Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
daniilpb

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#71 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Ramasee wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 pmThe 6v6 community needs to get out of the farm mentality. If you win the team fight, do the objective and finish the scenario.

I have been repeatedly making this point during production of my video scenario guides, that spawn point farming is not only boring but counterproductive to scenario play. The most obvious reaction of a measurable percentage of players who have spent their time in an SC stuck in their spawn war-camp is refusal to que for a follow-on SC, but the E-Peen crowd seems oblivious to this reality. In addition my opinion is if you want to further damage scenario balance and willingness to participate then institute a leader-board. The only people that will please is the same people already slaves to the farm mentality.
There is no farm thing in 6v6 SC. Usually teams make 2-3 tries before the one that wipes another just go for the flag. No one ever camps spawn waiting for more kills. Teams always wait for each other to be ready to fight and if the one refuses to do it, than the other go for flag immediately.
Pug slaughter is the thing indeed
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Martok

Post#72 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:39 pm

daniilpb wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:32 pmThere is no farm thing in 6v6 SC.

I wasn't talking about two 6 v 6 groups in Lost Temple, and that should have been obvious.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

daniilpb

Post#73 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I wasn't talking about two 6 v 6 groups in Lost Temple, and that should have been obvious.
You couldn't stop people from farming kills/spawn camping if they came there for KILLS not for flags, points, renown and whatnot. Should be obvious that some people play the game for killing stuff

And look at the name of the thread: Queue for 6v6. So won't be surprised if anyone will reply to you talking about 6v6.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Martok

Post#74 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Submitted for evidence:

daniilpb wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pmYou couldn't stop people from farming kills/spawn camping if they came there for KILLS not for flags, points, renown and whatnot. Should be obvious that some people play the game for killing stuff.

Everyone plays the game for killing stuff. However within game play there are nuances to consider. Ramesee addressed one, quote: "If you win the team fight, do the objective and finish the scenario," and I agree with his statement.

daniilpb wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pmAnd look at the name of the topic: Queue for 6v6. So won't be surprised if anyone will reply to you talking about 6v6.

Just so you will be aware, threads often take a turn from the initial issue raised in the OP, which logically means some responses will be crafted to address an additional issue articulated. If this confuses you my most sincere apologies.

Ramasee

Post#75 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:36 pm

daniilpb wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:32 pm
Spoiler:
Martok wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Ramasee wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 pmThe 6v6 community needs to get out of the farm mentality. If you win the team fight, do the objective and finish the scenario.

I have been repeatedly making this point during production of my video scenario guides, that spawn point farming is not only boring but counterproductive to scenario play. The most obvious reaction of a measurable percentage of players who have spent their time in an SC stuck in their spawn war-camp is refusal to que for a follow-on SC, but the E-Peen crowd seems oblivious to this reality. In addition my opinion is if you want to further damage scenario balance and willingness to participate then institute a leader-board. The only people that will please is the same people already slaves to the farm mentality.
There is no farm thing in 6v6 SC. Usually teams make 2-3 tries before the one that wipes another just go for the flag. No one ever camps spawn waiting for more kills. Teams always wait for each other to be ready to fight and if the one refuses to do it, than the other go for flag immediately.
Pug slaughter is the thing indeed
Martok replied to one paragraph of a very long post with many points and quoted one sentence from the paragraph. He should have placed ... before and after the quote to let other forum readers know that there was more to read in the quoted post that would help the readers understand what Martok was commenting about. That, alas, is a mostly lost art in forum communication. (Also does not help my post got buried under a page of Ravenlocke's insinuations against Peter)

There are people that do attempt to farm people in 6v6 sc. No its not all, but a few bad apples ruin the bunch. Specially if the bad apple is the first thing a fresh apple sees when they start.

Martok

Post#76 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Ramasee wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:36 pm...He should have placed ... before and after the quote to let other forum readers know that there was more to read in the quoted post that would help the readers understand what Martok was commenting about...

Point taken. You are correct, of course, and in the future I will endeavor to comply. Thank you.

lefze
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:39 pm

"What would it take: Queue for 6v6"

Why discuss anything besides 6v6 groups in Isha?
Rip Phalanx

Skullgrin

Post#78 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 pm

I've always looked at 6 man premades vs. a PUG as eazy-mode play on the premades part (and by that I mean that you expect the premade to win - so being in a PUG and winning gives a greater sense of accomplishment). Also, as a Tank, there is nothing quite like taking a noob DPS player under your wing (by guarding him) in a PUG and watching him blossom into a killing machine once he realizes hes only taking half damage. :P

Premade vs. Premade tends to put people into an elitist mindset over time, which in turn leads to some of the most vitriolic arguments over what in the end are (to my mind) minor balance issues. Just look at all the goofy s**t being argued over initiative debuffs and White Lions in general (really people, rethink your mindset on how you face a certain type of opponent, then adjust your build, renown and tactics - and move on, hopefully to victory). :roll:

So I'm really not sure that there is much that could be done to encourage me to join a group for scenarios. That being said, very unique items that were not too obscenely expensive in terms of the time sink might work towards it, as well as some type of leaderboard to encourage competition might not be amiss. The main problem that I see working against it is the elitist toxicity that develops over time. There needs to be something to counter that, but I'm not sure what that thing is.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Xergon

Post#79 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:46 am

Also i dont do SC mainly for that reason:

Camping enemy spawn for easy kills not trying to push with rest for win.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#80 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 am

That has no relevance whatsoever to the issue at hand.

Are people deliberately trying to derail?