Recent Topics

Ads

Onslaught and hard PQs22

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Onslaught and hard PQs22

Post#61 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am

Palitelj wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:02 am PQs difficulty is really different on both sides/pairings. If you can do 1 pq in 15 mins and for other you need almost hour it is clearly different. But maybe they are meant to be like that we dont know.

I think you are exaggerating here - NPC numbers are same(ish) on all PQs, stats on NPCs are same, timers on stages are same(ish). Do you have some hard data to support what you say?

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#62 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 am

Spoiler:
lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am There is pretty much always someone not getting a roll, even if they played from stage one and didn't die/release. It's consistent enough to make it seem like there is a set amount of spots on the roll in addition to a set amount of bags.
Ok thanks, this is the feedback I'm looking for- and more specifically: what is causing this? Have you noticed anything? How do we fix it?
Spoiler:
lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am Anyways, after playing all PQs except Caledor, I can say that the difficulty of the PQs are insanely varied. For order CW and BC were both pretty damn hard, about the same difficulty as KV for destro. Eataine and Reikland for destro on the other hand are INSANELY easy, they are almost like normal PQs compared to the others.
Subjective conjecture adding NOTHING of use to the conversation, with zero supporting evidence, contributing nothing to the topic or the spirit of suggestions & feedback beyond exhaustive complaining.

Is one PQ prohibitively hard to do? Is it the entire PQ? A certain stage? A certain creature? Is that creature hitting too hard? Is its health too high? Is it located in a place which makes it impossible to complete?
-Conversely-
Is one PQ accommodatingly easy? Is it the entire PQ? A certain stage? A certain creature? Is that creature not hitting hard enough, or at all? Is its health too low? Is it located in a place which makes it possible to cheese?
Spoiler:
lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am No idea how terror debuff is supposed to work atm, but it's not even present on all PQs, and is occasionally only present on some people, while not on others. Certain PQs would have been impossible with terror though, especially with partially pug warbands.
Terror is imperfect and is being reworked as an aura, so as to be reapplied within a radius or selected area so long as the boss is alive, so as not to perma-terror people. This will take time and is currently under construction. Which PQ is terror not present at all? Did you bugtrack it, or do you just say "lol its a feature!"

If you are unwilling, or incapable of coming to the table with the people that have the ability to edit or modify the game we all play without an air of resentment and bitterness, you cannot expect your "feedback" to be swallowed wholesale and given a "thank you."

lefze
Suspended

Post#63 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:55 am
lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am There is pretty much always someone not getting a roll, even if they played from stage one and didn't die/release. It's consistent enough to make it seem like there is a set amount of spots on the roll in addition to a set amount of bags.

Anyways, after playing all PQs except Caledor, I can say that the difficulty of the PQs are insanely varied. For order CW and BC were both pretty damn hard, about the same difficulty as KV for destro. Eataine and Reikland for destro on the other hand are INSANELY easy, they are almost like normal PQs compared to the others.

No idea how terror debuff is supposed to work atm, but it's not even present on all PQs, and is occasionally only present on some people, while not on others. Certain PQs would have been impossible with terror though, especially with partially pug warbands.
This is bad feedback. Nothing useful. Mostly vague negative statements. We don't need this.

There is a set number of bags. It is insanely generous compared to all other implementations. What exactly are you complaining about?

What is missing from the Eataine and Reikland PQ's?

Terror is not a complete thing yet, as we've already said.
Quite clearly what I wrote had nothing to do with the amount of bags. The problem is that parties in warbands seem to miss the roll completely at random to make space for solo leechers. Might just be that you don't see the roll at all when pq ends if you didn't get a bag, but that part is on the team. And yes, the roll is 100% confirmed to dissapear even for people that played properly from the beginning of the PQ without leaving the PQ areas.

Eataine and Reikland are simply too damn fast, heroes/bosses either dies too fast, hit too week or a combination of those.

Reikland has one decently hard part at the very beginning with the moraledamage but that part lasts for about 20 seconds or less. After that you pretty much just run through the keep instakilling everything, which takes about a couple of minutes total and you are outside and ready to kill the boss. The bossfight is pretty damn uneventful, the damage put out here feels really low compared to certain other PQs.

Eataine is just uneventful as a whole, just lots of squishy stuff with next to no damage. The boss fight is also kind of bland, straight forward tank and spank with the occasional chain CC.

They might be okay enough, but compared to KV, BC and CW these PQs don't fit into the category of "hard" PQs. And these three PQs are well made, extremely enjoyable when compared to pretty much any pve content I played in this game.

Terror was said to be incomplete, not completely missing from certain content. No idea if you were aware or not, and not my problem either really, only thing that lets CW pq be doable at all by unoptimized warbands.
Rip Phalanx

Hargrim
Developer

Post#64 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 am

Reikland is a mirror of CW, so I'm not sure why would it be any easier than CW.

lefze
Suspended

Post#65 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 am

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 am Reikland is a mirror of CW, so I'm not sure why would it be any easier than CW.
They can be mirrored in some way, but they don't actually play the same at all. In practice they are completely different.
Rip Phalanx

Dammy095

Post#66 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 am

was Reikland buffed recently tho ? feels slower than before
Eataine stage with 10 heroes under 3 mins is harder then next step which is 3 heroes under 15 mins
KV has issue with lord reset to 100% after people going portal
in general, GJ guys, 24 talis gonna make salvaging obsolete tho

Hargrim
Developer

Post#67 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 am

lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 am
Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 am Reikland is a mirror of CW, so I'm not sure why would it be any easier than CW.
They can be mirrored in some way, but they don't actually play the same at all. In practice they are completely different.

Any way for you to be specific, at all?

lefze
Suspended

Post#68 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 am

I could ask the same of you, I have no clue what you mean when you say "mirrored", and as such have no idea which difference in the PQs would be relevant to explain. There is only so much you can put into words, so I will record any future runs.

In CW, the constructs are rather hard hitting, they are doable but pugs get absolutely annihilated by the things. The amount of constructs in the PQ and the fact they are in two stages and have to be killed 1-2 at a time already makes it more timeconsuming than Reikland. The boss fight is also way harder as the damage is just much greater, and with the eye kill phase and demon change debuff aggro is gonna go all over the place as people get randomly oneshot, especially if maintank gets it people start dropping like flies. The PQ would probably not have been completed even once by now if terror was active.

The PQ is probably completely fine with a full premade warband, but it's still so much harder than the easy PQs mentioned in the thread. And no, I'm not trying to say that you should make any PQ easier, it's more the opposite. Dwarf PQs are about equally challenging and in a good spot, all pairings should be like them.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#69 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Pq are not mirrored by pairing : by mirrored I mean boss mechanics .

Kadrin / CW ,
Reikland / Black crag
caledor / eataine.

If you find some mobs like the construct that hit harder than any other mob. Please report it . I’ll look into constrUcts

You have to do the same in kadrin pq and chaos waste pq . Only details are variable (slayer king call the grimnirs hands , and lord of change turn you to chaos spawns)
Last edited by Grunbag on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#70 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 pm

lefze wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:03 pm
Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 am

I could ask the same of you, I have no clue what you mean when you say "mirrored", and as such have no idea which difference in the PQs would be relevant to explain. There is only so much you can put into words, so I will record any future runs.

In CW, the constructs are rather hard hitting, they are doable but pugs get absolutely annihilated by the things. The amount of constructs in the PQ and the fact they are in two stages and have to be killed 1-2 at a time already makes it more timeconsuming than Reikland. The boss fight is also way harder as the damage is just much greater, and with the eye kill phase and demon change debuff aggro is gonna go all over the place as people get randomly oneshot, especially if maintank gets it people start dropping like flies. The PQ would probably not have been completed even once by now if terror was active.

The PQ is probably completely fine with a full premade warband, but it's still so much harder than the easy PQs mentioned in the thread. And no, I'm not trying to say that you should make any PQ easier, it's more the opposite. Dwarf PQs are about equally challenging and in a good spot, all pairings should be like them.

I asked for details and you were able to deliver, so I guess we are able to communicate. Thanks, we will look into that.