Recent Topics

Ads

Default "Play Ability Effects On:" settings...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bloodlet

Default "Play Ability Effects On:" settings...

Post#1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:18 pm

You all may want to change the default settings for "Play Ability Effects On:" to something other than "Self Only". I played on launch and have been trying things here. While doing PvE for some leveling I was thinking the whole time that you all had not implemented any ability or skill use by monsters until I finally realized at level 12 that it was just a video setting I needed to change. Now it finally looks like trolls are puking on me and smashing the ground again instead of everything just looking like some boring auto attack.

p.s. Now if you can just get the monster pathing down so the world really starts to feel more alive...

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: Default "Play Ability Effects On:" settings...

Post#2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 pm

If it didn't affect performance unreasonably hard, I think everyone would have played with effects on everything. But sadly enabling all effects leaves the game just barely playable in the end game, and also makes a lot of important animations almost impossible to spot because of all the large, flashy but unimportant effects of heals, AoEs etc.
Rip Phalanx

Bloodlet

Re: Default "Play Ability Effects On:" settings...

Post#3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm

They don't need to enable all (though I did because my PC can take it) but simple turning it on for your targeted enemy which I think was one of the options. Server is restarting so I can't check at the moment. It would just give a better impression of the game to new players I think. If their performance takes a hit they can always lower it but may not know it exists in the first place if they don't see it.