Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zarlemagne

[Suggestion] Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

Post#1 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 pm

The Problem:
Getting the full Genesis set is pure purgatory.

Example, On my Sorc I've had 9 cloaks and at least 2 of every other token, except for the aspect token (the final one i need for the full set).

And i know of many other people who have had 15+ bags still can't the full set.

Possible Solutions
  • Option 1: Make all Genesis use the same token.
    In my option this would make it a bit easy to get, you would only need 5 bags to get all the set.

Option 2: Add Genesis Tokens to Purple and Gold Bags in addition to the blue bags.
    This would allow you many more chances to get the token(s) you need, but would mean some people would continue to take these bags, rather than opt out.

Option 3: Add the ability to purchase the items (or the Tokens) with Conq Medals.
    This would mean that people would at least have a goal, if they weren't lucky enough to get the correct token
Edited 08-06-18: Added [Suggestion] to title as i forgot, when i originally posted :D
Last edited by zarlemagne on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
MoaningMarv

Re: Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

Post#2 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Agree here! I need 1 genesis piece on both my most used characters (I believe genesis aspect on both) and have had I dont even know how many duplicates of all of the others! I think a certain number of tokens to buy a piece just like with ruin gear etc would work.
~RoR -Granite Guard: Olovarm, Nyphron
Phoenix Throne > Badlands Knights of the White Wolf:Moaning, Marvolo, Hogsqueal ~

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 am

The reason there's been little traction on this, and other similar pieces, is that we will eventually have code working so you can trade say 5 of a duplicate for an item of choice. Whether this will apply to Genesis specifically is undetermined at this time, but considering it's the BIS jewel set, probably not.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#4 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 am

I wouldn’t worry about changing it it’s so easy to get. I have my full heal set, dps set, and defensive set, and I have almost 3 of each pieces on reserve if anything make it harder.

RuffRyder

Post#5 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:54 am

Hi everyone,

considering how many ppl complain how hard it is to get specific gear (Conq, Gen, Sub) since the changes to the minimum lvl, and also considering how many got them and still do without complaints, my conclusion would be that it is pure rng, not more.

The old system was way too easy, drops from lvl 16+ with Conq etc. did not make sense.

While Conq is in good place now (plenty Meds to bux it), the Gen parts are another topic, I agree that it should be adjusted. 5:1 exchange sounds legit for the few edge cases, but imo it would be good to reduce the lvl requirement to 32 maybe.
Why that? Without bolster it is quite harder to be competitive, what makes players grind PvE to 40.
Having a chance for Gen encourages them to do RvR longer.

2c
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:22 am

Lot of things will change about Sub and Gen with client control OR if we find some missing packets. Patience as always is the Key.

Actual situation isn't engraved in the stone guys...

zarlemagne

[Suggestion] Re: Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

Post#7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Update: I've now had 3 more bags and still no complete set, i'm somewhere in the early to mid 20's now.

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 am I wouldn’t worry about changing it it’s so easy to get. I have my full heal set, dps set, and defensive set, and I have almost 3 of each pieces on reserve if anything make it harder.

Different classes have different numbers of sets to choose from.
As a healer you have 3 sets to choose form, my main is a Sorc so only have 1 set
After 30+ bags you have actually averaged out.
The average to complete the is around 10/11 bags (if my calculations are right) :)

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 am The reason there's been little traction on this, and other similar pieces, is that we will eventually have code working so you can trade say 5 of a duplicate for an item of choice. Whether this will apply to Genesis specifically is undetermined at this time, but considering it's the BIS jewel set, probably not.

Never meant it should be easy, it's just the pure RNG of it makes it horrible for some people and easy for others. With Conq and Dom gear you can grind the Medallions and so have a goal and just have to do the grind to achieve it.

The problem with that the systemyou outlined is that it could take you 17 bags to get the full set if you started to save the tokens now (which i have).
But, most people i've talked to has either taken the money or spent the token and salvaged the item.

So I've added some alternative suggestions (with a couple of clarifications) below and should be easier to implement until Client Control sorted.
  • Option 1: Make all Genesis use the same token.
    But make each Genesis item cost 3 tokens, so would take 15 bags for full set.
    This would actually increase the difficulty of getting a full set (as average is 10/11 bags)

Option 3: Add the ability to purchase the items (or the Tokens) with Conq Medallions.
    Make the Genesis items cost 500-600 Conq Medallions (or possibly more, but I think that would be just overkill)

Option 4: Add a vendor that allows you to swap the specific Genesis tokens for a generic one
    Then allow you to buy a specific Genesis item for say 8 of those generic Tokens.
    This would make mean you need a minimum of 12 bags to get the full set
Yaliskah wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:22 am Lot of things will change about Sub and Gen with client control OR if we find some missing packets. Patience as always is the Key.

Actual situation isn't engraved in the stone guys...

I know, and i know how busy you guys are.
But these were just suggestions that would be "relatively easy" to implement.

Tesq

Re: [Suggestion] Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

Post#8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:32 pm

tbh gear aquisition is easy atm, i have like 3 char in domi/conq and they could be 4 if i bother with my dok. The gear is easy to get with personal loot rolls if you are doing something right, probably not for healers since you cant solo gank that good as other classes and chase aoo around. Well yes get gear in eu primatime only is a pain; if you play in the evening or in morning is easier at least in my exp.

the onyl thing i hate is SC 2200 currency for weapons; i always found that really long especially if you have also to make sc sets , it get really really really long; much longer than get conqueror + subj+ jenesis.

Ads
Pill

Re: [Suggestion] Genesis Gear - Changing system to Aquire it

Post#9 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Not sure if it pure bad luck, or if its the randomization/chance function within the code, but i've been playing my sorc for years and have yet to get the remnant piece (which is ironically the most useful one). I know of other sorcs that have the same issue with remnant specifically that are an even higher renown rank. Not sure what the fix should be, but it would be nice to finally complete the set. Trading 5 of one for 1 of another would be dope.
Iron Rock: <Havok> Garvinhog - BO ll Febreze - Sorc
RoR: <DROW> Pillaging - BG ll Purpl - Sorc ll Fengar - SW ll Elfn - SM