Recent Topics

Ads

scs premade

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MiauMio

Re: scs premade

Post#21 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:30 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:41 am you can jump on comms, think of good specs to run to complement one another, practice with eachother, etc. You'll die a lot, but even if you win once the whole night - it's an accomplishment.
I completely agree with that. And furthermore do not argue to move the focus away from group play.
But I can also understand casual players that are getting mauled left and right and feel like they can't really do much about it.
The disparity in skill in this game is rather big and for a lack of MMR system the very best players are just as likely to queue up against other very high skilled players as they are against casuals. And for the reason that there are way more casuals than really good players it tends to be a faceroll for the few good setup groups to the point that they dry out the SC queue because people don't want to play against it.
And like I said, I'm not arguing for myself here but just think the argument is flawed.
There has to be a certain level of individual skill for VOIP to have any effect since, if you'd listen in to a casual 6mans VOIP you'd quickly realize that they can't use the tool for communication properly (because they don't know how proper effective communication in a competative environment works) as they can't use their utility skills to full or any effect etc. etc.
All I'm trying to say with this is saying that grouping up would cure all those problems might give people a wrong impression of what they really need to achieve and which recources they'd need to exhaust before they can realistically expect to start winning a decent ammount.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 am

Well my comment was primarily in response to the 'lack of X, Y and Z compared to opposition' argument. Individual skill/other factors don't really play into the fact that one is able to find healers and tanks - if one so wishes - instead of queuing for hours on end expecting things to change . Other factors, such as individual skill, will always play a factor, but you have to ask yourself (if we're being honest): will such players really ever improve/have the desire to improve?

There are a plethora of guides on forums/youtube, yet I still see people making the same mistakes/playing the same way day in, day out, with seemingly no desire to go above and beyond that which keeps them happy and content. And fair play to them, they should play how they want; I just don't think much can be changed to facilitate such people who are stuck in their ways.

What would you suggest, out of interest? Premade SC have taken a hit as it is, and I don't think anything else that could have an adverse effect on them should be encouraged.

MiauMio

Post#23 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 am

I too do not think there is ONE answer to having a more enjoyable time playing SCs. Although I have no personal opinion on this i'd say for the larger part of the playerbase it would probably be an improvement to serve the PUG side of SCs more than the group-SCs since the majority of players are rather casual and only the smallest part is even considering building 6-mans. This in part, like I said, is due to the dominance of just a handfull of powerfull SC premades that make up the population that like 8/9 maps are catered to.
This seems like an imbalance but since I assume this is a wanted/needed imbalance to encourage group play etc. I further won't assume it's wrong the way it is.
I think the most important thing to get across to someone who is really frustrated about losing all the time and having the feeling of not having any impact would be that he needs to do everything himself. Carry your group, carry your faction, never blame the others.
If one does not have the apparent value so that half decent or even really good groups would like to take him in i personally think that people have no grounds to complain as it is understandable that people wont knowingly draw down their groups.
For this it is most usefull to find a mentor for the class you are playing or a bigger guild which has at least a few very high caliber players so you can ask them for advice. This by itself does not come for free aswell since it requires an active search for a mentor or fitting guild.
But quite honestly alot of very nice gamers I came across over the years are just not capable of reaching even the minimum requirements to have organized play. They lack the mechanics because they have bad equipment or are of older age or they lack the motivation to be "competative" but would rather play a casual round of SCs with their friends or do not understand english well enough to grasp the essence of the helpfull vids and threats. So there are many ways in which one could be casual but not necessarily ignorant or arrogant.
One could say therefore they lose all right to complain and as I said, I kind of agree but it is also a rather big part of the community that is constantly unhappy about it and we should also ask ourselves if there is nothing more we can do as a community to help eachother out and bring eachothers playstyles to a competative level.
Hope this does not come across as a moral pointing finger, my only interest in this is furthering the debate and maybe getting rid of one or two wrong assumptions.
cheers

Arteker616

Post#24 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 am

Mystry wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm
Darosh wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:18 pm
Martok wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 pm This sounds like the perpetual North American complaint, where the SC pool from which players Que tends to be so small the participants become repetitive. Additionally this renders the PUG SC more vulnerable to six-man pre-made groups duo-queing their way in. It is just the nature of the beast.
THIS is what baffles me the most. The player pool is so tiny that you are bound to get to know each other yet people don't group.

It's a sad act that continues indefinetly.

Abbd: Even if just 24 players were online, you'd see at most one duo per realm ~ 6mans tend to login together... /5 is either a desert or a trainwreck.
I play during both EU prime time and NA prime time (depending on the day) and I can tell you that the vast majority of NA Order players I repeatedly run into in SCs are just bad players. Mean of me to say it, perhaps, but it's true. They're just not good at the game; they don't assist train, they don't pre-HoT, they don't cleanse, they don't use their morales outside of DPS using sever nerve, they don't usually go for objectives, and they especially do not target the right people.

Additionally, Order almost NEVER has a good group composition for scenarios. Destro nearly always has at least 3 healers, at least 3 actually defensively specced tanks, and uses the strong DPS classes such as Sorcerer or Magus. Order typically has 2 or 3 2hander tanks who don't guard, maybe a single lowbie healer if we're lucky, usually no healers at all, and a ton of Shadow Warriors who, let's be honest here, are not as good as BW/Sorc at range and require guards and heals that we usually don't have to function in melee as Assault.

All that on top of the fact that the playerbase during NA time is small enough to consistently run into the same players on both sides leads to a perpetual stomping of Order over, and over, and over again.

Is there a solution? I honestly don't know. There is a clear gap in gear, skill, and wealth between Order and Destro NA (I rarely see Order scenario players have potion buffs, while I rarely see Destro players without them). For a long time I believed that the most expedient solution was to allow each team only two healers per side, and not even start unless those two spots are filled, as Order's lack of healers is by far the biggest contributor, but doing so with NA's limited playerbase would probably result in zero scenarios at all. Not that it matters, when Order gets stomped so hard that they can't score a single kill because the Destro team has 3 invincible zealots, Order gets zero XP/Renown/Medallions for the entire SC.

Anecdotal evidence? Sure. But this has been my experience on Order during NA times. It's absolute hell. For every won scenario there are a dozen lost ones, and not just 'oh we just didn't get the objective in time' lost, but 500-0, we never had even the slightest hint of a chance lost. And this is in the PUG scenario as well as in the regular ones.

Lastly, something needs to be done to stop players from duo-queing to get their goddamn premades into the PUG scenario. I don't care what, but it's incredibly obvious and really shitty. These players just want to farm renown off of PUGs rather than face other premades, and it's a scumbag tactic to subvert mechanics that are supposed to prevent it.

/rant
Finnaly someone with the valour to say it. As someone wich play both sides, either solo , duo and random prem when i feel like it. the truth is on scs for most part Destru end winnings because many of the reasons the poster wrote.
Skill wise average destru player is or try harder than order , detaunt, overxtender tanks wich dont think they moved behind a wall and los their healers and then spend 5 mins insulting healers or claiming xxx premade on pug sc when for most part destru has better group composition .

Order has a big serious problem on scs because unless stars aling on a morlieb perfect eclipse u can see rarely a balanced group composition.

While for most part destru usualy field very big ammounts of tanks and mdps and order field a shitload of rdps wich on most cases doesnt even bother to even assist or have no better idea than come as aoe rvr speced into scs( is hillarious watch RR 70s+ bws jump on midle of sc destru mele train without guard and cast anhilate and get rolf stomped on less 2 secs) or ( trying to offer CC when i do play any of my tanks on order is a oddisey when seems the hordes of engis first move is to drop mines every where).
sure sometimes sc rings and destru has just 1 or 2 healers and few 2hander tanks with mdps and alot of mdps and get wrecked by order rdps mostly sc groups but it happens 1/10 times .

so many rdps make aswell tank life and mdps super harsh because as tank u are unable to make a push to backline with few mdps because ur rdps just stay behind , and ur mdps are cut down super easy because u cannot get enough bodys on front to cause enough havok to buy time ur mdps to do their job .

is also abit harsh the order criticism on duos , alot of destru que on duos and not so many do on order , but alot of times these duos are the ones doing the hard job for most part of the scs .

Mystry
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 am

Arteker616 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 am
so many rdps make aswell tank life and mdps super harsh because as tank u are unable to make a push to backline with few mdps because ur rdps just stay behind , and ur mdps are cut down super easy because u cannot get enough bodys on front to cause enough havok to buy time ur mdps to do their job .
Having rolled a tank because of Orders lack of proper tanks, I've definitely noticed this. Either I get whittled down attempting to guard RDPS who get stomped because they don't use their detaunt and we have no healers, or I get blasted to **** because I'm the only one who attacks their backline. The only time I can make any headway is on Tor Anroc because I can punt the Destro healers into the lava and don't need mdps to assist train with me.

Fallenkezef

Post#26 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 am

I have noticed mosy Order tanks run 2h these days. I can understand it with SM perhaps but the others?

Saying that, Destro isn't much better. Fir every SnB Chosen/BO I see two with 2h.
Alea iacta est

Akilinus

Post#27 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 am I have noticed mosy Order tanks run 2h these days. I can understand it with SM perhaps but the others?

Saying that, Destro isn't much better. Fir every SnB Chosen/BO I see two with 2h.
Whats wrong with 2h chosen/knight in sc?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

michela89

Post#28 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:19 am

Are premades even actually enjoyable with the current SC population?
I mean any decent 6 man (not even need to be on comms actually) worth half their salt will stomp the opposition / make the opposite side just give up and AFK at spawn. (Well If you are just there for Emblems/Renown it's pretty legit I guess)
Sometimes I have seen the pug side fight back pretty decently , but wouldn't say that's the norm.

Winning is always better, but that does seem as interesting as being stomped.

Do you get into SC against other 6 man I am actually not there to see?
Last edited by michela89 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#29 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 am

Akilinus wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 am I have noticed mosy Order tanks run 2h these days. I can understand it with SM perhaps but the others?

Whats wrong with 2h chosen/knight in sc?
Nothing "wrong" per se but in situations where other side have better setups with snb tanks a lack of such on the other team can be an issue.

Such as mourkain when one side can properly guard and protect the orb carrier
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#30 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:30 am

michela89 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:19 am Are premades even actually enjoyable with the current SC population?
I mean any decent 6 man worth half their salt will stomp the opposition / make the opposite side just give up and AFK at spawn. (Well If you are just there for Emblems/Renown it's pretty good)
Sometimes I have seen the pug side fight back pretty decently , but wouldn't say that's the norm.

Winning is always better, but that does seem as interesting as being stomped.

Do you get into SC against other 6 man I am actually not there to see?
There is a certain mindset where winning is everything and stomping pugs fits that mindset.
Alea iacta est