Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Dominator set bonus

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
alusnova

[WL] Dominator set bonus

Post#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 am

Hi, 

Due to recent changes to the Guardian Tree and the class overall , I would like to request a modification on one of our set bonuses.

The why : We know that Dominator set is our defensive set yet the 2 piece bonus give us strength, with the recent changes any WL wishing to spec in the Guardian tree will have a difficult time getting toughness as high as possible since our sets mainly give us strength and wounds. Currently most classes can softcap their main stat and almost cap their secondary stat with talis based on their spec , the changes made to the WL makes it that if you spec axe/hunt your main stats are strength and wounds and if you are Guardian then you swap strength for toughness so we might be the only class that needs 3 stats based on specs.

My request is simple to change the 2 piece bonus from strength to toughness. I feel this would be fair to the class and helps keeps the spirit of the guardian tree where the 2 main stats are toughness and wounds and actually make the dominator set feel like a true defensive set. Any other changes needed to the dominator set I'll leave up to the devs.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Ads
zgolec

Re: [WL] Dominator set bonus

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 am

Tried to suggest something like this months ago. But "it is as it should be" so defensive set still got str on it... Unlike tank toughness on deffensive / str on offensive.

So don't count on it.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

alusnova

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am

zgolec wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 am Tried to suggest something like this months ago. But "it is as it should be" so defensive set still got str on it... Unlike tank toughness on deffensive / str on offensive.

So don't count on it.
Well the hope is that these sets were originally created by mythic with strength and wounds in mind for a dps class, I don't think Mythic ever wanted to change the bonuses for the pet with toughness that's why our sets are mainly str/wounds like other meele classes and yes since tanks have 2 clear "choices" be defensive or offensive their sets have the correct bonuses, is the changes here in this server that made the WL either dps or very tanky (w/o being a real tank) imo I think and hope is fair for Dominator to have + toughness as a bonus instead of strength, I think we might be the only class that if spec in guardian we can't softcap (or get it as high as other classes) our main stat (toughness) .

Look at annihilator that's our first t4 defensive set and merc our dps one , anni 2 piece has toughness, dominator should have it too imo, at the end the changes made the WL lose its burst by a decent amount and even getting toughness to 900+ our dps will never be the same as before since the player strength will be really low and the pets stats have been lowered to.

I hope simply for Torque (whom seems was mainly in charge of the changes) to also look at our gear situation as it relates to the changes, besides +66 more toughness won't bring our old dps back but it will feel a bit fair compared to other classes sets.

zgolec

Post#4 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 am

I dont argue with you mate :P Would love to have full defensive Dominator set as well - specially now when toughness is str for pet not wounds [as before], so mixing 3 domi 3 conq is pointless and none set is giving us proper bonuses for our spec :P

I just say it will not happen - since i get similiar response on my previous suggestions ;)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Darosh
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

alusnova wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am Well the hope is that these sets were originally created by mythic [...]
You are aware that before Sov there were no split sets? The only difference in stat distribution came from PvE sets and on the basis of tiers (Conq, Invader, Warlord, yadayada). None of the SCs sets currently available existed.

So.. if you wanna strawman it up, you should atleast know the implications of the stuff you utter; you gotta drop the 'gib me' attitude until Forts and Cities make a comeback, if you go by Mythics design.

alusnova

Post#6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 pm

zgolec wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 am I dont argue with you mate :P Would love to have full defensive Dominator set as well - specially now when toughness is str for pet not wounds [as before], so mixing 3 domi 3 conq is pointless and none set is giving us proper bonuses for our spec :P

I just say it will not happen - since i get similiar response on my previous suggestions ;)

Your suggestions were made (I think) before the recent change, with toughness being a primary stat you hope the dev team also sees our gear situation . Is a small change that I am suggesting but it would help with the changes made to the class.

Let's explore to get to 700+ toughness you need to use all talis and use RR to buy fortitude V which means you probably could not buy any parry or if you bought parry you probably didn't buy futile strikes . Mara our most direct mirror doesn't not have to worry about this, tanks either. On my melee classes (I have a WE and WH ) I will never buy strength with RR .

Again I'm hoping for small change to our defensive set, 66 toughness will not make the class bursty like it was before but it will help allocating some RR into other defensive stats like parry. Hope at least we get an official dev response.

Thanks

alusnova

Post#7 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Darosh wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm
alusnova wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am Well the hope is that these sets were originally created by mythic [...]
You are aware that before Sov there were no split sets? The only difference in stat distribution came from PvE sets and on the basis of tiers (Conq, Invader, Warlord, yadayada). None of the SCs sets currently available existed.

So.. if you wanna strawman it up, you should atleast know the implications of the stuff you utter; you gotta drop the 'gib me' attitude until Forts and Cities make a comeback, if you go by Mythics design.
Yes you are right about live sets what I meant to say mythic vision was this is a dps class there for the main stats were strength and wounds, these dominator sets were created here with str and wounds in mind which is what dps classes would want , I don't think they thought one day they were going to swap one the trees main stat to a completely different stat , the class keeps getting changed, why not ask to also our defensive set to also be adjusted a bit .

Again it feels we are the only class that can't even think about getting near the softcap for one of our primary stat if we spec in the guardian tree.