Recent Topics

Ads

The fix to melee healers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
roadkillrobin

Re: The fix to melee healers

Post#31 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:08 am

Melee HEALING is supose to be a suplement to healing. Situational melee healing that is. Its also supose to be a suplement to damage dealing to increase your and your groups survivabillity. Both these things works as intended. By increasing viabillity if the pure hybrid you also massivly increase both the other playstyles so you would need to massivly nerf the two other playstyle to make it viable.

DoK/WP main weakness is CC. Its how it's meant to be coz they have strong mitigration and survivabillity. They just can't have it all. They are also able to clear a bunch of snares with their cleanses.

Ads
Nirawen

Post#32 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:53 am

Not serious, do not tell me that you're looking to up the Dok ... already a class that does too much damage for being a basic heal...

When I see poor WP ... if a few months ago with the changes it was a bit more balanced but the lol

roadkillrobin

Post#33 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 am

I have higher dps output on my WP with the same gear then I do with my DoK. The underlying performance difference is not in the dps but rather support and utillity.

Arena

Post#34 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 am

Or just bring Resolute Defence back.
But we all know why is it gone and that it isn't going to return.
[crying sounds]

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 am

rd simply served as a bandaid fix not tackling melee healer inherent issues. some form of reliable and semi-regular anti snare/cc utility would allow melee healers to stay in the thick of battle more often and put out their heals (which are still lacklustre when compared against 'real healers')

if one is going to cite situational abilities dependent on extenuating circumstances as a valid means of rectifying said issues (focused mind - a morale ability), then I would refer you to recent Unshakeable Focus changes.

note: this should only be available to melee healer trees, as I feel dps wp/dok should keep mobility issues lest they become ott; for example, while a dps dok can output high damage and has best HD ingame, it can still be hard countered by exceptional cc usage - which is a good thing.

for this reason, I believe any form of cc immunity/antisnare ought to be tied to the grace/sacrifice tactics highest up in the tree: if a torture/wrath player wants to get it, then they would have to give up a dps tactic and, at least at low rr, wouldn't be able to get all the toys.

extra: this isn't to say dps dok/wp (the latter, in particular) are without their shortcomings.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#36 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm

The ability should stay where it stands. There is an issue with melee heals, making it impossible to get the necessary melee heals items, makes them having an issue again. No point in giving something and taking away something else. Heal dok get all the items they want easily. Up first tree, and grabbing detaunt in torture. Let’s not make another problem by trying to implement what I proprose. Simply a 2 week trial period to test out what I propose. If it doesn’t work oh well we tried something viable. But this change I think will make melee healers effective and viable, because they will be more dependable.

Panzerkasper

Post#37 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm

OFC it would help melee healers, but on the other hand a CC immu skill no matter what tree you put it in, no matter at what position in that tree, I would spec it. The normal healers would "exploit" this tool and this is something that should not happen.

Just look at the WP, a lot of them spec for the wounds buff, although they do not need this path. A solid group also makes the aoe detaunt quite redundant.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the melee heals be viable, but this approach would solve 1 problem and create another. :?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Eathisword

Post#38 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm

I was gonna write exactly the same post as Peter and add the point of Panzer.

I see no problem giving Melee HEALER (meaning trying to replace a healer in the group) anti CC tools to function better. Torture dok are NOT melee healer. They are DPS that can heal a lot (compared to other dps).
Any way this anti CC thing is implemented, it needs 2 conditions :
1- Must be restricted to dual wield dok / 2H WP.
2- It must totally cripple any attempt to run it with a Torture or Wrath spec.

But tbh, I don'T think that is the goal of this thread. I think the goal here, is to make Torture healdebuff spamming dok better. But what do I know.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#39 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 pm

I guess you cald also make the WP healdebuff a 45 feet PBAoE at the cost of 250RF with 100% uptime or something that radical.
Would open em up for warbands aswell as small scale viabillity. But kill of DPS Runies.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#40 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:OFC it would help melee healers, but on the other hand a CC immu skill no matter what tree you put it in, no matter at what position in that tree, I would spec it. The normal healers would "exploit" this tool and this is something that should not happen.

Just look at the WP, a lot of them spec for the wounds buff, although they do not need this path. A solid group also makes the aoe detaunt quite redundant.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the melee heals be viable, but this approach would solve 1 problem and create another. :?
Normal healers can’t exploit it, they would have to decide if they want an AOE heal detaunt or the cc immunity.