Recent Topics

Ads

The fix to melee healers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

The fix to melee healers

Post#1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Issue: mdps healers need to constantly hit in order to heal groupmates. Mdps heals already get mitigated through absorbs,mitigation, parry, block, disarm, and distance.

I want to solve the biggest factor and that is distance and the ability to hit to heal the group. But still not overpowered by the several other reasons mdps healers heals are reduced.

Melee classes have several resources to counter snare, some have a pull, pounce, charge, antisnare, morale snare, kd, etc.

Proposal for dok: attach a anti snare to the ability devour essence. I suggest the one similar to a BO. It breaks snare and give who is ever under the effects of devour essence a cc immunity while the effects are going off. Have the snare work for anyone under the effects. So as a mdps healer I can help the groupmate and not always myself. The cool down is 20 seconds which is sufficient so the anti cc/ Xsec immunity ensures the dok can mdps heal the group for longer instead of being stuck.

This ability is already in the dps heal tree which also makes it a perfect canadidate.

I don’t play a dps WP but something similar to what I proposed to the dok.

Ads
szejoza

Re: The fix to melee healers

Post#2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Sounds like Resolute Defense imo
And we know how it ended
Spoiler:

Eathisword

Post#3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Hum... I have played melee healer a lot. Being perma snared sucks. But outside of that, it is a playstyle with just about no downside.

Survivability is great, specially guarded. Damage is right out there (lacks burst, but has perma heal debuff that can virtually never be cleansed). It can heal a decent amount even in Torture spec. Let's you run a 3 healers comp (1 melee, 2 backline).

Sucks vs ranged kiters. Only downside.

On a side note, if you want that immunity so bad, have Jimson reroll BO :p
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Klesko

Post#4 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 pm

This forum is not for gameplay and balance discussion
Topics made to suggest combat system, gameplay or balance changes will be locked.
DoK is the absolute last possible class in this game that needs a buff. They were disgusting live and are no different here on RoR.

...Lock this thread up.

dansari

Post#5 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Tend to agree that melee healers need some love, but first and foremost we should bring melee WP up to par with melee dok, then look at tweaks
<Salt Factory>

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#6 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 pm

WP are in a great place. WP have survivability/better dps heals...while dok is more of a dps.

The points I make are legit. I’m not asking for a kd, or charge. Basically a 4 sec immunity to myself or a group member every 20 seconds. This is an important part for m healers. Dok and WP are suppose to be m healers in the first place. I’m making that possible

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Klesko wrote:
This forum is not for gameplay and balance discussion
Topics made to suggest combat system, gameplay or balance changes will be locked.
DoK is the absolute last possible class in this game that needs a buff. They were disgusting live and are no different here on RoR.

...Lock this thread up.
lol....

dok is nowhere near what they were on live. Clearly you don't play one so you should probably just hush.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 pm

I think people are misconstruing and confusing what Swag is suggesting:

DPS DOK is in a good place (the ICD nerf hit him hard, could do with some readjustments, but it still functions very well).

Melee heal DoK/WP are only viable in solo encounters: you will not be able to fill in as a healer against competent players who know how to exploit and capitalise on your inherent weaknesses (those Volgo said).

DPS WP isn't in a good place, imo, but it is a separate discussion.

Personally? I echo the thoughts of Swag, and feel making melee healers less susceptible to the permabitching CC they currently have to endure - even if tied to a CD, or tactic - would be a good first step. A good tank can negate the effectiveness of a melee healer to 0.

(For what it's worth, a lot of brainstorming re melee healers has been done, lots of cool ideas were brought up. Would be cool to see the team's stance on melee healing, i.e. whether or not they feel it needs some tweaks, anything in the works, etc.)

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:30 pm

dok/wp alredy have an anti snare/root tool , it is called focused mind , it have 60 sec CD exatly like all other snare immunity in game.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Tesq wrote:dok/wp alredy have an anti snare/root tool , it is called focused mind , it have 60 sec CD exatly like all other snare immunity in game.
Yeah, lets remove challenge from tanks while we are at it, they have a better version of it with Distracting Bellow anyway.

In case anyone really thinks this is for real, i just want to point out how stupid saying that was.