Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Darosh
Banned

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#151 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm That being said: how does one incentivize in this case?
Give every player a server instance populated by bots... prompt them to spot a difference.

Ads
Martok

Post#152 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:08 pm

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am1: I would want a scenario with no objectives and Los isssues. Points would be gained from kills only.

I agree this would be a good idea, but in addition no champ guards could be allowed either. Unless they are guards which kill any and everyone who runs too close regardless of where on the map they are located. Then we truly would have a level playing field in regard to map terrain.

The counter-argument of course would be if neutral champ guards are present then some players will, if their side begins to lose, just suicide out then yeah, some would. But victory would still be awarded and perhaps those who did take the weasel way out could be granted chicken status for fifteen minutes.

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am2: I would want WE’s nerfed so they stop running around with guard spamming agonizing wound with 100% armor penetration using NB and 15% crit tactic.

This is never going to happen. Nothing like this is ever going to happen.

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am3: Considering the population, gathering people for organized 6v6 is not easy. As an incentive, maybe have an official rating system like world of Warcraft arenas to fuel people’s competitive spirit.

I personally disagree with a rating system, this game generates enough e-peen as it is. I do agree with the suggestion made by another player concerning the double-medallion award.

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am4: I would want melee healers nerfed so we don’t see anything too crazy like 3 tanks/3 wp’s. Dok’s 100% heal debuff uptime should also be looked at.

While in a six-man pre-made I once played a number of scenarios against a Destruction pre-made consisting of one tank, three DOK's, and two Shammies. I could be wrong but I don't know of any effective means to ever address that issue.

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am5: Initiative debuff stacking should be looked at as well (i.e. Swordmaster/Shadow warrior).

You are kidding, right? SM spirit debuff has already been nerfed, even given how most all Magus and Sorc defuffs and attacks stack without limit.

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am6: I would want stat and renown normalization specifically designed for 6v6 scenarios. Since the whole point of fights like this is about teamwork and individual skill, gear and renown shouldn’t be the deciding factor.

I respectfully disagree. Others have already effectively articulated the issue.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

tionblack

Post#153 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 pm

no point to 6v6 asw op

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#154 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Anyone can come on the ror forums and tangentially offer unsolicited complaints irrespective of the topic at hand, contributing nothing to create change or forward progress.

To all of you who have offered sound replies specific to the question posed in the original post- thank you.