Recent Topics

Ads

Update stats on dok gear.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Update stats on dok gear.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Both beastlord and red eye gear for a dok both split their stats into a heal and dps version, not making them very effective for either choice.

I won’t propose that stats change. the devs are better at this and have a better idea what’s best for the game.

Just either make sets dps or heal. I have no preference.

Ads
diedrake

Re: Update stats on dok gear.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Can u take a couple pieces from those sets? And mesh them with the dps or heal set? Or is that a no? Sorry havent looked into dok sets in a hot min.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

AxelF

Post#3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 pm

DoK gear stats generally are an absolute mess outside of the standard Merc/Anni Conq/Dom sets. Ruin has WP and str, BL has WP and WS, Redeye WP and str. But yeah it's mentioned several times before and ignored so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Loans

Post#4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:56 pm

+ 1 to make pure dps or healer sets

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#5 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:36 pm

I have no problem. Means I don’t do any pve. Just trying to give more people a reason to do the pve.

sogeou

Post#6 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Loans wrote:+ 1 to make pure dps or healer sets
You are in luck, try conqueror and dominator for your pure split.

Am I missing something? Why would they be asking for something else when Dominator Set is for melee. Or they just being lazy and want to farm pve instead of SC's?

AxelF

Post#7 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:01 pm

sogeou wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:

Am I missing something? Why would they be asking for something else when Dominator Set is for melee. Or they just being lazy and want to farm pve instead of SC's?
Not sure if you're trying to troll or just clueless - it's nothing to do with laziness, it's the fact that the mixed sets are entirely pointless. If you play a WP/DoK you have three basic builds: chalice/book caster healer - needs WP; melee healer - needs str; melee dps - needs str.

In order to be effective in melee healer or dps you pretty much have to run the tactic to buff your damage at the cost of casted heals to either get decent lifetap damage or pure damage.

There just isn't a build that uses str and WP unless we see a return to ridiculously op gear from live that allows you to get high enough in both. If you try now your casted heals are too weak to be useful, and your melee damage is too weak for lifetaps to be useful - plus 80% of your attacks will be parried.

Anyway, even if someone wanted to try that you'd just run 2 piece Conc and 2 piece Dom. There is no legitimate reason to have both str and WP on gear and all it means is WP/DoK have 3 less gear sets to choose from currently.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#8 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm

sogeou wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:

I’m renown rank 73 full genesis, full dom, both sub weapons, both sc weapons, beastlord set complete, conq set complete.

So me requesting for the “added sets to be somewhat useful” to either heal spec or or dps is far from lazy. Lazy would be keeping the sets as is so I don’t have to do any pve and still get the best gear in the game. But if you want the doks/WP players to actually farm it to the core to get the gear then make it at least a bit rewarding. But like I said it doesn’t effect me, just looking out for the ones leveling up.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#9 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Unstoppable1776 wrote:I have no problem. Means I don’t do any pve. Just trying to give more people a reason to do the pve.
It will be expanded on, multiple attribute dependency was a failing from mythic which we have inherited.
Cool cool, yeah didn’t know if it would be hard or not to change the willpower to wounds, or change the stress to wounds. Or what ever the devs has in mind.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 pm

It’s really not a DoK problem. WP, AM, and Sham all have the same “issues”. But, we are still in base alpha status. If the WP/DoK .ab ex is brought back, then the split set would be Close to BiS for hybrid healing again. Same with AM/sham. If we get life taps back in some form, that extra int for strikethrough/damage will be gladly accepted.

Pick and choose what you find the best for your spec. But the base argument is flawed. It’s the same one used by people not wanting to farm PRvR for the BiS or those that hate SCs and don’t want to farm Dom.... get the gear you want, don’t stress about the rest. There are plenty of options in terms of gear for every type of build. That is the point.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.