Recent Topics

Ads

Improve RvR System Brainstorm

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tesq

Re: Improve RvR System Brainstorm

Post#11 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:56 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 am @tesq
nope, it'll make underdog zerg.
1wb vs 2g for example.
1g each BO vs 2g zerg killing 1g.
while 3g playing wait-hammer.
make 3g chase 2g? they can circle the zone endlessly.
intels can make difference, soon there'll be false intels.
don't underestimate trolls.
it's too much hassle for too little gain, IMO.
if 1 wb sit on a flag, move those 2 group onto another flag, you are not forced when you are the underdog to fight for ALL flag at same time you can even lock 3/4 flag or just 2 as under dog this is alredy good si aao should also give you mroe contribution than other side, the higer pop side need to, and of course should recive less resource and contribution for it, vs the underdog be able to pick fight where it want, the collective lock timer is a way to split by force major side around , the weaker one can then procide to pick fight as he want, this also generate transition between flags as solder reinforcments aka

for exemple

destru have on flags

-1wb (martysr square
-2pt (armory)
-3pt (manor)
-2pt(graveyard)

order have :

-2pt-->go graveyard
-3pt-->go manor
-2pt-->go armory
-2pt-->go amory

/////////////////////////

results you get a fair fight on 3/4 bo if you wipe armory ppl fasty enough to face reinforcement from mid, you get a fair 1 wb vs wb fight and you even get morales up alredy when that happen; keep up for 3 min , do that near 3 min timer for lock= underdog locked 3/4 flags for 3 min and recived correspondive resource.

it's about strategy man..

when ppl will start loose vs the underdog ppl will move from a holding warfare to a net warfare with small /medium engagement all over the rvr, because with a net reinforce type of deploy you can send reinforce where is need as side with more population aka zerg became even less a thing.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 am

the problem imo is
main zerg have to split.
underdog don't need to split.
underdog become new zerg against spread BO.
cuz they can ignore campaign and chase AAO rp.
then main zerg grp up and chase underdog.
endlessly.
luckly one side locked 4.
what's next while it's locked?

your theory requires a lot of communication. i mean a lot.
it's hard in international server and prone to trolls.
too much complicate.
just my 2c.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#13 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 am the problem imo is
main zerg have to split.
underdog don't need to split.
underdog become new zerg against spread BO.
cuz they can ignore campaign and chase AAO rp.
then main zerg grp up and chase underdog.
endlessly.
luckly one side locked 4.
what's next while it's locked?

your theory requires a lot of communication. i mean a lot.
it's hard in international server and prone to trolls.
too much complicate.
just my 2c.
i alredy tried this as underdog (60-80 aao) both in dw and in reaik , the best exemple is in dw when keep are inverted, PE is basically as an hq for destru if you dont wana loose every flags you need to hold Pergolat ember first because due order keep being near 3 flags and 1 of those having portal for the 4th is mandatory in that sich.

so to summ every one litterally was focus on PE protection even jumping down all the time from the hill after a wipe on the flags and we moved only /alway from there to maintain controll over the flags, basically it was like a real army HQ where you then due the need send reinforcements, the only comunication you need is 1 ppl telling the other where to stay and where go help. you also place also small groups in between flags so that those reports info and system is troll proof like i said as a net.

it's pretty much straighforward and t4 realm chat serve that purpose, since every wb leader and party speakfor himself only solo ppl would be able to troll /missguide a realm , just you only need 1 ppl that organize stuff and his "liutenant" than answer and report stuff and not listen to random ppl around not in group/wb.

Tharund

Post#14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:17 pm

There could be a system that discourages the WB from playing side by side when they are an overpopulation.
For example, if they are within 500m, there is a (big) debuff RP for both (or more) WBs.

The consequence will be that the players of the faction in overpopulation do several groups of 6 and not WB to always make the mass.

And I think it can be easier, for the opposing faction in sub number, to manage 1 WB of 24 player and 12 groups of 6 players rather than 4 WB of 24.

And in a group of 6, players will be more tempted to do SC ... all good for everyone

Do not believe that the sub number faction will win against the overpopulation faction.
But fight will be more interesting … I hope.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#15 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Hoy!!! I sweared to answer your post when back ! Here we go :).
Marawo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm
Suggestions:

Make BO generate supply crates
Gives value to holding BO during sieges for steady supply income for attacker as well defender. More importance to postern doors. Gankers have something to do during siege time as well. Anyone can do this even without grp giving the opposite realm slacks. Do I siege with my full force or do I leave some ppl on BO's? (vice versa for defenders).

We separated the BO's supply generation and Supplies boxes, generating more potential spots in the lake doing this. Once again, gathering all attention on limited objectives concentrate players around those spots.

Marawo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm Supply repairs cannons and ram
Defending fixed cannons already regenerate health automatically, they can be very lethal to any attacking siege equipment, rightfully so, but they are too devastating right now during high population times. If Door can get repaired with supply why cant ram? Smaller grps are perfect for this, solo players as well but the smaller the force the higher the risk of counterplay getting their supply stolen destroyed.

I invite you to take a look on the initial ORvR rework blueprint about this point :). It was initially planned to link supplies amount to resources and siege tools power on realmrank. Some part of the blueprint haven't been done because - with lot of respect- devs haven't tools atm to make it work properly. For thesame reason, i guess we are actually missing repairing mechanics, and i fear it is for moment atleast out of range (dev).

Marawo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm Oil respawnrate is affected by supply level
This is mainly for balance if ram repair and the supply from BO change is introduced. I dont see why a 0 rank keep should be able to use oil at the same rate as a 3 star keep as well.

linked to previous suggestion, so my answer will be the same.

Marawo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm Low supply level disables BO portals
Promotes smaller grps in fresh zones before a dominant side establishes itself. Ripping weak links out of a unorganized zerg also helps weaken one side without porting to their grp again too easy. Giving more meaning behind hunting grp besides renown.

Something is planned about BO and portals. According many ppl complaining about the warhafkatBOmmercauseweareforcedtoo, players will be able when BO taken to leave it. It will stay for 2 mins for his realm (unless the other faction take it), and after it will become neutral Ofc, it will generate resource during these 2 minutes. If the BO is left and none keep it, portal will be desactivated.

Marawo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm Supply crates dropped from players destroyable
You left behind supply you dropped but you won the fight, why shouldnt you be able to destroy them or pick them up again to make them vanish? Important counter mass supply accumulation in zone as well as clearing clutter from the ground after huge fights in chokepoints.
I agree you. This functionnality has been asked to dev. Seems it is difficult to do atm.

Telen
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:44 pm

You will never improve the RVR system because when the game was designed all zones were meant to be open. So they made the zones tiny and the playerbase was meant to be spread through them, originally not even having keeps. Compared to games like GW2 they are more like battlegrounds. The idea was never to force a server onto a single zone so they made them too small. Thats why its just zergs running around in a fishbowl.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:09 pm

You got 3 open zones at times, that's not enough?

Dajciekrwi

Post#18 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:29 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:09 pm You got 3 open zones at times, that's not enough?
Hello, IMAO this was a very good idea, this zone opening.
Its just my opinion, but if y want see a full effect of this decision , should remove Lord from keep and put the defence duty on shoulders of players. Y dont want to lose keep, well go and defended it!!
If that not work, y always can bring back Lord.
Its just proposition, no offence or provocation pls.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:43 am

It didn't work on live, why would it work now?

witchdoctor

Post#20 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 am

i Guess 3 open zones are enough. But that doesnt matter... you can open 12 zones if you want, doesnt make a difference,
with a Lord that simply onehits people.
If you have warband, which decided to attack a keep in an other zone than the rest of the zerg is, than already a 6 man premade is easily able to wipe them out with the help of the Lord. :roll:

You said it didnt work on life, but i'm not sure about that.

How about a Flag in the lordroom which need to be tapped by someone for about 3 minuts?
You still need to defend bottom floor, WH/WE have chances to hide and sneakly interrupt the the taper, or the defending real use Tank M4 to start a rush to the lord room and interrupt the taper...

At least you dont need to be 3 WB's to take a keep, and it still can be retapped. :D