Recent Topics

Ads

Rested EXP Bonus

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Fallenkezef

Re: Rested EXP Bonus

Post#21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:39 pm

I play two-three hours 5 days a week. Probably about 4-6 on my days off.

Took a month to level my Slayer and I was deliberately slowing down to farm renown and bags.

WH has been going for just over a week and is r20/rr30. Been leveling only in rvr and will do do till rr40, again for bags.

At rr40 it should only take a week of pve to get to 32 then I'll level only in rvr and SC's.

Should walk into 40/40 the same way as my Slayer. Full anni/merc and rr39 hitty sticks.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Renork

Post#22 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:I play two-three hours 5 days a week. Probably about 4-6 on my days off.

Took a month to level my Slayer and I was deliberately slowing down to farm renown and bags.

WH has been going for just over a week and is r20/rr30. Been leveling only in rvr and will do do till rr40, again for bags.

At rr40 it should only take a week of pve to get to 32 then I'll level only in rvr and SC's.

Should walk into 40/40 the same way as my Slayer. Full anni/merc and rr39 hitty sticks.
That’s a lot of playtime, but hey if it works for you that’s great.

Fallenkezef

Post#23 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Renork wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:I play two-three hours 5 days a week. Probably about 4-6 on my days off.

That’s a lot of playtime, but hey if it works for you that’s great.
Coukd easily make 40 in a just over a week if I went pve grind but then I'd hit 40 with bo rr or medals/emblems
Alea iacta est

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Manatikik wrote:Harg, please stop revealing secret plans to the public. Thanks.
But... But I was just genuinely curious...

blackwatch1508

Post#25 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 pm

dansari wrote:To be fair a rested xp rework isn't needed, but I think doubling the xp/rr you get from rvr and scenarios is. Keep the double XP through to 40. Keep the double renown through to rr40. That alleviates the grindy feeling of leveling through rvr that an alarming number of new players are reporting, but doesn't interfere with the method of leveling through pqs as it will still be faster. Plus it gets you to a point where you can wear competitive gear while still getting a feel for your class.

During the double XP/rr time I almost exclusively played my lowbies, and the time I felt in game leveling up was a lot more "worth it" -- feeling of accomplishment, time investment vs xp and rr returns all felt "right." I know the last thing I want to have happen is to frustrate new players into grindy submission.
Don't know if your aware, but untill you hit 40RR you do get a bonus to renown gained. I think its 2xs or more. I honestly have no idea. I just know after 40RR it starts to get real slow haha.

I think doubling the rested exp cap would be nice, and/or making it so rested exp effects quest exp gain. It feels kinda pointless doing quests when they give as much as killing a mob or two with rested exp

Darks63

Post#26 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm

dansari wrote:To be fair a rested xp rework isn't needed, but I think doubling the xp/rr you get from rvr and scenarios is. Keep the double XP through to 40. Keep the double renown through to rr40. That alleviates the grindy feeling of leveling through rvr that an alarming number of new players are reporting, but doesn't interfere with the method of leveling through pqs as it will still be faster. Plus it gets you to a point where you can wear competitive gear while still getting a feel for your class.

During the double XP/rr time I almost exclusively played my lowbies, and the time I felt in game leveling up was a lot more "worth it" -- feeling of accomplishment, time investment vs xp and rr returns all felt "right." I know the last thing I want to have happen is to frustrate new players into grindy submission.
This would be Best solution during the News years event bonus it felt like i was making really good progress on my Engi doing pure RVR and i hated when it ended.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Nealio

Post#27 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

covenn wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Problem is that's 4 hours of actually playing, and not 2 hours of complaining in /ad about how slow leveling is.
Why respond that way? I mean I get that it is your game and you can do whatever you want with it, but is there any reason to not be civil with people having a reasonable conversation and discussion?
My thoughts exactly...

Garrus

Post#28 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm

I don't see the reason to get angry (or at least sound so), it's undeniable that xp grind is the worst part of this game (and scs when one side swarms the other). It kind of poses a massive problem for new players that wish to play too.

But oh well, I won't dwell further for sure. I don't want risking getting on anyone's bad side.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

I get why the changes are made, but the game does begin in T4. If we had the luxury of having several thousands of players, the changes wouldn't be that bad. We don't. We have 1000-ish (lower/higher at certain times), and most people don't want to feel forced to grind low-level PQs or quests (majority of which are boring, let's be honest).

Several guildies of mine have just come back, only to be dissuaded from trying after having seen the nerfs to xp leveling. I personally don't know how bad it is, and maybe it isn't as bad as people say, but thought I'd just relay their findings. Having said that, I do understand that the team want to make all of the tiers attractive, so it's a difficult task to appease everyone.

Coma

Post#30 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I get why the changes are made, but the game does begin in T4. If we had the luxury of having several thousands of players, the changes wouldn't be that bad. We don't. We have 1000-ish (lower/higher at certain times), and most people don't want to feel forced to grind low-level PQs or quests (majority of which are boring, let's be honest).

Several guildies of mine have just come back, only to be dissuaded from trying after having seen the nerfs to xp leveling. I personally don't know how bad it is, and maybe it isn't as bad as people say, but thought I'd just relay their findings. Having said that, I do understand that the team want to make all of the tiers attractive, so it's a difficult task to appease everyone.
If you WANT to grind... it is not really long... but sure enough is as boring as hell... (with the cahmpion xp nerf a couple month back the best thing now is just to kill LOOOOOOT of normal mob... you don't even want to do PQ since it will result in downtime while waiting for the PQ reset and the later stage that spawn champion are no more as remunerative as they were before... so it is better to simply grind mob outside of pq...) so right now is a matter of choice between;

getting bored for one week (less if you brain can keep up with the monotonous work) and get fast to r40 where you can play a full character (for healer and tank they can use Ruin+epic weapon to cover their lack of RR and jump stright into RvR/SC without being a dead weight)...
Play an "half character" (let's be honest there are many character that start to really shine past lvl 30... and most build actualy need to be lvl 40 to work due to tactic/mastery combination) in the "fun" t2-4 rvr (the fun is questionable... sometimes it really get fun... sometimes it is like trowing eggs against a stone wall... but well still more fun than the mindless mob grind ^^') for one month or more...

this is the current state of XP in RoR...

PS: an important thing that I think should be noted... You don't make things "interesting" by forcing people to do them... but rather drive people do something by making it "interesting" ... in term of MMO something is interesting based on 2 conept, "Fun" and "Rewarding"... the fun side I've alredy explained it above, the rewarding side... do someone seriously think that the XP awarded in RvR is rewarding?