Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: organized warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
footpatrol2

Re: What would it take: organized warband

Post#21 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally join a warband) join or form a guild, establish voice communications, respec to optimize your warband composition and fight in RvR .

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.
I might join a warband or maybe even form a guild. I'm mostly a solo/pug player.

I got a question? What's respec to optimize mean? Who determines what's optimal? I guess the guild lead or community?

Ads
Theseus

Post#22 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:40 am

What would it take to make me join an organized warband? Or even come back to the game? A more interesting gameplay. It is boring like hell. Dont get me wrong, the team did a great job in implementing a lot of good things, even the rvr mechanics are fine. The problem lies in the moral bomb meta. It is boring as watching white paint dry. You just defend and try to get raze before the other warband and then bomb the living **** out of the enemy. BORING as hell. Other than that, right now there is almost no communication needed between warbands cause of that. There is no point in one warband baiting another towards his backup as that backup wouldnt have their morals up. The whole fight is pretty boring that way and it influences the whole rvr system. Its just not worth the effort to join or create an organized warband if all you do is coordinate your raze.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am

the MORE INTERESTING gameplay ppl are talking about is create by make class better balanced

you know

raze
bw m2 ista moral drops

are things which requrie countering , counter that are not existing because bw have a moral tactic which make the ista moral so strong (which would not be if made over time) and raze need an aoe interrupt which mean bring a wl/engi . IF those 2 classes cant get inside wb then OF course the wb gameplay is monotony with min max ****. destru have aoe interruot but they dont serve any purpose atm, order dont have aoe interrupt in wb because those classes which have em rarely get into it exept 1x engi and their moral is pretty much about sorc m4 /raze .

make all dps performing well enough in an AOE enviroment and you will less see

raze drop
bw m2

be decisive , also fix am/sh meccanic and ista on the move g heals and you will see wb also kite and performing more roles than simple

go-nuke -repeat till die - meta we have atm.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

altharion1
Banned

Post#24 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 am

Nerf all aoe damage into the ground.
Remove all aoe damage morales.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

roadkillrobin

Post#25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am

Actually, the better you make AoE damage the less of a zerg there will be to share the the purples numbers /drops as it's gonna be more rewarding to not zerg.
The weaker the AoE the more incentive to zerg there gonna be. The zerg exist coz of the AoE hitcaps and weak AoE damage.

The RVR being based on m2 atm is coz output of AoE ability damage is crapp so you need to zerg up to both absorb the AoE hitcap and have enough power aswell.

If you think weakening AoE is gonna resault in better RVR, then you don't realize the larger effect of it. It's gonna resault in biggers blobs.

With strong AoE smaller groups can hold grounds at chokepoints and able to flank out opposition fast with suprice attacks. With weak AoE the biggest number wins EACH time.

Reesh

Post#26 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am Actually, the better you make AoE damage the less of a zerg there will be to share the the purples numbers /drops as it's gonna be more rewarding to not zerg.
The weaker the AoE the more incentive to zerg there gonna be. The zerg exist coz of the AoE hitcaps and weak AoE damage.

The RVR being based on m2 atm is coz output of AoE ability damage is crapp so you need to zerg up to both absorb the AoE hitcap and have enough power aswell.

If you think weakening AoE is gonna resault in better RVR, then you don't realize the larger effect of it. It's gonna resault in biggers blobs.

With strong AoE smaller groups can hold grounds at chokepoints and able to flank out opposition fast with suprice attacks. With weak AoE the biggest number wins EACH time.
I'm suprised, but for once I have to agree with you.

At the same time there's a downside, if 2-4 competent aoe dps hides inside zerg blob, that blob becomes significantly more powerful.

zumos2

Post#27 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

I would say it all starts with just getting more players to join RoR. More players will automatically bring more interested in both organised warband play, organised small scale and 6v6. It will also fill the lakes even more which makes it more attractive to play in an organised warband. Now I dont wanna turn this thread into how to get more people to join the project, so I will leave at this.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

zumos2

Post#28 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am

Reesh wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am Actually, the better you make AoE damage the less of a zerg there will be to share the the purples numbers /drops as it's gonna be more rewarding to not zerg.

At the same time there's a downside, if 2-4 competent aoe dps hides inside zerg blob, that blob becomes significantly more powerful.
Well if you have 1 competent group hiding in a blob it also becomes more powerfull. I dont see that as a downside. Further I agree that the AoE damage should definitely not be nerfed. Morales is a whole different discussion. Would be interesting to have an event with Morales turned off to really test its current impact. Cause I do believe fights being won by 1 coordination of morales is both dull and unfun. However I do also feel like they are the only tool to really break a funnel.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Tesq

Post#29 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:47 am

Reesh wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am

thats why you have 8 tanks in wb and aoe is 9 ppl, if you play better you can redirect fire on 9 ppl tarpit enemy dps, worth saying if dps set keep have the same power cap of tanks def set will will go nowhere....

def set should just have better bonuses; offensive sets worth more since you can aoe stuff so what you get, it get x9 ppl hit and half dmg of ST skills so is like 4.5x, while tanks still get a ratio of 1x of stats use, devastator was a clear imput on this, when we were in t3 and tank had a superior sets compared to dps. Till sov that difference should just get even higher to make the whole wb things balanced enough instead with conqueror meta we have no such discrepancy. 8 tanks under heals should NEVER die for whatever reason even with whole enemty realm aoe on em.... unless there are no healers healign them anymore, so whole wb can move more freely , free fontline from pressure and push where they want vs how many ppl they want.

sets for tanks are 50% part in balance rvr...

daniilpb

Post#30 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Rework AOE of some classes.
Almost every class has aoe capabilities even WE and WH but we have only viable BW/Sorc and rift Magus/Engi to support them. And yeah Razzzzzze tanks. Amazing gameplay.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage