Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: organized warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
chiladan

Re: What would it take: organized warband

Post#81 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 am - BO ticks have been set to not tick if too many are on the same flag and thus invalidating that gain. Its not totally out of the question to remove the BO ticks entirely or lower the rr gain should the situation grow worse with people AFK on BOs.
Oh I wish you remove that^^

Ads
Glorian

Post#82 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

chiladan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 am
Natherul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 am - BO ticks have been set to not tick if too many are on the same flag and thus invalidating that gain. Its not totally out of the question to remove the BO ticks entirely or lower the rr gain should the situation grow worse with people AFK on BOs.
And deny WH and WE of their natural foodsource?
WE and WH began to starve already when people could move to the BO by teleporter and don't need to go there by Horse or PVE route. ;)

roadkillrobin

Post#83 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:34 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am
chiladan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 am
And deny WH and WE of their natural foodsource?
WE and WH began to starve already when people could move to the BO by teleporter and don't need to go there by Horse or PVE route. ;)
Well if the meta turns to, do not going anywere in RVR solo coz theres hungry WE/WH everywhere then people would eventually stop feeding em anyway by waiting for groups and WE/WH would be starving anyway.

wonshot

Post#84 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am

chiladan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 am Ocara requires Discord+specific spec, hugs wc for hours and insults everyone who doesnt do what he wants.
Anja never leads.
Cerathul runs into every Bomb Wb heads on without thinking of flanking, refuses to communicate with others, insults and blames others for his faults.
P+P in general are 40/40+, discord required.
Oneman is a great leader.

Neither P+P, nor Ocara are PUG WBs btw. And Cerathul is planning on doing premade only WBs aswell.

I don't know where you get your infos about Elva, but clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. She roams, takes BO's, clears off order, helps other WBs, flips zones etc etc, and still gets **** from people like you. Grow a pair and give honor where honor is due.

And now for PUG WB leaders on destro. That would be:

Elvasoul
Horsegirl
Onemantankwall
Tenthgate
Kabu
Grufrip
(Cerathul)

And even some of those don't really do it anymore, cuz people don't give them credit and just blame them for the preamde's faults.
My intention was not to get into a debate about the warbandleaders, they are all needed for the game to function in oRvR. My view was based of what names I see during EU primetime and have seen for the last few months.
I dont have any fancy addon telling me who is the warband leader of destro warbands when i encounter them, i simply just see who is driving the buss and runs infront :lol:

And I am simply not going to give credit to someone who I evening after evening see afk with a fully functional warband within keeps, or standing afk on BOs waiting for stars (90%building stars and 10% siegeing) I am not blaming someone for playing the current system, just pointing out that it is happening. Hence why I even mentioned her in the first place.
And before you try to call me out for not brownnosing your beloved pink Dok leader (really i have no interest in discredit anyone) maybe think about why destro almost always have higher numbers in zones, but sometimes people wonder where they are at because they cant be found. Either humping the warcamp or afking on nearest BO.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

wonshot

Post#85 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 am Let me address some of the points here.

- The list of what gives contribution is given, just not how much they each give (and we will never release that or people will inevitably game the system).
- Killing does matter, not only does it give you direct rewards (rr, tokens) but its on the list of contribution gains.
- Grouping up on voice can vastly increase your chances and in some cases make you win over larger groups, ofc you should never expect to win over foes that vastly outnumbers you.
- BO ticks have been set to not tick if too many are on the same flag and thus invalidating that gain. Its not totally out of the question to remove the BO ticks entirely or lower the rr gain should the situation grow worse with people AFK on BOs.

I absolutly understand the reasoning behind, and the point you are making while agreeing to it. But can we agree there is a conversation to be had about the rewards size in for example RR gain from afking on a "yeilding" BO flag during an entire zone compared to putting in max effort in getting a fully functioning killing-warband together, replacing people, confrontations after lost fights and whatever else that might disband a warband in the open. Contra how little effort it takes to AFK on a flag, get acceptable RR gain and have no hassle for getting involved, killed, or making mistakes to learn from.

I am not saying we should punish the casuals and chase off everyone none hardcore, every game needs numbers and a healthy population. But right now, and to return to the original idea behind this topic, the insentive to get involved in a warband wether it being casual pug open warband, closed pug warband, event based warband, or guild/alliance only warbands is smaller the longer we get along this listing simply because the effort dont match the reward. My suggestion would be to increase the reward jump from afk solo zombie mode (hope this term is not offenstive to anyone) and make it more worthwhile for people to join the warbands instead of accepting the potential loss in gain from not doing so, but still feel the rewards are sufficient enough.

I am by no means trying to speak for anyone but myself, just stating my own view on the matter and people are free to disagree.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Zhentarim

Post#86 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 pm

You could have pug warbands and then you could have more organized pug warbands were the wb-leader has the option to choose which classes are allowed to join his wb without having to handle it himself while doing rvr.

People would see how much better the organized ones do compared to the normal ones and it would encourage people who want even more organized warbands to seek out guilds with voicecoms.

You could have even more options on warbands were only certain builds are allowed to join and that would drive people into going certain builds to benefit the warband as a whole.

Being able to earn the gear you need in multiple ways would also encourage people to continue playing instead of logging off when the content they need isn't available.

spartanc5

Post#87 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 pm

What incentive does a solo player have to get more organized with the curret system though.
If we break it down and take the typical un-grouped semi afk player standing on a BO flag as example, what would be required for him to focus more on the game and less on his Netflix:

- Knowing what will boost contribution (since some are progression driven and want to get better rewards)
- Killing mattering (if he can die freely feeding RP and resources without it having just the slightest disadvantage why bother)
- He might see those filthy pug warbands or organized warbands on voicecom, but he is making good rp for taking a keep and locking the zone, why should he pause his Simpson marathon and listen to someone giving comands and telling him to focus.
- Whats the point in getting more organized, the bigger zerg pretty much always wins so why bother becoming a premade guild and just get zerged down there are hardly any guilds to fight anyways
- As far as he can see, the RR is coming in nicely from standing on a BO, show up for killing the lord, and lock the zone. Why put in more effort in improving and getting more organized when everything is getting spoonfed to him?

Shoutout to the PUGwarband leaders who run daily, try to wake the BO zombies up and create action. Unfortuneatly there is no Realmpride to be had with no realmswitch timers, no guild pride because of no competition or benefits from being part of a succesful guild, and no rewards really "worth" it to step up the game and put in effort apart from the bar minimum

Order EU:
Erihorn
Diezix
Tumba

Destro EU:
Orcara
Anja (?)
Cerathul
Onemantankwall

Evasoul prolly belongs on the list but forming a warband to just stand afk on nearest BO to warcamp is pretty much the same as a solo zombie can muster, but then again why wouldnt she. The game doesnt reward anything for fighting as a warband.

In my own defence you clearly have no clue if i did nothing but sit on bo's sit at wc am sure people wouldn't be quick to join my wb but i guess as the saying goes hater's gonna hate ^-^
Elvasoul

Anjanolian

Post#88 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Hii all,
Grunbeast (P&P Guild leader) - He is a leader of event warbands (sorry, not me :oops: )

wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm ......
Destro EU:
Orcara
Anja (?)
Cerathul
Onemantankwall

Pain and Pleasure warband events:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25146
...Bride of Khaine...

Ads
Collateral

Post#89 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:55 pm

You can't force people to do anything. If they don't want to play in organized wbs, they won't play in them. It takes a massive amount of time and energy, and games today are not made like that anymore for a reason.

Organized wbs are a reward in themselves (if you want to invest the time), so I can't see how anyone can complain about rewards etc. You mow down pretty much everything, especially now when there are virtually no big guilds left (when you face a pug wb I mean, not the zergs). After some time people will burn out, simple as that. And when you do all that you can do in a game, there is no point playing unless you really really enjoy it. But even then, most of the people will leave for various reasons, and the guild will close. That's always been happening, and always will. As far as I saw, deep and dry are the new kids on the block, at least as far as wbs go. The destro pug leaders will never be able to compete with anything like that. It doesn't mean they shouldn't try. Maybe it will lead to a another destro guild forming, or the current ones becoming more competitive. It's a cycle.

I personally don't see a reason anymore to play in a wb. I jump in from time to time, but I guess I'm so used to tryharding I just can't get used to pugging. People are all over the place, zergs are huge. And when you face organized wbs, and you know you will lose every time, what's the point? You don't want to spend huge amount of time organizing, you don't like getting destroyed (like everyone else I'm sure) as it's a waste of your time, what do you do? You zerg up. It's human nature, and you can't go against that. There will always be someone better than you, be it a guild or simply the zerg.

It's a vicious circle you see. An organized guild forms cuz they are done getting stomped >> people who don't have time to spend organizing on the other side zerg up (or some even form a guild of their own) >> organized guild starts getting good, but inevitably sees the zerg is too big to handle (this happens to both sides at the same time), and slowly starts losing steam, as do other guilds on opposite sides >> organized guilds slowly disband after doing what they can in the game, and getting bored of the zerg or some other things happen. Repeat the process.

I honestly don't know what the game can do to stop this. Zergs are really getting out of control. It's not that it wasn't like that 2 years ago. When I see my old vids, there's a crap ton of people all over the maps. It was just different. You could roam around, not stand on bos. Coordination meant something. Now, people became zombies standing on flags. Even whole zergs. Back in the day they were at least roaming around, so there was an element of surprise, not knowing what you might find. Today, you can be almost certain when a zerg is on a bo.

Also, the community is just so different, the cohesion is lost. I don't see realm pride anymore. I think this has a lot to do with cross realm chat being removed. Even if you would get a toxic player from time to time, it was mostly good banter. I sure miss seeing Bitterstones rolling up with their dwarfen battle chants. It's all in the little things.

footpatrol2

Post#90 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Ya, was out to prove a point in the BTC warbands. In the end it didn't matter, I wasn't going to be able to influence RoR dev team anyway. meh had a ton of fun thou.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.