Recent Topics

Ads

Stealth while dotted and in combat

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luuca

Stealth while dotted and in combat

Post#1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am

It is complete and utter crap that WH and WE can go stealth seemingly at will. I cannot express strongly enough that this ability is completely broken, overpowered, and unfair.

I know the developers here feel it's necessary for the class, but it is complete and utter rubbish.

Ads
Bamboozeled

Re: Stealth while dotted and in combat

Post#2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:08 am

What are YOU talking about? Going stealth while dotted raises the cast time pretty much not allowing us to stealth at all and while I'm dotted it breaks my stealth a good 80% of the time which is utter BS. I can't tell you how many times I go to stealth and am instantly hit with a battle brew backpack.

Renork

Post#3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:17 am

Bamboozeled wrote:What are YOU talking about? Going stealth while dotted raises the cast time pretty much not allowing us to stealth at all and while I'm dotted it breaks my stealth a good 80% of the time which is utter BS. I can't tell you how many times I go to stealth and am instantly hit with a battle brew backpack.
Almost 100% sure he's trolling, lel.

dansari

Post#4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:25 am

I have NEVER been able to keep a WE from stealthing these past few weeks. I'm not sure what changed but it's incredibly hard. Dots, direct damage, nothing seems to work.

I had one stagger and get away, after being dotted 3-4 times by 2 ranged dps, and then after I tracked her down she was able to get away AGAIN. It's unbelievable
<Salt Factory>

ToXoS

Post#5 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 am

dansari wrote:I have NEVER been able to keep a WE from stealthing these past few weeks. I'm not sure what changed but it's incredibly hard. Dots, direct damage, nothing seems to work.

I had one stagger and get away, after being dotted 3-4 times by 2 ranged dps, and then after I tracked her down she was able to get away AGAIN. It's unbelievable
Idk about WE, but on WH side I can assure you that DoTs still break stealth. I remember yesterday I got one magus dot (withered soul) and got my stealth broken a few seconds after.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:52 am

I think every damage tick have chance to break it.
Id say its something like 25% chance.
If your castbar get setback to less then 1 it seems to cancel tte cast.
This is my experince atleast. But don't quote me on it.

Darosh
Banned

Post#7 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am

roadkillrobin wrote:I think every damage tick have chance to break it.
Id say its something like 25% chance.
If your castbar get setback to less then 1 it seems to cancel tte cast.
This is my experince atleast. But don't quote me on it.
Iirc, Torque or Natherul stated somewhere that the chance was smth like ~12%.
Gonna try to find the post.

Draugris

Post#8 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:57 am

Luuca wrote:It is complete and utter crap that WH and WE can go stealth seemingly at will. I cannot express strongly enough that this ability is completely broken, overpowered, and unfair.

I know the developers here feel it's necessary for the class, but it is complete and utter rubbish.
Yep i also liked it more how it was on live.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:01 am

Havent played my WE in a month because how awful it was trying to stealth, is it fixed now or not?

Miszczu5647

Post#10 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 am

Aurandilaz wrote:Havent played my WE in a month because how awful it was trying to stealth, is it fixed now or not?
Everything I will say is only from player POV, as I know nothing about implementation.
Using stealth under dmg is possible. From my thousands attempts success ratio is ~50%.
When in stealth and dotted every tick have chance to break your stealth. Chance is 12% per tick.
And as a player this is sufficient knowledge.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen