Recent Topics

Ads

The fix to melee healers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: The fix to melee healers

Post#21 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Zaxxond wrote:
Unstoppable1776 wrote:Could there be a trial for it? Like a 2 week period to test it out?

Any dev have an opinion on my proposal?
Submit a proposal in the balance forum and see what happens.
Isn’t that where I posted this? This is the suggestion area

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#22 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote:
Zaxxond wrote:
Unstoppable1776 wrote:Could there be a trial for it? Like a 2 week period to test it out?

Submit a proposal in the balance forum and see what happens.
Isn’t that where I posted this? This is the suggestion area
Post in the link below. But to your point, your suggestion probably has been seen by a Dev by now.

viewforum.php?f=95

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Update:

And for a WP just attach the 4 sec immunity to sigmars shield

catholicism198

Post#24 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm

It's always fun to read these types of posts.

An anti-snare ability/buff will just be abused by "kite" groups to flee, instead of charging into battle.
There's no denying that melee healing is broken, but simply giving them an ability that might sort-of, possibly, maybe, in a distant dream close the gap won't accomplish anything if their damage is just going to be heavily mitigated, absorbed, debuffed (taunt/detaunt).

Melee healing is great for pve...maybe a duo in pug scs, but not very effective in the "core" orvr/zergVzerg.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#25 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Kite groups to flee... I don’t think you know how m healing works lol...you have to hit something

dansari

Post#26 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote:Kite groups to flee... I don’t think you know how m healing works lol...you have to hit something
... unless you're running away
<Salt Factory>

footpatrol2

Post#27 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 am

So pretty sure lifetap healing main design purpose is to be used in a keep offense. At least 40% to 60% of the purpose at least.

You used to have a door you could reliably hit consistently. This allows you to assist heal rampart raider's in your warband in a keep offense. Not every spec is suppose to be used in open field fighting.

The biggest advantage of lifetap healing is you do not need line of sight to heal.

catholicism198

Post#28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote:Kite groups to flee... I don’t think you know how m healing works lol...you have to hit something
No, I know exactly how melee healing works- or rather does not. ...and what I know even better is how the community loves to exploit any and every chance/opportunity they get.

This isn't like WoW/Swtor where you can only select one path. You can easily get all the essentials for the healing mastery then invest the rest in "melee heals-" it doesn't mean you're going to melee heal- just benefit from that mastery's utility.

If you actually think this will help and is a worthy change, then head to the balance forum and lay out your case. Just know that you need a DoK/WP that is at least r40 rr40 before you'll even be considered.

Ads
Valfaros

Post#29 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 am

catholicism198 wrote: There's no denying that melee healing is broken, but simply giving them an ability that might sort-of, possibly, maybe, in a distant dream close the gap won't accomplish anything if their damage is just going to be heavily mitigated, absorbed, debuffed (taunt/detaunt).
Yeah mitigation/guard and other dmg reduction really hurt the spec. The more difficult and coordinated the enemy gets the weaker this spec performs. It's still a nice spec no question but there is definitly a problem that the healing is nearly nullified if the enemy is playing deffensive. Being snared all day is a problem aswell but this can mostly be dealt with snaring the enemy all day aswell or good kicks.^^
catholicism198 wrote:
This isn't like WoW/Swtor where you can only select one path. You can easily get all the essentials for the healing mastery then invest the rest in "melee heals-" it doesn't mean you're going to melee heal- just benefit from that mastery's utility.
Well in this case DoK would give up AoE detaunt for the snare immunity. I mean sounds like a fair deal.
footpatrol2 wrote:So pretty sure lifetap healing main design purpose is to be used in a keep offense. At least 40% to 60% of the purpose at least.

You used to have a door you could reliably hit consistently. This allows you to assist heal rampart raider's in your warband in a keep offense. Not every spec is suppose to be used in open field fighting.

The biggest advantage of lifetap healing is you do not need line of sight to heal.
That sounds horrible. 40-60% of it's design purpose is hitting a keep door and healing others with it...don't know about that. They are generally usefull in small scale like most single target dps classes. Meele healing is just not something for zerg fights. In how many cases are you really really close to each other. Like never most I've seen from zerg/bombing is a good few meters distance between the both lines. Only in a few cases you actually push onto the enemy and in that cases it's either done quick (moral dump) or someone backs off and you chase them.

Klesko

Post#30 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 am

This is not the appropriate place to submit proposals. Mods dropping the ball on this one - this thread should have already been closed. Abundantly clear:
Topics made to suggest combat system, gameplay or balance changes will be locked.
(viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20423)