Recent Topics

Ads

Shard (server) #1 - auto rr40 rank 40

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mez

Shard (server) #1 - auto rr40 rank 40

Post#1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:44 pm

To get popularity going and activity you should make the server give that potion that auto levels you and then give free sov sets etc to everyone. I think if you got more people logging in and queueing for scenarios, it would help bring interest to the project.

A second server (classic) could launch later on where people can level if they want and get into the lore etc...but really lets just get the PvP going please? I have personally little desire to grind this game again if there's no pops etc.

thanks!

Mez
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Grugnir

Re: Shard (server) #1 - auto rr40 rank 40

Post#2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 pm

:shock:

Elven
Former Staff

Post#3 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. No. Just no, to everything you said.

K thx bye

Grugnir

Post#4 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Elven wrote:Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. No. Just no, to everything you said.

K thx bye
Couldn't agree more.

Syfriax

Post#5 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 pm

K thx bye
I may agree with you, but theres no need to be rude.

@Mez
We're here to provide the same sort of service that WAR did whilst it was online: Not some sort of broken-up Private server like you'd find in WoW. While it is a nice thought to just get gear and levels are jump straight into the action, I personally feel that a massive portion of the game is lost in doing that.
Besides, theres so much to fix right now, that is certainly not #1 on our priorities.
Its Constantinople, not Istanbul.
Also, its Rhodesia, not Zimbabwe

Elven
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:02 am

Spoiler:
Syfriax wrote:

K thx bye
I may agree with you, but theres no need to be rude.

@Mez
We're here to provide the same sort of service that WAR did whilst it was online: Not some sort of broken-up Private server like you'd find in WoW. While it is a nice thought to just get gear and levels are jump straight into the action, I personally feel that a massive portion of the game is lost in doing that.
Besides, theres so much to fix right now, that is certainly not #1 on our priorities.
It wasn't rude. A preposterous idea requires a frank response.

Syfriax

Post#7 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:06 am

Elven wrote:
There is a rather defined line between frankness and impoliteness. I'd go into detail, but I don't want to be the feelings police. In any case, one man's courtesy is another man's insult.
Its Constantinople, not Istanbul.
Also, its Rhodesia, not Zimbabwe

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 am

Spoiler:
Syfriax wrote:
Elven wrote:
There is a rather defined line between frankness and impoliteness. I'd go into detail, but I don't want to be the feelings police. In any case, one man's courtesy is another man's insult.
Here is my point of view:
Mez wrote:To get popularity going and activity you should make the server give that potion that auto levels you and then give free sov sets etc to everyone. I think if you got more people logging in and queueing for scenarios, it would help bring interest to the project.

I never liked this potion in question on the official server :P Again, scripting this would be a bitch. I'm sure some people would be interested in it but it would die of quickly. There is no gear beyond what is accessible currently. Which requires effort and time spent to design and implement the feature. I'm sure a lot, if not most people , would say that time would be best spend fixing T1. Not to mention class abilities, mechanics, T1 RvR, combat log, Scenario scoreboard and mechanics. Oh the list goes on... Oh, please understand!!... I'm try to ensure all those who aren't in the know that it is not as simple as switching a switch, to fix these problems.
Mez wrote:A second server (classic) could launch later on where people can level if they want and get into the lore etc...but really lets just get the PvP going please? I have personally little desire to grind this game again if there's no pops etc.
As much as it would be nice to implement a 2nd server. We're struggling with the primary server. It's all a test and progress moves us forward to the next stage. We are not a the next stage, nor are we anywhere near to implementing a 2nd server.

PLEASE, please please.... Take this as a constructive criticism against this idea to back up my so call "rude" response. Maybe now you realise the issue... And it doesn't stop their (so many more problems!!)

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:32 am

Elven wrote:
Spoiler:
Syfriax wrote:
Elven wrote:
Here is my point of view:
Mez wrote:To get popularity going and activity you should make the server give that potion that auto levels you and then give free sov sets etc to everyone. I think if you got more people logging in and queueing for scenarios, it would help bring interest to the project.

I never liked this potion in question on the official server :P Again, scripting this would be a bitch. I'm sure some people would be interested in it but it would die of quickly. There is no gear beyond what is accessible currently. Which requires effort and time spent to design and implement the feature. I'm sure a lot, if not most people , would say that time would be best spend fixing T1. Not to mention class abilities, mechanics, T1 RvR, combat log, Scenario scoreboard and mechanics. Oh the list goes on... Oh, please understand!!... I'm try to ensure all those who aren't in the know that it is not as simple as switching a switch, to fix these problems.
Mez wrote:A second server (classic) could launch later on where people can level if they want and get into the lore etc...but really lets just get the PvP going please? I have personally little desire to grind this game again if there's no pops etc.
As much as it would be nice to implement a 2nd server. We're struggling with the primary server. It's all a test and progress moves us forward to the next stage. We are not a the next stage, nor are we anywhere near to implementing a 2nd server.

PLEASE.... Take this as a constructive criticism against this idea to back up my so call "rude" response. Maybe now you realise the issue... And it doesn't stop there(so many more problems!!)

JeFawk

Post#10 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:35 am

Why is this discussion so long and useless?

He had an idea, Elven had an idea, everybody had an idea.

Knowing Max, he doesn't even read this, and even if he would...well...he'd have an idea.