Recent Topics

Ads

SC rewards for losers will create mindless twats

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
navis

SC rewards for losers will create mindless twats

Post#1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

I would like to request that the current rewards for losing SC's be drastically reduced or removed entirely.

Without real incentive to win too many people will lean heavily and abandon playing to win mindsets because they know they can get good rewards even if they play horribly. There are obvious imbalances created with players who are rank 2 or 3 entering scenario to play because they are playing them to level up but at the same time they are contributing to the overall loss of their team because of it. It's not a good cycle can you guys please address this?

thx

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: SC rewards for losers will create mindless twats

Post#2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Denying the right for players who are low level to join scenario's isn't very nice.

Every single MMO allows low levels to join battlegrounds/SCs.

Whether or not the losing reward is going to be an incentive for people to deliberately let their realm lose, I've not seen anyone do this yet.

That said, changes can be made to fine tune anything...

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:22 pm

The rewards for the losing side are lower (not sure if this is the case here) and based on their score.
Dying is no option.

Vaul

Post#4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm

The reward is dependent on the final score. If you lose a SC 0-500 you probably get a pitiful 50RP or something. Win 500-0 I think the reward is 720 RP. However, if the score is close, say 500-476, then the RP is much more evenly split. I like this system.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

xitroxas

Post#5 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

And if the concern is that people just come to sponge the RP, this game had at one point a deserter system. It was a buff that stayed on you until you left the starting area (thus making you killable). I do not recall if it lasted thirty seconds? Or two minutes? I'm uncertain of the duration, but if time ran out on it, you were ejected from the scenario.
Bigx - Black orc — Lilx - squig herder

navis

Post#6 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Right now I'm getting around 6000 xp for losing a sc.

I dunno... I just saying I think the incentive to actually win was greater before this change..

Maybe if you want to allow low level players to advance more quickly through PvP then give large reward at RvR instead of SC.

Just my thoughts

cheers

Libra

Post#7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Not allow lvl 1 to play SC? Then whats the point in playing the game then? LOL
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus

zabis

Post#8 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:38 pm

I don't think the lower levels hinder their side all that much. If they weren't there, wouldn't that side just become outnumbered?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:41 pm

navis wrote:Right now I'm getting around 6000 xp for losing a sc.

I dunno... I just saying I think the incentive to actually win was greater before this change..

Maybe if you want to allow low level players to advance more quickly through PvP then give large reward at RvR instead of SC.

Just my thoughts

cheers
I will quote myself because there was a thread about this topic already.
Sulorie wrote:
SC WIN T1 with 500 points gives 5000 XP and 600 RP.
10 XP per 1 point.
The losing team gets the same XP ratio according to their own point value, e.g. 4000 XP for 400 points.
The losing team renown reward is max 250 RP, e.g. 200 RP for 400 points.

The SC XP reward scales with tier. But it seems like lower ranked chars (like below 10) get less than 5000 XP for a 500pts win.

Rewards for player kills in sc depend on the lvl-difference between both players and possible assisting team-members, this should be discussed in a different topic but you hardly get any numbers for it.

Dying is no option.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:54 pm

i support leaving it as it is. SCs are now a viable and fun way to level up. having lowbie teammates if i'm on my mains doesn't bother me at all