Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion for lowpop faction

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ragafury

Re: Suggestion for lowpop faction

Post#21 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:18 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Darks63 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm I think Yali means the realm lock timer from live. Yali will the timer be 4 hours like live or more? Or less?
Live was 8 hours.
Nothing is planned more than the general idea :

Scenario 1 :
Imagine you play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. During this period, IF the opposite faction is outnumbered, you'll be able to join and "break" this timer. Connecting on Destro will "lock" you for XX hour on Destro (unless order be outnumbered and then ... you keep the idea i guess :)).

Scenario 2 :
You play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. During this period, if your faction is outnumbered you will stay on order faction. In the end of these XX hours, you'll be able to move on destro faction (and then being locked for XX hours ).

Scenario 3 :
You play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. You play XX+1 hours on your faction. You wont have any lock and you will be able to move on opposite faction whenever you want (and then you'll be locked for XX hours again)

On side note : No idea about changing tiers to play. But i guess this lock will impact T2+ and probably not T1. Dunno if there are simple ytechnical solutions about it.

Seems fair isn't it? :)
bad idea.

when I was active I played before the warband my order char. (because I needed progress; RR, medals etc.)
when it was warband time, I logged the char which was required for the warband; and AAO can change every minute at 20:00h gmt+1; cause every active guild has there members logging in, so population is than super volatile.
after warband I than switched back to my order OR another destro char, depending mostly on my mood and what I want to play or where I needed progress for the guild.

with the above mentioned I have now 2 choices if I'm in an active guild:

option one:
don't play my toon, cause I don't know if I can switch realm later when I need to.

option two:
play my char, and be later isolated and can't play with my guildm8s.

option three:
don't log anything, play another game and only log for warbands.
after that I'm trapped on that side, not even sure if I want to continue there.

the only solution is than:
2nd account, which if something like this comes, is the only thing which will allow me to play as much as I want, if you even make it more strict and bind it to IP adress, I'm forced to use and install 3rd party tools just to play...
New players will read that you have a lock, and simply make a 2nd account, same goes for every ambitioned player who will than simply roll another toon on a 2nd account.

Even the crippled loot than sucks as an idea, cause you basically only punish chars which need the gear, not even chars which just want to farm renown.

Some guilds like phalanx and TUP always tried to make the game fun and balanced by playing both sides and move whole warbands, which wasn't always a success, but atleast it was most of the times worth a try (again, player numbers are volatile on an international server)
And I'm pretty sure, as long the server is healthy, other guilds will keep this up.

This will also hit the super evil 6 mans like Fusion, LoB and so on, which usually prefer AAO and don't care too much for the char they play which contributed by logging underdog.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Darks63

Post#22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:24 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm With the removal of campaign contribution upon character swap, the fact that you get NOTHING for just showing up late and joining the winning faction and the ever present AAO bonus makes a hard or soft lock redundant, prohibitive and catering only to the players blaming "muh x-realming" as the reason they ran headlong, outnumbered, into a larger group of enemy players all the while having MASSIVE pvp lakes in which they could've been using to keep their distance and engage at a more inopportune time. Never in my time playing this game have I been in a group with a player that is even marginally sentient and heard them verbally proclaim "muh x-realming." But come in to the forums and every few weeks- apparently the sky is falling and it's those illustrious unnamed players ruining the game by... Changing characters.
That is the sad fact of it. People who blame sudden pop fluxes on CR will just find a new scapegoat once the lockout is in. Next they will demand you cant see the pop difference on the main page "cause people use it to see who is winning pls nerf". Although if the devs do put it in hopefully it wont be 8 hrs like maybe 4 instead?
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

DirkDaring

Post#23 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:34 am

I mentioned a soft faction lock out over 2 years ago, similar to live as an incentive to not xrealm, but instead of the 8 hours like on live a 2 to 4 hour would be enough

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm With the removal of campaign contribution upon character swap, the fact that you get NOTHING for just showing up late and joining the winning faction and the ever present AAO bonus makes a hard or soft lock redundant, prohibitive and catering only to the players blaming "muh x-realming" as the reason they ran headlong, outnumbered, into a larger group of enemy players all the while having MASSIVE pvp lakes in which they could've been using to keep their distance and engage at a more inopportune time. Never in my time playing this game have I been in a group with a player that is even marginally sentient and heard them verbally proclaim "muh x-realming." But come in to the forums and every few weeks- apparently the sky is falling and it's those illustrious unnamed players ruining the game by... Changing characters.
Hear, hear!

mogt

Post#25 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:42 pm

2 or 4 hours is to low, because waht then the most players do. i can say it as eg

they fight with zerging (2 or 4 hours) and then they log to opssite side, and then thery do it again, without use the head to lock zone waht important is for the future, and that is problem, many xralming players do that all know that, and what tup or phalanx do is a joke, they dont balance anything, they just killing eachother and get the medals and rr and have no interest for locking zoneand you can see that over month ago, or another example is, if 10 hours open a zone, how kv many players can remeber this, and that is fact, that many players do xrealminf for get reard but doing less for that, and wioth a lon timer, the palyers must change their mind, or going away to play another game

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:56 pm

All I can say is that if guilds like TUP/Phalanx/LoB/Fusion/others - aka guilds who actively look for challenges and don't jump onto the zerging side - are penalised because of this, it will simply demotivate them from playing.

I also think there needs to be a discrepancy between RvR and SC xrealming: quite often premades will log onto side X if they know fights are to be had against side Y premades in SC. I would also really love to see conclusive proof that xrealming causing wins is an actual thing, as I am yet to see any still. I'm not saying that imbalanced numbers isn't a thing; but people actively xrealming en masse simultaneously needs to have the evidence to back it up.

If people are doing this, call them out - call out their guilds, their alliances - so that we know who the perpetrators are, instead of making blanket changes that will simply have a negative effect on the groups/guilds who are genuinely looking for challenges and may get caught up on the wrong side of a realm lockout, prompting them to log off if they can't play with guildies/if they can't seek any fights.