A few ideas for you

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Godsdemon03

A few ideas for you

Post#1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:09 am

Map Redesign-

1) I can't count how many times I join a WB and stick/follow my WB leader when the wife or kid come up and talk to me only to find my character has got caught up on a stupid rock or something obscure on the map- thus losing follow.
Is there a way someone thats good with maps can go back through and remove these extra entities in the maps for all ?

2) Along with my suggestion to tweek the maps, could we scale them down slightly ? Does the population really need such large zones ? Could we save the current ones and then bring them back when the population boosts ?

Class tweeking- Speedster enhancement to for a class to make it more group friendly

3) Could there be an option for 1 class for each side to have a "speed buff" class ? Think of a Minstrel/Bard/Skald type setup but ROR/War style ? Along with it having speed it could also have debuffs and or maybe just possibly drop the speed ability into its mirror class. The only thing I see that could be a problem would be the rubberbanding potential exploiters (minor adjustment for speed) and have that class an ability in its tree to be able to accomodate a WB for its speed within its range. If you would want more ideas on a minstrel type class, daoc was somewhat generic and Forsaken World had a fun type support/heal type class. If interested I would be willing to talk over ideas with you.

4) Increase the size of a group to 8 people ? This would be more for #3. If you like that option then the group size would have to expand so some classes wouldn't be left out and in turn the WB increase slightly.

5) slightly tweek the Lord's Pathing. Depending on the keep, the lord seems to rubber band all over the place.

Thanks for all that you do, even if no one says it!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: A few ideas for you

Post#2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:14 am

Why would you want to increase group size to 8?

Foomy44

Post#3 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 am

#1 is mostly a warband leader issue brought on by most of the population ignoring the /follow command, not a map or game mechanic issue. If more people used /follow more WB leaders would make sure to not let the 23 people /following them not get stuck on a rock. Removing every rock and tree in the game is about the worst recommendation I've ever heard here.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:24 am

Godsdemon03 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:09 am Map Redesign-

1) I can't count how many times I join a WB and stick/follow my WB leader when the wife or kid come up and talk to me only to find my character has got caught up on a stupid rock or something obscure on the map- thus losing follow.
Is there a way someone thats good with maps can go back through and remove these extra entities in the maps for all ?

2) Along with my suggestion to tweek the maps, could we scale them down slightly ? Does the population really need such large zones ? Could we save the current ones and then bring them back when the population boosts ?

Class tweeking- Speedster enhancement to for a class to make it more group friendly

3) Could there be an option for 1 class for each side to have a "speed buff" class ? Think of a Minstrel/Bard/Skald type setup but ROR/War style ? Along with it having speed it could also have debuffs and or maybe just possibly drop the speed ability into its mirror class. The only thing I see that could be a problem would be the rubberbanding potential exploiters (minor adjustment for speed) and have that class an ability in its tree to be able to accomodate a WB for its speed within its range. If you would want more ideas on a minstrel type class, daoc was somewhat generic and Forsaken World had a fun type support/heal type class. If interested I would be willing to talk over ideas with you.

4) Increase the size of a group to 8 people ? This would be more for #3. If you like that option then the group size would have to expand so some classes wouldn't be left out and in turn the WB increase slightly.

5) slightly tweek the Lord's Pathing. Depending on the keep, the lord seems to rubber band all over the place.

Thanks for all that you do, even if no one says it!
1) If there are places where you can stuck and can't get out take screens with area visible and another screen with big map location and coordinates and post it in bug tracker. Making everything flat won't happen.

2) We can't and if we could we wouldn't do that. Also too much work for... For what?

3) There are already classes with access to speed buffs.

4) No, what for?

5) This is complex issue and maybe will be solved one day. Generally we would like NPCs to not walk through the walls or other obstacles.

Godsdemon03

Post#5 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:37 pm

4 was more of a follow up to 3 if the idea entertained you.

Having a class that had a pulsing speed buff that would drop during combat and kick back in out of combat would be much more handy than mounting. (like DAoC)

As far as stuck- pragg rocks @ the BOs are usually a death sentence. It won't let you jump up and out and instead you fall thru and insa die on the map.

DAOC had a /cord or some type of command you could type in to give better info than a SS. Does this game also have that option ?

Now that you have client control will you be making it so people can't realm switch on a dime ? Maybe consider a 15 min faction timer ?

Godsdemon03

Post#6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:14 am Why would you want to increase group size to 8?
As I posted in my original. If you chose to have a "speeder" ability to a class or create one you wouldn't want to force a current class out of the lineup in 6 mans for the speed. Which would be as valuable but that was already turned down.

Godsdemon03

Post#7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 am #1 is mostly a warband leader issue brought on by most of the population ignoring the /follow command, not a map or game mechanic issue. If more people used /follow more WB leaders would make sure to not let the 23 people /following them not get stuck on a rock. Removing every rock and tree in the game is about the worst recommendation I've ever heard here.
I disagree. I click on my WB leader and go to the follow command then stub my toe on a rock or some other trivial crap on the map and lose follow or they zig zag thru places that have entities on the ground and lose half their WB due to the delay on the /follow.

The maps aren't /follow friendly. Instead I use enemy and mark them and do my best with following them that way.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Follow in a fast-paced RvR game is always going to be lackluster. It's supposed to be used for a few seconds of following, while you type something out in /wb or /t4: not so you can AFK (not meant offensively btw) for an extended period of time.

The 6-into-8 would just mandate a complete overhaul of the entire game and its mechanics. It's just not worth it, and would completely **** up the balance that people have become accustomed to.

Ads
Detroit

Post#9 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:06 am

Hello .(pardon my language )

I don't know how difficult to make this, just suggestion.
Maybe its just me, RvR renown rewards is very low ( considering population and hugging flag gameplay style ). You can play for few hours in WB and get RR reward comparable to 1 scenario or less. Sure you get medals but this leads to another thing.
I imagine its not only shaman feature, for SC medals you can only obtain equipment for DD spec. Heal equip only for RvR.

My suggestion is to make quest something like kill/assist 100 players for 5k renown.
Balance numbers as you see fit.
Sure, maybe im wrong (newcomer after all) , but it feels like you wasting time in rvr, especially if parity in zone.
( Also recently i was renamed by gm or moderator, and there is no way to rename myself before 40 RR. So why not let player choose name instead of force random name ? Name was Bisexual. What is intresting surname was unchanged Trisexual.).