Recent Topics

Ads

Relaxing the Lvl gap on XP nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Relaxing the Lvl gap on XP nerf

Post#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Howdy,

So last couple days I've been grouping with lowbies, or on an Alt alongside them. In every case, the 5lvl gap before XP gets nerfed to less than 100xp per kill has been an "issue". I do not wish or intend to start an argument or discussion about PLing, this is in regards to grouping and playing. I have a few idea's to "help" the lower ranks gain XP somewhat more effectively. Note: I am not aware if these are possible to code, if the Dev team already has plans to combat this issue, or if this point is rated a non-issue.

1, Remove XP penalty for grouping with someone of higher/lower lvl in T1.

Especially under lvl 12. As a lvl 9 I should be able to group with a lvl 3 healer without both of our XPs being neutered. There is already a limiter on the XP gain from Mobs higher lvl than you, please let us group in T1. I see no reason to nerf the XP gain of a player before they have access to the basic class functions.

2, In end tier, reduce XP penalty for grouping with someone higher/lower lvl for Player kills.

I understand the argument to have some form of limiter on XP to stop a fresh 16 being PLd by a group of 40/60+s via PUG farming. Maybe a scaling reduction based upon the amount of lowbies in the group? Currently, one can gain better XP being in a seperate group AoE spamming and being out of party healed. This seems like a flaw to me, but imo is one of the major reasons you see so many people running around Solo. You get far better XP/RR returns.

3, Maybe, Possibly, give a flat %XP bonus for being in a WB.

If grouping up will always be the go-to answer to the vast majority of perceived issues, maybe incentivizing lowbies to form WBs could help alleviate this? Obviously, chickens will scatter, but persistence pays off.

Just a few thoughts. Flame away.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Luuca

Re: Relaxing the Lvl gap on XP nerf

Post#2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I wholly agree with the sub T1 groups not being affected by the XP nerf at 5+ levels. It encourages grouping which will help in higher tiers. I was that level 3 RP in the group and it was horrible to try an play with friends at level 8..

AlfredWicker

Post#3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 am

I agree that the lvl limitation of 5 is too narrow and her comes the but:
You can lvl in T1 damn fast - bridging the gap was never a problem for me.

And i kinda dont get the playerkill-argument since bolstering. Explain pls.

diedrake

Post#4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 am

The lvl gap is only pve issue, not the pvp side of this game
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Gerv
Banned

Post#5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:09 am

Hey mate, this is a PvP game, stop trying to change the core focus of the game and stop trying to cheat ways to quickly level. Learn your class through playing the game via RvR and scenarios.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:39 am

Gerv wrote:Hey mate, this is a PvP game, stop trying to change the core focus of the game and stop trying to cheat ways to quickly level. Learn your class through playing the game via RvR and scenarios.
I lol'd irl.

I aint your Mate, Buddy.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Gerv
Banned

Post#7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:54 am

Dabbart wrote:
Gerv wrote:Hey mate, this is a PvP game, stop trying to change the core focus of the game and stop trying to cheat ways to quickly level. Learn your class through playing the game via RvR and scenarios.
I lol'd irl.

I aint your Mate, Buddy.
I was just trying to help . . . .
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Fallenkezef

Post#8 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Those WL fotm re-rollers finding the grind too slow?

The leveling is fine as is. I am a pure casual, getting about 2 hours a day ingame on average and made 40 in under a month. I could probably of done that in two weeks if I had no rl commitments.

Seriously, the grind is fine
Alea iacta est

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:Those WL fotm re-rollers finding the grind too slow?

The leveling is fine as is. I am a pure casual, getting about 2 hours a day ingame on average and made 40 in under a month. I could probably of done that in two weeks if I had no rl commitments.

Seriously, the grind is fine

Did you even read the OP? This has literally nothing to do with the “grind”. It’s about your being reduced for 52xp per kill while grouping cause someone in the group is 5lvls difference. It’s about people literally gimping any form of Xp gain in order to play as a group. In T1.

And, the people I’ve been playing with lately are newbies to the game actually with only 1 toon to choose from.

Luuca

Post#10 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:55 am

Gerv,

The use of the word cheat threw me. I wish you would not have used that word. We had some new players we were trying to introduce to the game - a group game - and we were all being penalized for grouping. Yes it's an RvR game. Yes we are all trying to level quickly - both level and rr level. But to call us cheaters for making note of an issue in T1 grouping just sucks.