Recent Topics

Ads

scs premade

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Egoish

Re: scs premade

Post#61 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 pm

I've been solo pugging some rr on my bw while grinding up, honestly the quality of the pug queue is hilarious.

Sometimes you get 1 healer who makes the whole scenario and does a blinding job, sometimes you get 3 2her wp and 2 dps am...

Even on a lowbie bw with the timestamp spec i feel like i can contribute as long as i get an occasional hot, however i always pick either an mdps or tank to assist on at the start with swift assist, the number of times i thumb my mouse assist key and people are on a tank is shocking.

If i recorded my sessions i could highlight thousands of dumb plays from a week of playing an hour an evening, my favourites are everyone running past each other to "attack their healers" when they have 5 and we have 1. Kill the unguarded dps who are on that 1 rune priest tragically trying to keep the dps wps alive then roll up the rest of the team with focus fire? Oh no, lets all pick a seperate healer to be detaunted by and complain that no one pushed with us...

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#62 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Egoish wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 pm I've been solo pugging some rr on my bw while grinding up, honestly the quality of the pug queue is hilarious.

Sometimes you get 1 healer who makes the whole scenario and does a blinding job, sometimes you get 3 2her wp and 2 dps am...

Even on a lowbie bw with the timestamp spec i feel like i can contribute as long as i get an occasional hot, however i always pick either an mdps or tank to assist on at the start with swift assist, the number of times i thumb my mouse assist key and people are on a tank is shocking.

If i recorded my sessions i could highlight thousands of dumb plays from a week of playing an hour an evening, my favourites are everyone running past each other to "attack their healers" when they have 5 and we have 1. Kill the unguarded dps who are on that 1 rune priest tragically trying to keep the dps wps alive then roll up the rest of the team with focus fire? Oh no, lets all pick a seperate healer to be detaunted by and complain that no one pushed with us...

Nameless

Post#63 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm

frankly some guarded maras are much more difficult to be killed by some tanks. So all that dont touch tanks is quite strange for me. Like it is better to go miles away out of healers range and pop solo on enemy backline where your BW wont assist cos the target is too far away.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Darosh
Banned

Post#64 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm frankly some guarded maras are much more difficult to be killed by some tanks. So all that dont touch tanks is quite strange for me. Like it is better to go miles away out of healers range and pop solo on enemy backline where your BW wont assist cos the target is too far away.
Some tanks are pure paper and only live because people are hellbent on their formulaic (< prolly not the right word) approach to the game, they don't adapt.
If you spot a squishy tank, or have enough pewpew/debuffs to turn tanks into paper, you might aswell pop them before you bother with the guardee. You essentially remove guard - a rezzed (paper) tank is a liability, too, if taken care of asap... also, a tank sitting at 10% for +2min soaks up plenty of pewpew, so you might aswell finish him off.

Bleh.

michela89

Post#65 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Darosh wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 pm Some tanks are pure paper and only live because people are hellbent on their formulaic (< prolly not the right word) approach to the game, they don't adapt.

as a paper tank I approve that mentality

MayoDaen78

Post#66 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 am

I think "do not attack tanks" cannot really apply with 2h SM, I have seen them hit destro tanks almost as hard as hitting non tank class, I guess because their attacks are mostly spirit based and bypass armor check.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#67 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 am

Nice necro
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

mielgato

Post#68 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am

Lately, I found pots more reliable than PuGs healers, at least I'm not expecting moar heals from my pots. Or should I say in some situations, ANY heals at all.

Ads