Recent Topics

Ads

Increase Winner AND Loser Emblems from Isha/EC SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Increase Winner AND Loser Emblems from Isha/EC SC

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Decided to post here, given that it isn't a suggestion pertaining to actual gameplay/balance. Please feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.

Would appreciate feedback from premade players, and any other players who are genuinely interested in group vs group play - yet don't feel the urge or a reason to bother at the moment.

Would similarly appreciate it if people that don't have any intention of partaking in group v group play keep their comments constructive, instead of trying to cause a war of words.

SUGGESTION

A win in Isha/EC Scenario will now give the winners 15 EMBLEMS
A loss in Isha/EC Scenario will now give the loser 5 EMBLEMS

* Doesn't effect most people: most don't queue Isha/EC, ergo most shouldn't have a problem with it provided it doesn't have an adverse effect on their gameplay; you don't have to queue Isha or EC.
* As it stands now, Isha/EC are the least played SC and you are lucky to get one pop an hour. The effort required to fight another premade, usually for a full 12minutes (on average), is often not seen as 'worth the hassle', hence why it is, for the most part, a ghost town.
* 5 emblems for a loss would serve to alleviate the concerns many feel when they get hammered by another group, which oft dissuades groups from trying again. 'What's the point? We need emblems, we ain't getting any for doing this, let's just farm pugs'.
* I believe that queuing for Isha/EC, knowing that you're guaranteed 5 emblems, would encourage you to try and win the 15. And heck, even if you lose - you still walk away with 5 emblems - as opposed to a bruised ass and/or ego! If you know that you are getting something out of a group v group fight (apart from knowledge and improvement, of course), then you will take the losses in your stride, keep improving & will stay determined to win.

BENEFITS FOR PUGS

* LESS PUG FARMING. If premades are actually encouraged to fight other premades, instead of either shying away (see above) or farming pugs (quicker emblem gain for minimal effort p/hour), then you will find LESS premades going out of their way to farm pugs in the normal scenarios (who wants to do Logrin's Forge and Gromril when you can potentially get 15 emblems per 10 minutes or less in Isha/EC?)
* Pugs may actually be ENCOURAGED TO GROUP UP! As it stands now, you can NET THE SAME AMOUNT OF EMBLEMS PER HOUR IN THE PUG SC as you can in the PREMADE SC! Which begs the question: why would I go through all the hassle of forming a group if the rewards are, essentially, the same? (Note: this is dependent on who has the better pugs that day, but the same is also true of the premades)

OVERALL BENEFITS

* Two severely underused scenarios start to see the light of day more often.
* (Hopefully) with more people encouraged to group up in an effort to minimalise the Dominator grind (because let's be honest - it IS a grind), more people learn group synergy, 6v6 is often a reality check in the sense that people's mistakes are more immediately obvious, so learning from mistakes occurs.
* Group play sees a resurgence, and general caliber of PvP increases. This is never a bad thing in a PvP game.

"But don't premades get enough as it is?!"

* Contrary to popular opinion...no, not really. A solo player can net exactly the same amount emblems per hour as a premade can - if not more, given the rate at which pug sc pops. Now, I know many people do not see an issue with this, but I feel that this shouldn't be the case. We should be promoting group play as it can only have a positive effect on every other aspect of the game (Warbands, Dungeons, etc)
* It isn't a case of GIVE THE PREMADES MORE! Most of the hardcore premades ALREADY HAVE THEIR BIS. It's a case of trying to appease both sides: giving groups incentives to look for challenging fights, instead of warcamp farming (which, let's be honest, is a good 80%+ of scenarios), and giving pugs less premades to come up against so they can potentially enjoy their games more, and not necessarily be tied down to one scenario.
* A simple increase in emblems is an easy thing to do, and I did not want to take any resources away from the team, or create extra work via aesthetic rewards etc. when there is a lot on their plate, so I thought this would be the easiest thing to implement.

"But dude, shouldn't the focus be on RvR?"

Yes, it should, yet it is important to recognise that within our community, we have a lot of subcommunities: roleplayers, solo players, warband lovers, mailbox afkers, RvR groups and SC groups. As long as changing one doesn't have a negative impact on RvR, or take away from it, then I do not see an issue with promoting more forms of play. We have had the devs endorse roleplay events, which is awesome, so in a similar vein it would be nice to see the same for scenarios.

Scenarios are NOT the focus of the game, but they are an integral part of the game, and many people DO PREFER scenarios over RvR. Instanced PvP attracts a LOT of people to RoR.

"But what if people win trade?"

In my opinion, this is the only genuine issue that would pose a problem. I spoke to some friends, and we believed that wiping the emblems/medallions of any perpetrators would be the way to go. I would hate to see this used as a reason to dismiss the suggestion, as the people who would potentially do this would be incredibly few and far between.

Closing words...

Many probably grow weary of my incessant ramblings on about this topic. I understand. However, if you share a passion for group play, exploring the potential of the game which is vast and seemingly unending (even now there are things we are discovering, crazy group synergies that we dismissed at first but actually work well, etc.), you too would be disheartened to see how few competitive fights/non-pug farming scenarios actually exist, when compared to even a few years ago. Even if nothing actually changed after implementing suggestions, at least we can say we tried; but I feel that it would be a damn shame to just let the general calibre of scenario gameplay deteriorate into nothing, which it slowly is, due to very little reason to go to the trouble of making a group when you can get the SAME REWARDS, at either the SAME OR A FASTER RATE by PLAYING ON YOUR OWN in a GROUP GAME!

TLDR: the proposed changes will only affect 2 scenarios, and will have no effect on RvR whatsoever: people who want to do RvR already do it, and RvR has a plethora of rewards to be gained from it, and people who do SC already do it - but it doesn't help to give 2 scenarios (!) an extra carrot in a means of getting more people grouping up, and less pug farming groups.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ads
Arconnn

Re: Increase Winner AND Loser Emblems from Isha/EC SC

Post#2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:24 pm

+1
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

warhammer1995

Post#3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm

+1
RP - Pavoss :idea:

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#4 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:26 pm

I Agree. Alpha stage, why more time to equip and fight?

CytheX

Post#5 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 pm

+1

sekundus

Post#6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:32 pm

+1

Shalktonin

Post#7 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Not usually one to catering to specific sub group playstyles i think this proposal has some merits, WHile there are risks associated with any changes this suggestion seems to approach the problem with a moderately balanced solution.

Now i feel dirty for agreeing with anything peter put up....I must shower.

Edit: removed trigger word elitist and made my meaning clearer
Last edited by Shalktonin on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Danord
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 pm

+1 For sure ;)

Ads
Pill

Post#9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

+1
Iron Rock: <Havok> Garvinhog - BO ll Febreze - Sorc
RoR: <DROW> Pillaging - BG ll Purpl - Sorc ll Fengar - SW ll Elfn - SM

Mcgotrek

Post#10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm

I see no so called "elitist" in this proposal what so ever. Good proposal and I hope it might make Order players want to team up.

+1
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.