Recent Topics

Ads

Ram Positioning

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

Ram Positioning

Post#1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm

The operation of the ram is good. The problem is in the positioning, the repositioning system. When there is a defense in the Keep it is almost impossible to position the ram in front of the door, it has a bad behavior as soon as we descend from the mount, it is on the side, from the back, far and even inside the door to the point that a piece is on the side from inside getting hurt ... And as any damage she dismounts causes her to stop, she turns into an AOE party on the floor creating a huge hassle. We know that defense takes a huge advantage when it is not in a very big AAO and that would be enough for a defense.

I think the ram should at least automatically position itself when left next to the door without the player having to maneuver so many times until he leaves it.

My english is rusted. :)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Ram Positioning

Post#2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

I agree.

dansari

Post#3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Hargrim wrote:I agree.
r/threadkillers
<Salt Factory>

Tesq

Post#4 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Ye the range should be the increased

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Tesq wrote:Ye the range should be the increased
Glad you approve.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Slow day at work, Hargrim?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Tesq wrote:Ye the range should be the increased
Glad you approve.
Why....

Btw not by few the follow on mount have a sense only when and if enemy try to interceptram and usually happen only in kv....

Zombieorc

Post#8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 am

The RAMS have been out of position ever since they moved back to LA.

Ads
lokenoth

Post#9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 am

I mentioned something similar to this a couple of weeks ago. The issue with the ram placement is the Follow distance from the player. Unless your going in full tilt quite often the ram will fall short of the door and will require you to move back, and re-engage with a run up.

I'd advocate again decreasing the distance the ram follows the player, rather than increase the ram snap too range. As if you increased the ram snap-too-target, it would be far too forgiving for human error, and too harsh for defenders who focus ram carriers. Where as shortening the follow distance would mean players that know what they are doing, aren't punished for playing correctly.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 am

There is no special or deep tactic in attacking ram carrier who try to deploy the ram. If ram is already at keep there shouldn't be any issues with deploying it.