Recent Topics

Ads

Bonus Mastery Points from renown ranks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
roadkillrobin

Bonus Mastery Points from renown ranks

Post#1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am

I'd like to supose a change ragarding at which renown ranks you obtain the last remaining 4 Mastery points you get trough lvling up.

Why should it change?
Better equity for low rank players vs high ranked.

- Lower ranked players lacks cuicial Mastery tools.
- They have less renown points to spend in crucial things like crit rates for those that are dependant on that for example.
- They have less gear procs and gear bonus options.
- They have less tactic slots for builds.

Not having acess to crucial tools vs players that does is a massive dissadvantage.

Suggestion:
Move the bonus Mastery Points to renown rank, 10-20-30-40 instead of 40-50-60-70.

This will also makes it more benefitial to avoid powerleveling as you get more bonuses to get to rr40 asap.

As t2-4 is merged this will not create any unfair builds for certain classes in those specific tiers either and the moast MP you can get in t1 is 6 at rank 15 rr30, which shouldn't really break anything.

Ads
szejoza

Re: Bonus Mastery Points from renown ranks

Post#2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 am

I wouldnt move extra mastery points that way, after RR40 you still need to have something to look up to :D

But I feel you and if anything Id support getting extra mastery points every level from lvl 11 up to level 30 (so 20 mastery points at lvl 30) and then the remaining mastery points every second level (32,34,36,38,40). That way we are still keeping the same number of mastery points for level 40, we don't force people to powerlevel just for the sake of getting new skills. For sure it would bring stregth for the suffering lowbies ;)
Spoiler:

roadkillrobin

Post#3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:51 am

You still gonna have renown points to spend and renown requirement gear to look forward to.
Its not just for lower rank inequity. Even at r40/rr50 there's still builds you can't do on certain classes atm that opens up competative play.

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am

I can also say that I would support lowering the total amount of Mastery points from 29 max to around 18-19 max and make all Mastery abilities/tactics in the path thats 10 points and above really worth taking and specialize your playstyle instead of having super utility builds on every class.

Spierron

Post#5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am

how to balance that after, the current system is very well.
Bolster is OP if you know how to take advantage of it.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

What to balance? If anything it does it's widening the gap between players with R70+ and other players. This just gives you access to 1-3 skills / tactics earlier, you are still gear and renown abilities behind other players with RANK 70+.

nebelwerfer

Post#7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm

I for one enjoyed the slow n steady trip to great power. This is character building and it is a big part of the experience for me.

The way I see it is the top 1% RR players should be feared on the battlefield as they are experienced battle-hardened veterans and a few extra mastery points to show for it makes for a more immersive death for their foes. Too bad there's not one for 80!

Also I'm not sure of ur premise here, idk of any classes that lack crucial tools until rr 50+. Sure they may unlock a better specc but the impact is limited afaik. If you would elaborate or give examples i'll read it!

(little offtopic spoilered)
Spoiler:
The most impactful area I would look at is after CR 31, where your bolster goes to crap. I would unlock all the RR's you've gained above your CR, because it's just not fair fighting opponents with access to 70+ renown points and you are rr 45 but only have access to 32 of them.

witchdoctor

Post#8 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I see your problem, and i am to tired to discuss about that.

Just want to tell that the armor debuff of Mara is over 2k when he spec it with lvl 24 + bolster, think its fair enough.
could tell you alot more, like the 150+ auras by choosen/kotbs or the 450+ressitance aura on both sides, but i think you understand me :D

No need to buff the lowies more, unless the balancing is focing on endlevel 8-)

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:02 pm

I have to agree on the t2-t4 matter give low level a bone in term of specs.....but start from rank 20 not 10.

Rank 10 atm is still.in t1 till rank 15.

About the second thing thay would hit tanks pretty a lot.

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm I for one enjoyed the slow n steady trip to great power. This is character building and it is a big part of the experience for me.

The way I see it is the top 1% RR players should be feared on the battlefield as they are experienced battle-hardened veterans and a few extra mastery points to show for it makes for a more immersive death for their foes. Too bad there's not one for 80!

Also I'm not sure of ur premise here, idk of any classes that lack crucial tools until rr 50+. Sure they may unlock a better specc but the impact is limited afaik. If you would elaborate or give examples i'll read it!

(little offtopic spoilered)
Spoiler:
The most impactful area I would look at is after CR 31, where your bolster goes to crap. I would unlock all the RR's you've gained above your CR, because it's just not fair fighting opponents with access to 70+ renown points and you are rr 45 but only have access to 32 of them.
The veterans allready have better stuff then those sub 40 does in terms of renown points to spend, gear to chose between, aswell as mastery points. Question is, why does it need to be everything? From a buisness model perspective it's easy to explain this. Pay monthly fees for a longer period of time and you get rewarded for it. Thing is, RoR is not a subscription based platform and don't gain anything from it. Better gameplay and ballance will keep players around.

More Mastery points open up more options. Especially in those tri-builds. It doesn't aply to moast classes at rr50 as you have pretty much all tools at that point. But does for some. Like this Engiebuild for example.

RoR.builders - Engineer

At sub lvl 40 you start to lose the option to get crucial skills to even make class function decent. Not only that, but you also lose tactics slots and at very low ranks even proper tactics.