Recent Topics

Ads

A Dual wield for Chosen

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Garrus

A Dual wield for Chosen

Post#1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 am

Yes, I know, the hate for talking about either DPS or Hybrid builds on a Chosen, but seriously, I am surprised the live game never had dual wield on chosen, even though the actual WHB models can have them, and that offhand in red on axes is just a big ass tease. Do you devs or....whoever decides such stuff, plan or would add such option to the server? I do remember some ahem...unconventional combo being teased (WP with a shield ;D) but would Chosen have any chance for that DW? Hell, I know he is a tank, and I know the hate you get for not running a tank, but considering how most ppl that are haters don't actually cooperate themselves, and or can't understand the words "ATTACK HEALER", I think a Hybrid DPS/Tank build would be useful in those situations where a tank is garbage. Just imagine the face when a WH tries to gank you from a forest, when you whoop out those 2 huge axes and go solo against him ;D. Plate and DW = LEGEN...wait for it...DARY!

I'm not sure if you need a patcher for this or not, but if you do then it's fine, waiting is not an issue. Just curious if you guys would add such crazy ideato the game.

P.S: To those who are not devs and usually hate...before you hate, YES I do run Snb, and yes I guard. Only time I swap weps is when there's no healer so all in is best choice ;D

Edit: My general idea behind it is to make Chosen more fun as a class (2h boring asf), while also making him more viable in PvE and less dependant on heals because of tanking, and also make him able to counter attack order DPS when attacked solo, like by a single WH, at the very least

Ads
Arteker616

Re: A Dual wield for Chosen

Post#2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 am

there wasa time in beta than chosen could dualwield but that was before they scrapped the idea of each three being dedicated to a god.

u can see a dual wield chosen model still in uc by slaneesh disttrict .

Garrus

Post#3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 am

Arteker616 wrote:there wasa time in beta than chosen could dualwield but that was before they scrapped the idea of each three being dedicated to a god.

u can see a dual wield chosen model still in uc by slaneesh disttrict .
Whoever scrapped that idea in Mythic should get axed by Khorne XD

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 am

Garrus wrote: Whoever scrapped that idea in Mythic should get axed by Khorne XD
Wouldnt fit with lore. Tchar'zanek isnt a powerful enough warlord to lead Chaos Undivided and Tzeentch is the best Chaos fit for having healers, casters and melee careers.

Arteker616

Post#5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 am

Telen wrote:
Garrus wrote: Whoever scrapped that idea in Mythic should get axed by Khorne XD
Wouldnt fit with lore. Tchar'zanek isnt a powerful enough warlord to lead Chaos Undivided and Tzeentch is the best Chaos fit for having healers, casters and melee careers.
rolf u dont know lore very well, there is plenty of chosen warlords dedicated to a single god wich coerce other gods champions into his service .

to name one easy u got Arek Daemonclaw wich was a tzeentch warlord and had at his service other gods champions(wich always plotted agaisnt him).

Even khorne has healers, Egil styrbjorn ( technically the first ever chaos character before the age of crap fiasco to end winning on his story) had shamans wich worshipped khorne wich did heal others so they bring moar skulls to daddy khorne.(egil was infamous because he would regenrate wounds and was gifted with massive endurance wich actualy allowed him to beat one of the most powerfull grail knigths ever lived Reolus, at the cost to lost half his face and lost a arm chopped down by the Bret).

Tesq

Post#6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 am

most of warlords where tzeench one, even archaon was no other than a tzeench warlord,

do he splash plague , no
do he got berserk , no
do he go insane over pelasure, no
do plan, yes
do get **** done by use whatever mean necessary, yes

-do khorne really cares for him, nope just wanted blood (khorne only cares for his loved lady of slaughter since he ress her more than once).
-do nurgle? nope was too focus on new dises costruction and torture draigo from 40k for some reason....
-do slaanehs cared? he only want eat elfs and done it pretty much so nope
-do tzeentch care for it?

-he try to remove ghalz marat from archaon way
-he hide arhcaon from be'lakopr to prevent be lakor replace him to be the one from the prophecy (screw you be lakor)
-he give the eye of sheeridian to archaon basically (screw you be'lakor)
-and plan other stuff

archaon itself is more a lord of chaos of tzeench rather than undivided.

Smellybelly

Post#7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 am

Its a cool fandom idea, but to be fair if the goal is a more dps oriented role, would it not be more prudent to focus on balancing the skills?

Garrus

Post#8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

Smellybelly wrote:Its a cool fandom idea, but to be fair if the goal is a more dps oriented role, would it not be more prudent to focus on balancing the skills?
Chosen skills or overall?
If chosen, the DW skills would just be 2h since same path...

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 am

Balance by lore? Let's play!

Empire 8th edition army book, page 89: Warrior Priests should be able to dual wield.

Dwarf 8th ediction army book, page 90: Runesmiths and Engineers have gromril armour.

So sure, you can have dual wield Chosen. I'll roll an Engineer in heavy armour, full tinker spec and with the armour tactic.
Alea iacta est

xarfay

Post#10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am

chosen dual wield would be fun :D +1