AAO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Rackiera

AAO

Post#1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Has any consideration been given to revamp AAO so that it actually benefits the lesser populations fighting directly in the zone with the AAO.

Something like 10% more wounds, damage, resistance etc. for each 20% of AAO, so with 100% AA0 lower population gets 50% dam, resist, wounds buff.

This would possibly also slow or deter x-realmers.

Obviously the % above are examples and would need tweaking, but it would possibly produce better fights which most would want, the side with the most players should always still have an advantage ( that's life ) but maybe not as 'steamroll' as it can be now...

Just an idea.

Ads
Saftdryck
Banned

Re: AAO

Post#2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

The carrot is more Exp, renown,influence and more fights, more targets to kill with downside of getting swarmed by sea of red. What more do you want? Suggestion of getting superbuffed is just no no. I think you dont really understand how much even 5% buff creates a huge gap on performance.
Now maybe some small chance that escalates by AAO to a maximum of maybe 5% (at AAO 400%) of getting medallion clusters, or double medallions from kills. However, this would be when in future new RvR/SC sets are implemented (2weeks). For now, it's all good in my opinion.

What do you mean when you say deter x-realmers? Those that log for underdog just to have more numbers to fight against or those mythical sea creatures of logging for winning side?
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Rackiera

Post#3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm

As I said the % are examples, could be 1% per 10% of AAO, when you see 100% + AAO the extra renown etc is great but still makes for poor fights against the 'zerg' either side.

biqbox

Post#4 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 pm

This proposed change will **** up 6v6 and 1v1 fights completely.

Rydiak

Post#5 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 pm

My only wish is for AAO to affect the 20 renown ticks you get as a healer.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

riddleout

Post#6 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Well unfortunately when you're outnumbered unless your running a highly organized 6-man you really don't get to reap the benefits of aao cause you will get absolutely gangbanged by zergs.

Personally I think AAO should also grant RR active abilities. I mean if you're outnumbered 4 to 1 having improved flee seems like it's pretty necessary. And when AAO goes up give them some more active abilities, like rank 1 cleansing wind or resolute defense.

This just gives the less populated side more tools/toys to (somewhat) effectively fight a the larger faction. And if i were to have these abilities you bet your ass any 6 man group i ran would be doing some hit and run guerrilla tactics. Cause you CANNOT go head to head with a zerg when you have 100% AAO
PapaOpe-Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 pm My only wish is for AAO to affect the 20 renown ticks you get as a healer.
20 is the minimum RP tick. You would normally be getting far less than that. It is affected by AAO before the minimum.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rydiak

Post#8 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 pm My only wish is for AAO to affect the 20 renown ticks you get as a healer.
20 is the minimum RP tick. You would normally be getting far less than that. It is affected by AAO before the minimum.
I stand educated! Thank you
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads