Recent Topics

Ads

BW - Small Tweaks!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Reesh

BW - Small Tweaks!

Post#1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am

So, I was thinking about opening more build diversity, by tweaking two dead speccable tactics of the BW!

1. Smoldering Embers - When Ignite, Boiling Blood, and Slow Boil end or are removed, there is a 25% chance that they will re-kindle, reapplying themselves to the target once again. Be cautious, though, for you will build Combustion and have a chance to cause an Explosion each time that they are reapplied!

12 points up in a tree, basic cookie cutter build doesn't go that high into immo tree.
I'd swap 25% with 67% and try it out, if it shall be worth picking and having fun with it.

2. Draining Burn - Burning Iron will now deal X DAMAGE, and you will regain 50 ACTION POINTS when it hits.

Another one not worth picking (8 pointer) - dmg increase with that tactic of burning iron is not significant enough to justify speccing it at all, whilst skill still has 20s cd.
I'd swap the regain action points thingy with "now the cd of burning iron is 10s".

Two simple tweaks that might make class a bit more fun and not OP at the same time!

As always, those who are feeling salty from the other realm about proposing tweaks to a class, create your own fun thread to theorycraft things! ^^

Ads
Valfaros

Re: BW - Small Tweaks!

Post#2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:19 am

I guess this is stuff for the balance forum but I find it a good approach to buff skills that currently arrend used in the "meta" builds. Every class has lot and lots of skills/tactics that are just not in the slightest worth picking.

Reesh

Post#3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Valfaros wrote:I guess this is stuff for the balance forum but I find it a good approach to buff skills that currently arrend used in the "meta" builds. Every class has lot and lots of skills/tactics that are just not in the slightest worth picking.
Unfortunately we don't have a dedicated balance mod right now, so I thought that placing it here would be best atm.

If not, then it can be moved to balance section.

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 pm

I have always hated situations where one spec evolves as the "best". I'll welcome any changes that encourage variety in builds.
Alea iacta est

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

You can still post appropriately formatted proposals in the balance forum. It's not closed, just not active at the moment. We've got other things to busy ourselves with.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog