Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: organized warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dansari

Re: What would it take: organized warband

Post#11 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 am

Love playing organized wbs but NA has become incredibly hard to field 18, much less 24. And the fewer players you have the more susceptible you are to cheesebands.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#12 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 am

You can get your message across by being clear, concise and civil without adding thugs unnecessary "this sucks. That sucks. Everything sucks."

Mystry
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 am

I rarely do RvR at all; I don't think I've ever been in a WB that actually has voice communications. I've been in warbands with well-known leaders like Chezyban or Avocetii, but those are still comprised of pugs. I prefer to do scenarios, mostly.

This is because of 2 things:
A. I do not play a class that is the 'meta', or is good in big fights. I currently have an SM, DPS WP, SW and WH.
B. When I join WBs they almost always lack healers or competent melee DPS.

So it would take Order actually having some healers for once and a decent comp.

Ridduk

Post#14 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 am

Mystry wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 am I rarely do RvR at all; I don't think I've ever been in a WB that actually has voice communications. I've been in warbands with well-known leaders like Chezyban or Avocetii, but those are still comprised of pugs. I prefer to do scenarios, mostly.

This is because of 2 things:
A. I do not play a class that is the 'meta', or is good in big fights. I currently have an SM, DPS WP, SW and WH.
B. When I join WBs they almost always lack healers or competent melee DPS.

So it would take Order actually having some healers for once and a decent comp.
A wb that is organized would have healers ,yes?

Mystry
Suspended

Post#15 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:50 am

Ridduk wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 am A wb that is organized would have healers ,yes?
Not on Order. Many times it ends up either spending hours trying to find *a* healer or goes into the lake and basically feeds free renown to destro while trying to get a healer.

Foltestik

Post#16 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:53 am

you need to add samething to fight for as WB.
on live it was city siege and you need premades warbands to push zones and then you need warband to win city

Greenbeast

Post#17 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 am

As it is right now there are almost no point in joining/organising guild. There is no pvp content that are gated behind being in guild nor guild offer you any meaningful rewards. Half of server population when not more are casuals and cant provide constant online. I have players who play only Sundays for example or once in 2 weeks in P/P warbands what brings a lot of inconstancy. Like last Sunday we were able to wipe ~80 order players with only our warband +- some random players around. This Wednesday we barely got 3 groups and our performance was average :) Running P&P for almost 5 months we have changed ~60% of warband members and those guys not even coming online any more (summer maybe, maybe it is just how RoR works).
Second thing is class balance in RoR(or maybe in War as well, but I cant remember anything about it in classic game)not allow you to take all classes in warband if you want to compete. There is simply very limited amount of combinations you can take. sh, we, choppa have no role in organized warbands. Same goes for builds 2h tanks -no, dps healers -no, st mdps - no etc. Almost all classes have only one build for warband and there is no synergy between many classes.
So I think more rvr content that promote you to be organised and more available builds for warbands would do the trick.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 am

I agree with TenTonHammer. WB is rather boring playstyle for me.

Tone down AoE damage (especially targetless one) and morale damage and I might be inclined to play in a WB more often. At the moment I think the impact of the individual player for the outcome of the fight is far to low, while WB-leader and WB composition are the decisive factors for winning the fight.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Foomy44

Post#19 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 am

I'm sure not what you are looking for, but my internet connection would have to change. If I could reliably play at 100% at all times I'd love to lead WBs, find a place in a good guild, get good with a premade, etc. But when 90% of the time you risk going +500 ping for the whole battle it makes you real unreliable so I try to stay away from situations where people are going to get screwed by my connection so not a whole lot of organized group play unfortunately.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

RuffRyder

Post#20 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am

As already stated, some players just can't be convinced to do WB/guild play, because they made their experience already and just don't like the playstyle.

For those who haven't decided yet: You should give it a try. Sure when joining any open PuG WB you can have a good one or a bad one, you will realize quickly.

I am running with PuG WBs all the time, apart from PuG SCs, because I
1. don't like running solo/exposed (even as WH/WE),
2. love large-scale fights, even zergs at some point and
3. experienced participation in many organized PuG WBs (thx to Kriser, Cature, Erihon, etc. for that!) can be a lot of fun and rewarding in the end. I can never complain about rolls, bags, etc. - always been good :)

So what regarding the op would make me further join guild WB with comms etc.? Not reading things like "comms required", "need discord" maybe, but I even will try this out some day.

There are many players around here which are more casual and just can't bring reliable efforts into those groups all the time, like it may have been on live, because some of us are older today and just play when we have the spare time besides e.g. family. When one of my kids wakes up I just break up gaming for a bit or just quit for the day. As long as this conflicts with the playstyle that's exspected within a group, it just won't happen.

2c
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)