Recent Topics

Ads

ORDER: NA PRIME+ Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: ORDER: NA PRIME+ Suggestion

Post#11 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:10 am

I dont see how this will solve anything as all it will really do is give everyone access to a shared channel (which you already have multiple of).

That said Im also very weary of doing anything enforced with guilds and alliances as they are supposed to be your little social circle of like minded people. If you throw in all people in the same alliance that is no longer true.

Ads
Glorian

Post#12 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 am

@MedV: Luxurary problems. Back in the day only ONE (1) player in the lock got a goldbag. :)

As for an overall Alliance, I don't think that would work. Most of the longtime players have already animosities vs some players or their guilds. And the whole point of an alliance is, that you have players in that are more then the pug in the lake next to you. So an alliance just for the possebilities to talk to them in alliance chat isnt necesarry.

But if you want coordination, you need some kind of warbandleader voicechat.
Get the pugleaders in, get some of the guildleaders in.

Of course if some just want to roam the lakes in 12men groups that is good. But better if the other leaders know where destro is and what they are doing. Fighting a war with textchat is not very effective.
When we are in the lakes on Wednesday EU prime and have another warband leader in vox you know they they are fighting destro somewhere south so, they will be at you position soon.

Information is half the fight.

MedV

Post#13 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:53 am

Glorian wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 am @MedV: Luxurary problems. Back in the day only ONE (1) player in the lock got a goldbag. :)
I guess I should learn how the new bag system works better than just the mumbles of what people around me choose to share. Im guessing now getting a purple or gold bag is not as difficult as it used to be? if thats the case then the new mechanic is very much appreciated. I made sure to only lvl in rvr bec of all the horror stories of ppl not getting full conq until 60+. Back in the day my WL had full conq before I even got to lvl 40 (got reallllll lucky with gold bags i guess never knew only one person got it)
The King.

RuffRyder

Post#14 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 am

MedV wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:53 am I guess I should learn how the new bag system works better than just the mumbles of what people around me choose to share. Im guessing now getting a purple or gold bag is not as difficult as it used to be? if thats the case then the new mechanic is very much appreciated. I made sure to only lvl in rvr bec of all the horror stories of ppl not getting full conq until 60+. Back in the day my WL had full conq before I even got to lvl 40 (got reallllll lucky with gold bags i guess never knew only one person got it)
Conq won't even drop now before 40, but you will have plenty Medaillons to buy several parts, if not all, when being able to wear it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Nerdslayer26

Post#15 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:04 am

I'd like to see more pug warband leaders. The game is a lot more fun when people are actually leading.

Darks63

Post#16 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:50 am

Nerdslayer26 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:04 am I'd like to see more pug warband leaders. The game is a lot more fun when people are actually leading.
The main issue is its very annoying to do since its like herding cats and as a result most pugmanders on both sides end up burning out.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:36 am

Nerdslayer26 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:04 am I'd like to see more pug warband leaders. The game is a lot more fun when people are actually leading.
I think you would see more leaders if players (in general) showed a bit more appreciation to players trying to lead.

carmine3161

Post#18 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:18 pm

I like the idea of getting a NA guild alliance up and running with more active guilds but i don't believe it will solve the problem instantly but is more like a step 1, need to do more alongside just getting into a big alliance and joining comms. How to fix that? well i'm not really sure but maybe helping and teaching players some information might be a push in the right direction. Order do not have enough players on at prime time to combat the Destro zergs and a big alliance will not be encouraging enough to get more players to log on and fight. Even if it somehow does Order still lacks coordination.

Here are the 2 issues i believe are why NA prime time is so "unbalanced"
Spoiler:
Warband fighting is not rewarding enough for the occasional player because sure there is aao but thats only really helping 6 mans get farm, meanwhile all the occasional players are in the warband trying to fight the destro. Warband fighting with aao is like sword fighting with a banana, The only hope to get some farm is to find another warband or less people that they too have a banana or maybe an apple which can be outright impossible. Basically players in warbands with aao are not going to get much renown and they already know they are on the losing side so what exactly is the aim to fighting during this time? losing warband fights against the zerg enough times it gets dermoralising with no reward to benefit players who suffer through It. The next time they log on and see order with aao in prime time they are not going to be eager to sign up for it again.
Spoiler:
Sieges in NA prime time with aao is also not rewarding enough. When there is to much Destro at the keep there is not much the occasional player can hope to achieve and it becomes more worthwhile (renown-wise) to roam and kill players trying to get to the keep or the ones afking on BO's. This leads to sieges being a 1 way disaster and no one wanting to defend because why would you? You get more renown from roaming or SC's. Sieges can be semi worthwhile to defend with 20% aao and its actually possible to just beat Destro but during NA prime time this isn't the case because the balance of players is not close enough for this to happen making this mostly an issue during NA prime time only.
So, How do we fix it? well i hope this can invoke some more discussion and maybe we can all decide or figure out something but i do have 1 proposal suggestion.
To fix sieges in NA prime time and make them more worthwhile and to get people to want to log on and defend, How about a better BO tick at the keep while its under attack for keep defenders? And maybe a decent tick for the people who contributed to trying to defend the keep after it falls?

Im pretty stumped on how you could better warband fighting or make it worthwhile.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Ads