Recent Topics

Ads

Update stats on dok gear.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: Update stats on dok gear.

Post#11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:41 pm

By plenty you mean 2 lol heal- go conq, dps go dom

Yep plenty of options lol

Ads
Loans

Post#12 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:56 pm

I know conq is for pure healer and domi for dps, but others "mixed" sets are close to be useless, even beastlord is not really worth to use it !

For example runie beastlord is really cool with full set, even the AM, why the WP is not cool aswell? :mrgreen: :twisted:

Dabbart

Post#13 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Really? My AM is going for 4p conq 2p Fortune 3p genesis, 2p winds impervious. There are plenty of sets to choose from. Some people still like ruin just for the armor and defenses. Different gear for different styles.

If you feel a cookie cutter is the only acceptable build then good for you. But there are players that like a hybrid system, and, my main point, that in the future maybe those hybrid sets will have a real use.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Palitelj

Post#14 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Dabbart wrote:Really? My AM is going for 4p conq 2p Fortune 3p genesis, 2p winds impervious. There are plenty of sets to choose from. Some people still like ruin just for the armor and defenses. Different gear for different styles.

If you feel a cookie cutter is the only acceptable build then good for you. But there are players that like a hybrid system, and, my main point, that in the future maybe those hybrid sets will have a real use.
It is easy to combine when you have everything but this guy just wanted help new ppls in game.

Dabbart

Post#15 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:17 pm

That is not at all how I read the OP... The OP states that every DoK set should be either DPS or Heal. That’s it.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tesq

Post#16 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:31 pm

there are some bonus which are good either way, as said, 3pt am/sh with armor bonus and a free tali slot basically is 450 armor bonus.

This is free buff for dok/wp.......i get why they didnt get the same tratement, tough genesis for tank/healer depending on build get pretty useless. DPS have an easy life, crit + primary stat =win

Not everything is easy to balance especially in gear itiemization when you have to mix stuff......full mono set or full single piece of gear are easier to balance. Full 1 + 2 mix of sets etc, aren't
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AxelF

Post#17 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 pm

It's not about dps or heal, it's about melee or caster - str or wp. There is zero need for pieces to have both str and wp on them (not talking about the set bonuses but the armour piece stats).

If you want to play hybrid caster/melee builds, combining str and wp then as you said, you can mix and match 2 or 3 pieces for the different set bonuses, but the vast majority will never stack str and wp in the same build for very good reasons - you end up with a char that's less than half as effective as a caster healer and less than half as effective as a melee healer. Putting both str and wp on the same armour piece just hurts the vast, vast majority of WP/DoKs and reduces the number of viable armour sets.

Implying that every build that focuses on either str or wp is a 'cookie cutter' build is ridiculous though - there are many varied ways to build a WP/DoK. Every good way needs str OR wp.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:38 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote:I have no problem. Means I don’t do any pve. Just trying to give more people a reason to do the pve.
It will be expanded on, multiple attribute dependency was a failing from mythic which we have inherited.
I must have missed your post. Thank you and great work

Ads