Recent Topics

Ads

Xfaction timer ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mackcop

Re: Xfaction timer ?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 pm

I think potentially this could be worked in nicely, the devs know what they are doing and think beneficially for all of us. You have to remember t1 does not represent the whole ORVR scene. However people do enjoying playing the underdog and running on the side with less people. It’s a bit of a dilemma lol!
Invictas - the friendliest of black orcs
some quotes:
"you're always stuck on something"
"learn to punt, scrub"
"invictas: loggs in , beats fusion, takes 8 weeks break :) "
"i hate you"

ICONIC
MYRMIDONS

Ads
Syrtan

Post#12 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 am

I think, for all tier, place 2 hours cooldown to change faction, on MAC ADDRESS.
If your faction win, you win,
If your faction sucks, you sucks.
atm , every players is like a politician: can change faction when change wind :D

wiscel

Post#13 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am

Sadly mac address can be changed too.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

RuffRyder

Post#14 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am

Syrtan wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 am I think, for all tier, place 2 hours cooldown to change faction, on MAC ADDRESS.[...]

I'm really curious which device's MAC address you mean and where you (or the devs) get it from. ;)

EDIT: And yes, one can change it at least on their client easily.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#15 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 am

We are not going to go into technical details on how to implement this lockout but we have plans in mind.

Also note that most things can be obfuscated / spoofed but its a matter of effort vs gain. Also why we dont want to go into how we will do it technically

RuffRyder

Post#16 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 am

I agree that it could be better to lock a player to one faction for a designated timespan, but it's rather hard to know how far this can go.

Right now before logging in you can check server population and faction ratio and decide where to go (if your decision depends on this ofc, I rather decide to play one char and don't care about ratio etc.) but the situation in game may be different.

There should be something like a grace period and lockouts should be based on activity in RvR imo, today we already have the loss of contribution, which has been a good first step.

Maybe technically a lockout will be able to fade with zone lock and only for people that were active in that zone.

I'm sure you devs will find a way though.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Mystriss

Post#17 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 pm

^ Agreed I believe.

Testing such thing is a good idea as I (too) see great potential for this to be a double edged sword. Some folks do switch to the losing side to try to balance things out after all. I think that practice is healthy for the game.

Perhaps there's some magic to cross-reference if they're switching to the side that needs help?

Darks63

Post#18 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 pm

It would be nice if this would be implemented but lets be honest this wont fix the pop issues. The fair weather types will just log out for the day and the truly determined crossrealmers will just get a second account.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Darks63 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 pm It would be nice if this would be implemented but lets be honest this wont fix the pop issues. The fair weather types will just log out for the day and the truly determined crossrealmers will just get a second account.
2nd account? That's genius, too bad we never thought of that...

RuffRyder

Post#20 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Sometimes it's hard to laugh after your statements Hargrim when looking at the serious dwarf in your signature. :roll: :D

There is always a technical way to indentify a unique client logging in, independent from account, IP address or whatever, so the technical possibility is one part, but the more difficult is to decide who is locked and when. Enough assumptions for now, let's just wait for what will come and test it out.