Recent Topics

Ads

A Dual wield for Chosen

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Anomanderake

Re: A Dual wield for Chosen

Post#21 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 pm

It’s huge dual wield
Provide also defensive stats
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#22 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Adding a weapon style to a class is much harder than what some think.

Many animations are only supported for either 2h or SnB, and i doubt RoR's team has the time or the resources to create new animations for all the unsupported abilities.

Beside that, there's also the issue with balance.

Also complaints like "why did you add dualwield to X but not to Y yet". i can see that happening already
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Tesq

Post#23 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Nefarian78 wrote:Adding a weapon style to a class is much harder than what some think.

Many animations are only supported for either 2h or SnB, and i doubt RoR's team has the time or the resources to create new animations for all the unsupported abilities.

Also complaints like "why did you add dualwield to X but not to Y yet". i can see that happening already
No chosen could aredy dual weild and have 99% all animatiom it just get to balance reason, no one would ever use 2h then, just dual weild.

Darks63

Post#24 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:55 pm

The devs will get right on that right after male WE, Orc SH, and Female Chosens/Maras :).
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Nefarian78

Post#25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 am

Tesq wrote:
Nefarian78 wrote:Adding a weapon style to a class is much harder than what some think.

No chosen could aredy dual weild and have 99% all animatiom it just get to balance reason, no one would ever use 2h then, just dual weild.
I don't remember ever seeing a Chosen dualwielding ever. Iirc there was a BO shield that had the appearance of a choppa, but it was a shield for all purposes. Maybe CHs had a similiar item aswell.

If that is the case, there are no animations for DW CHs, since it was just a shield looking like a weapon. If Chosen already has, like you say, 99% of the animations for DW done, why didn't we see them in AOR? even if those animations were unfinished/unrefined i doubt that would have stopped Mythic from releasing them, considering the ridicolous amount of bugs/unfinished content the game already had when it released. The same can be said about balance.

In all my time playing warhammer online (both AoR and RoR), 2h were always considered garbage compared to DW, if you had to option to go for it. You only 2h to look kewl or because you were forced to.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Garrus

Post#26 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 am

Nefarian78 wrote:
Tesq wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing a Chosen dualwielding ever. Iirc there was a BO shield that had the appearance of a choppa, but it was a shield for all purposes. Maybe CHs had a similiar item aswell.

If that is the case, there are no animations for DW CHs, since it was just a shield looking like a weapon. If Chosen already has, like you say, 99% of the animations for DW done, why didn't we see them in AOR? even if those animations were unfinished/unrefined i doubt that would have stopped Mythic from releasing them, considering the ridicolous amount of bugs/unfinished content the game already had when it released. The same can be said about balance.

In all my time playing warhammer online (both AoR and RoR), 2h were always considered garbage compared to DW, if you had to option to go for it. You only 2h to look kewl or because you were forced to.
Can't they actually use DW animations from Mara? I'm sure there are animations with no mutated arms or some **** like that. Especially considering how they erm...bodies seem almost similar...or so it looks to me...

Tesq

Post#27 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 am

there is no need...if i not mistake (can be eh) chosen animation were also done for dual weild so any skill should have a dual weild animation.

alusnova

Post#28 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 am

Maura, choppa, WE, DoK... there is your dw on Destro.

Ads
Garrus

Post#29 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Tesq wrote:there is no need...if i not mistake (can be eh) chosen animation were also done for dual weild so any skill should have a dual weild animation.
Oh yeah, in beta he had dual wield. So I guess animations should still be there...

Luuca

Post#30 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Chosen already Dual Wields to some extent.

Oppression is a shield slam that inflicts damage and buffs the Chosen. Shield as a weapon = dual wield.

/endthread.