problem with ENFORCED teamplay.

Always the hardcores, who have a great deal of free time to invest, get offended that casual players exist, you see it in every MMO.

The system should reward organised players, guilds and such but should not and should never penalise casual and solo players.
Alea iacta est

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:42 pm

the only thing i humbly propose here: christ sake redesign t1 open RVR is just 30 min afk farming renown under a flag -_-" i know is kinda hard because of pop issues and stuff like that but please toss a eye on taht matter . and reintroduce NPC in open rvr areas please before it was entertaining now is a shameless desert :(

Akalukz

Post#8 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:GL with that, most people get offended at the mere suggestion of teamplay.

The nature of a game like this is you get far more casuals than hardcore. Casuals don't have a problem with teamplay, they have problem with ENFORCED teamplay.

Always the hardcores, who have a great deal of free time to invest, get offended that casual players exist, you see it in every MMO.

The system should reward organised players, guilds and such but should not and should never penalise casual and solo players.
Pretty much this, without the zerg to fight, exactly who would you all be killing. Because we all know that the vast majority of deaths are by those out of group / zerging.
-= Agony =-

Ads
SwiSh

Post#9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:

Solo players (actually few classes can do it well) are rewarded by not sharing drops and RP, sometimes you can get around 5k RP by killing a player alone.

Lets talk about "casual players", I could call myself a casual player, for sure not an hardcore one, and I have always played with casual players in WAR, but casual players can play in a well organized guild/group without playing hardcore. It means all joining TS/Discord or similar stuff, doing some inteligent roaming or sieges, coordinating with alliance or faction for holding points or similar stuff, doing a right group (2tanks guarding 2 dps and 2healers), calling targets, doing assist, etc.
Is easy, and a casual player can do it, on the other hand, an hardcore team can easly face larger groups of players by a more strategic and skilled playstile.

SwiSh

Post#10 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Akalukz wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:

Pretty much this, without the zerg to fight, exactly who would you all be killing. Because we all know that the vast majority of deaths are by those out of group / zerging.
Zones can have the same number of players, actually 80% or more is zerg, if the game will push players to play in organized teams you will face a warband with your own, one will win, it means 24 kills for a faction, the same ammount if you face pugs