Recent Topics

Ads

Tab target addition

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ravenfox

Tab target addition

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi was tab targeting recently and tabbed to a white lion pet first then to a swordmaster, I was thinking if u tab to a pet u should tab to his master second

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Tab target addition

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am

always found it weird war didn't have separate target enemy NPC and enemy player keybinds, like that other game.

Dabbart

Re: Tab target addition

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:24 am

1, you should have at least 2 key-binds for targetting, 1 for target nearest, and a 2nd for cycle targets.(I use ` and Tab). Target next and previous are largely irrelevant. To find these, hit esc/key mapping/targeting and scroll down. You can cycle targets pretty quick once you get used to it, I mainly use Click targeting if there are an abundance of enemies.

2, Having someone to assist off helps a lot. Create an assist macro for them, and have them create one for you. Some people are just better at finding targets, pick a target, assist and boom. This requires grouping with someone. However, even a Duo group increases the fun and ability to get DBs drastically.

As for targeting a Lion and then someone not WL, it's based on distance from you, not distance from your last target. So it can hop around in a 365 angle around you quite a bit sometimes.

Best piece of advice, use the Enemy Addon. You can easily create custom Marker tags in individual colors, name styles, etc. Everytime you run into an enemy you want to remember, put the marker on them. Enemy is a blatantly OP addon, as the markers actually let you follow well out of visual range and through walls... And you can adjust the size of the marker, and target via clicking the marker... Lots of things you can do with Enemy to make your life easier. Check out VinyUI. That package is already customized extensively, as well as BuffHead is pre-set for all the important buff/debuffs... Oh, and thank Caffeine:P
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.