Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
daniilpb

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#41 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:19 am

1) Better rewards
No sense in tryharding or even simple bothering with comms and setups when you can just faceroll pug sc/objective sc which is the much quicker way of getting stuff. Also I know people who don't even queue scs at all because RvR can give them same/better gear without any real effort and less time consumption (just compare subj weapon and the price of sc weapon).
2) Comp diversity
Both sides have like 2-3 working comps which are built around 2-3 melee classes. Rdps classes and some builds like 2h slayer, dps healers, etc are just out of scene.
3) Leaderboards, cosmetics and other "feed my ego" stuff
People should be aware of your effort and dedication to the game.

I know that RoR community is full of old farts and wrecks who want their easy renown, friendly chatting and nothing else. And it happened because a lot of fresh blood have left the game because of its inflexibility, stagnation and lack of simple competition. Ganking is dead on this server and small scale is barely breathing so no wonder pop is going down slowly ("summer" is not a valid argument, I know tons of games which get even more people online during summer time and again because of younger population). Nostalgia is good but it leads directly to the grave.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#42 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:58 am

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 pm
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 pm There are certain things like SW ini debuff that completely break the 6v6 balance. Punt guarding tank, grim slash the target, 90%+ chance to be crit, done. The target WILL die in a GCD or 2 (at best) without even having the time to react and do anything about it. I refuse to queue a 6v6 when something so stupid exists. If i queue 6v6 i want a level playing field for a competitive match.
It has already been proven that this simply isn't true. Stop using a completely false excuse and go kill some people. Might sound ridiculous if you aren't able to look at it objectively, but Wrist Slash effectively increases the required initiative of any given class by 45 initiative when compared to pre-october/november patches. That's about two talisman slots or a few renown points and one talisman slot, assuming you don't run a Black Ork, which pretty much makes the debuff drown completely into trashtier. We are talking a 3%-9% debuff total depending on tank setup on non-sorc/we/shammy/whatever other classes automatically get 300 ini unbuffed. These classes put the debuff even lower.

So basically your only excuse for not queueing is invalid, go queue. And also getting really tired of repeating this stuff, but people have such a skewed perception of this non-issue so I just feel forced to do it.
Defending your main char much, yes? :lol:

@topic: Nothing would make me do 6v6. When it comes to the end of the day, its all about who got the biggest D...

Tier 3 was the days this game had the best 6v6 I have seen in many years. Will never happen again, but i wish you good luck.

footpatrol2

Post#43 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally queue for 6v6 scenarios) form a group, establish voice communications and queue for the 6v6 only scenario.

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.
I'm mostly a solo/pug player. How do you find player's to do 6v6?

szejoza

Post#44 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:23 am

footpatrol2 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 am I'm mostly a solo/pug player. How do you find player's to do 6v6?
Ask in /5, after getting 2 players willing to join spend next 2 hours trying to fill up the spots while the remaining 2 leave due to god knows what reasons, queue pug, profit

at least that was my experience :D
Last edited by szejoza on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

footpatrol2

Post#45 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks szejoza.

Nefarian78

Post#46 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:35 am

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 pm It has already been proven that this simply isn't true. Stop using a completely false excuse and go kill some people. Might sound ridiculous if you aren't able to look at it objectively, but Wrist Slash effectively increases the required initiative of any given class by 45 initiative when compared to pre-october/november patches. That's about two talisman slots or a few renown points and one talisman slot, assuming you don't run a Black Ork, which pretty much makes the debuff drown completely into trashtier. We are talking a 3%-9% debuff total depending on tank setup on non-sorc/we/shammy/whatever other classes automatically get 300 ini unbuffed. These classes put the debuff even lower.

So basically your only excuse for not queueing is invalid, go queue. And also getting really tired of repeating this stuff, but people have such a skewed perception of this non-issue so I just feel forced to do it.
Someone got triggered their main character broken skill got mentioned, i see.

No issue there at all. None. :roll:

I'd really like to see what a real issue is, if you think that is okay and it's just "skewed perception"

6v6 are supposed to be competitive. That abomination removes any form of "competitive"
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

simtex
Suspended

Post#47 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:36 am

Redsun wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:49 am Not much can be done imo. The population is not enough. You are asking for people in /5 channel to join your group and sometimes it's really hard to fill spots even for just roaming or standard scenarios.
Then most people just want to relax and 6v6 is too stressful and often not much fun to play. So we avoid that.

Giving some goodies/shinies would maybe help and improving balance would help too though.
Agreed 100%. Warhammer really isnt the right game for competetive play. It was years ago though.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

amputationsaw

Post#48 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:08 am

Well more people who are searching for sc Groups. Everytime i look around, i find nobody

Ads
Balthasar

Post#49 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

What would make me / my guild que the 6 man scenarios more?

Increased variety in competition, typically on nights we can get a 6 man up and we do que the 6 man scenario we run into the 1 or 2 133t rr65+ 6 man groups. Once we've lost 4 or 5 times in a row to the same group we stop queing it and start to que the regular scenarios. Losing over and over again to the same group is not fun for me, especially if we run out of ideas on potential counters to them.

It's a game, it's meant to be fun, que what you enjoy, I would enjoy good competitive 6 man scenarios against groups of a similar level to ourselves. Unfortunately those groups don't que the 6 man scenarios (or at least que when we do), I've tried to arrange 6v6 with groups i think are a similar level to ours but that has proven unsuccessful. A league table format might help with that and "mediocre" premades able to identify other groups around their level for 6v6 sparring / que sync.

That being said I don't often post on the forums so perhaps this is the place to advertise our willingness to arrange friendly 6v6 contests with like minded guilds / teams. If that sounds like you, please send me a pm and we can try to arrange something.

Regards
Balthaser (BW)
Grimgarl (SL)/Lovesyou (RP)/Baltha (IB)
Starlion (WL)
Kalathor (CH)

ravenlocke

Post#50 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am

What would make me queue 6 man?

5 other players who consistently log on during NA prime. Unfortunately this has been much harder to find that it sounds. Currently there are about 200 players in t2-t4 total during NA prime so even if all of those were level 40 (probably closer to 50%) then i would have to get 5% of the NA prime destro population to join me - then I would have to hope that 6% of the order population is also grouping and queued.

The population is unfortunately too small at the moment to support competitive 6v6 play. As stated in other posts, when I have queued the 6v6 scenarios it has not only been a long wait, but has been the same 1-2 order premades over and over again which is not interesting because after a few games you either know you are going to win or lose before the match starts.

So really - the main issue is population size for NA prime time. Also, the current population does not seem interested in running scenarios generally as it is - sometimes i can go hours between standard sc pops which is crazy because you only need 6v6 to trigger the standard sc.

While I do have concerns about class comps I think population size far overshadows that in the current state. For example, WOW has a large enough population that you can have fun doing 5v5 arena trying oddball comps.

As far as increasing population size, I think that running some increased RR/exp events with some online advertising or some cool unique item appearance events might draw some people back.

-Kright 66 DOK