Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: RvR Feedback

Post#31 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 pm As for the AM part at the end, make AM aoe drain undefendable, nerf zealot ritual so drain(s) are even noticeable :P (someone, go make proposals plz, https://youtu.be/lBuO0tzFOJ0)
How does it procc basically every gcd, when it only got a 20% chance on attack? Furthermore I only see 2 dots in target and those usually don't cause procs.
Last edited by Sulorie on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm

dansari wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:53 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:41 pm
dansari wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:28 pm Sure, but BW/SL is much better than any other dps order has in regard to WB play. Sure, SW is better than WH/WL but it's still mostly single target unless you're running LA for the Leading Shots + Pierce Defense buffs
That's where most people are kinda wrong, in the uberzerg it might fade hard at times but so does the other classes, but it really excels at high pressure over extended, mobile fights, as quite often the other dps classes simply don't have the range to finish people off, SW is just a really nice vacuum cleaner for oRvR. The damage is no joke either if you can manage the feat of staying in 20ft of a hostile target at all times, and manage to use barrage for that sweet burst at the right times. Sadly FM is kind of a must for reliability, but it's still not as bad as people think it is, granted you actually play it right.
This might just be the difference in NA v EU -- Skirmish SW doesn't have much of a frontline to get lost in during NA, and staying within 20ft for No Respite procs is unlikely given, if you're chasing, you'll have 2-5 sticky feetz layered in front of you that you have no counterplay towards.
My opinion is that if you have to chase someone to get to bombing, they are doing something wrong and you have better stuff to do. But if you have already broken them and they are running away, FM gets you past the puddles and lets you bomb well even after that one pug uses AoE punt for no reason at all. And also, always spec Swift Strikes when bombing, you go for No Respite anyways, it helps a lot.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#33 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 pm As for the AM part at the end, make AM aoe drain undefendable, nerf zealot ritual so drain(s) are even noticeable :P (someone, go make proposals plz, https://youtu.be/lBuO0tzFOJ0)
How does it procc basically every gcd, when it only got a 20% chance on hit?
Because it procs from absolutely every single damage tick you do, and I mean EVERY tick of EVERYTHING.

Edit: Might have sounded like I implied that it procs at a 100% rate from everything, it's still a 20% proc chance, but it's 20% chance to proc on every tick with no ICD meaning one AoE spell effectively procs it once or twice every cast.
Last edited by lefze on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

Sulorie

Post#34 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm
Because it procs from absolutely every single damage tick you do, and I mean EVERY tick of EVERYTHING.
Then it is worth a bug report because it apparently doesn't work as intended. :P
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#35 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm
Then it is worth a bug report because it apparently doesn't work as intended. :P
Works as advetised I believe, but that doesn't mean it's not over the top for certain things.
Rip Phalanx

Sulorie

Post#36 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Works as advetised I believe, but that doesn't mean it's not over the top for certain things.
That it apparently works on dot damage and most likely with a higher chance than only 20% is not intended or like on live. Albeit "like on live" has little value here. :D
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm
That it apparently works on dot damage and most likely with a higher chance than only 20% is not intended or like on live. Albeit "like on live" has little value here. :D
Quite sure the 20% proc rate is accurate, but you can look at it this way, 2 dot tick and an auto every 3 seconds or so= 60% chance to proc every 3 seconds. Though the video does show that rng is a tricky thing. In the last example I got 250 AP in just under 10 seconds, meaning it proced about 5 times (doesn't show AP gain once the bar is full, it could have been more) from only two dots. From what I could see on the video on my phone, I only did one auto which was parried. Actually not sure if it procs even if the attack was avoided, but it might.

Edit: And also, demon spittle is 4 ticks for the duration after I pop flee, not 3, it double ticks at the end afaik, in adition to ticking once at application which would not be part of this test as both dots are applied before flee for obvious reasons.

Edit 2: The Ritual does in fact proc through avoided attacks.
Rip Phalanx